• "No you cannot go to the bathroom" "sit down and be quiet"

Yes, I've always said so and I'll continue to say so until I find a way of shouting. Children are very oppressed. While it's true that it's not like their lives are difficult or strenuous, they don't have a voice in anything. Things that directly affect them are "not their concern". Bills passed on school subjects and rules are created above their heads. They have no way to decide which path they walk down or how it will affect their future. They are constantly told not to argue or cause trouble by questioning their world. The word obedient is thrown about by teachers and school staff like a toy despite the fact that its meant for slaves and dogs. The words part to all of it is that by controlling education, adults literally have a child's future by the throat. They have no form of Miranda rights and can be searched anytime without a warrant. They're entitled to no defense except perhaps their parents, and their punishments have a strong impact on their lives. Oppression isn't simply a physical thing. Maybe children are looked after but they're not given the equal freedom that adults enjoy. They deserve to have a voice in this world because someday they'll be in charge of it.

• Wait, I can't be in a legal contract?!

I'm talking all minors (-18) we are very oppressed in the fact that we can't do most things any adult can do, like own real estate, be a business owner, even something as simple as getting a piercing alone. There needs to be a change in the system and a social movement towards supporting youth because in the end of the day we are your future. There are so many young people who are entrepreneurial or simply are ready to move out (of course talking about youth in their upper teens 15+) and laws prevent us from doing those things. There needs to be an urge to make the minority age 16 instead of 18.

• A human is a human, no matter what, unless you are less than 6,574 days (18 years) old.

Civil rights can be given to people regardless of race, gender, and (recently) sexual orientation, but not to anyone 6,573 or less days old. Minors are evn legally referred to as "infants" until they're eight-teen years old, regardless of how much more mature they are than the people who made that so.

• Sit! Stay! Dog commands not for humans

I agree completely that children are oppressed, they are treated like dogs or even prisoners, if you think that children aren't mature enough to make decisions you are deadly mistaken because last time I checked there are children's whose lives are ruined because they don't have any power over things that directly affect them and every day I see an adult treating children as though they are animals and not even remembering at they were once in the same position and the person who said that adults power is abused 1% of the time, are you serious?? I would say more like 80% of the time because if you went up to an adult and said "stop talking and sit down" there no doubt that the person wouldn't do that and there would be nothing you could do about it a child on the other hand is forced to do that or they get grounded, detention, etc. And if you think that's how the world should be run and that children should be under the control of adults, maybe you need a dog instead.

• Well i would unfortunately say i agree

Although that many rules in schools and such do help kids to learn how to be mature, not allowing a child to ask a question or not allowing a kid to go to the bathroom. If these rules were given to adults in a university then there would be petitions and it would be against human rights. I once saw a poor kid humiliated by a teacher because they asked a question that was seen as a stupid thing to say, i am sick of some adults treating kids like dogs and that they can be finely trained to be made better.

• Children are not oppressed; they are not yet ready for full rights and responsibilities in our society.

This is coming from a teenager, FYI. I'm not really talking about 13-14 up, more like actual elementary kids. But children need guidance and a measure of control over their lives, since their cognitive and reasoning skills are nowhere near those of an adult. They cannot be trusted to navigate the weighty decisions adults must make, for their own safety and well-being. After all, they are in a stage of development where they must focus on the basics: social skills, motor skills, etc. Having to decide whom to live with, what to buy, or how to support themselves (which, if they had equal rights and responsibilities, they would have to do) would be dangerous and psychologically damaging. Since they cannot make the serious decisions, someone must make them in the child's stead. That responsibility falls to parents first of all, then to teachers and other authorities. Sometimes this power is abused, but that's in .1% of cases, if you think about it. So on the whole? No, children are not oppressed, they are protected.

• Like seriously, lol

Why the heck do some people wanna grow up so quickly? Great things will come as one matures, but enjoy your childhood. You're only gonna have it once. I don't see why especially non-autistic children would complain. Self-entitled punks. As an autistic who had some tyranical paras as a child, I'd do anything to have had the freedom non-autistic children have and take for granted.