• Programmed for the cold, designed for warmth.

I feel that the problem is not how much pressure we put on children in today's age, but rather on where people are focusing that pressure. It's all about appearances, how you look on paper. You have to have great grades, look good, be agreeable and well socialized, and you have to create that image as soon as possible and reflect it on multiple levels and platforms.
    We are told by those around us that it's of the utmost importance to develop strong moral codes etc..., but what we learn from observing the actions of the people telling us these things is that morality must be sacrificed to become a success.
    The problem is that at our core, all people seek/ need mental and spiritual meaning and understanding above all else, but we live in a world where that's placed last on the priority list.
    We're a generation of children being brought up on oxymorons. We're brought up to thrive in the cold, and then people seem surprised when the heat gets turned on and we melt. You're not allowed to say you're not coping, you're not allowed to take time to heal, and then when you finally break down you get swept under the carpet as soon as possible.
    On the plus side, now more than ever we have the power to change the world we live in for the better. From my experience, sometimes you just have to have the courage to be happy and damn the rest. Do what you're not allowed to do as long as it will help you grow as a person. Push yourself, but not over the edge of a cliff. In short, if the pressure being put on you is being directed in the wrong areas (it probably is) , take control of your own well-being and redirect it to the right areas. The rest of the world probably won't.

• In the UK

Scotland in particular, we get an interview with each of our teachers about target grades. In 5th year which is the second last year, I am currently doing 4 Higher level subjects, 3 of which are sciences and one National 5 due to failing it last year. I was great with my grades the first couple of years but I was met with really shocked looks when I asked for my target to be a C rather than an A, simply because I know I won't get it. The amount of pressure to get into Uni is actually unbelievable and I've ended up with stress-induced anxiety, and my hair actually falls out at times due to this. I personally don't even want to go to University, I'd rather do an apprenticeship but even saying that my Guidance teacher looks at me as if I've grown another head. Doing 5 exams plus having a part time job is probably the worst thing to deal with at 16,
    ~ Erin

• There is Way too much stress

I can speak firsthand being a student in Highschool that we are under a tremendous amount of stress nowadays. We're under too much pressure to succeed, what with keeping grades up, doing test after test, and battling depression and anxiety that was caused by the stress school has put on me, I hardly have time to enjoy my life that I should have. In conclusion, yes, students are under so much more pressure and have much more stress than many people realize

• I can't bear out all that pressure.

In the areas on which I live, my friends put far too much pressure on me. It's not only friends, my helpers put pressure as well. I feel like I'm going to be mistreated, so it's also putting pressure on me. So yeah, kids are getting a lot of pressure in schools.
    ~Max

• I can't bear out all that pressure.

~Max

• I can't bear out all that pressure.

~Max

• Yes the stress is incredible!

It's not even just about getting A's anymore (I mean, even though that is of course expected of you). It's about getting A's under extreme circumstances. Things get way worse as you get older. Way worse. The stress is unbelievable. There are so many expectations we are required to meet, which just aren't realistic. Children, and people in general, need time to sort things out and have down time and save time for other people and do what they love and what they would actually like to spend their time doing. People need to be balanced, and in the society in which we live, children are not able to do that. Imagine! A child, not even being allowed to go outside to play, or even stand. But it's true. This is reality. And the type of reality we live in leads to stress, then anxiety, and the next thing you know, depression. The society we live in places too much pressure on children, to the point where it is unhealthy.

• School Grades are more important than Mental Health (WRONG!!)

The excess pressure on students by the school and by parents are far more than enough. Students feel like they need to reach expectations of parents and teachers by cheating ect. Too much pressure can negatively influence students pushing them to cheat to meet expectations or have breakdowns. Now days your grades are more important than Mental Health. With more children being seen with anxiety and depression because if they don't reach this 'expectation' their self esteem lowers dramatically.

• Yes children are under pressure!!!

I think being a teenager myself I am under pressure having to study everyday having to keep up trends and look good and having to finish tasks on time having to have days to myself are hardly because of school so yeah children are under pressure everyday. Having test all the time

• Hi hi hi

Kid keeps you busy with work and in my room for and against the wall dollar and the I phone don't have the right way too long and the first place I have no clue who they really need to go back to my mom is the best of all the way you are the best I have a nice day to

• Children are not under pressure at all

Children today are even less under pressure than ever before. Maybe the problem is that they are to less under pressure, which gives them the idea that they can live and do whatever they please with their lives. Children need more pressure than ever, especially from good role models and parents to influence them to live with dignity and good moral standards.

• Kids are certainly NOT under to much pressure, there are two very good points of evidence for this

One of those points is if you simply look at the statistics, children in the United States have some of the lowest scores, they are the farthest behind in education. You would think with so many programs and tutors at there disposal they would be even smarter! Another point is that children here are given the choice to just be average and are only encouraged to get the average. Schools say get 380 on your CAHSEE exam that is equal to a C barely passing in most people minds.

• No, children are not under enough pressure

Children are growing up in the "everyone wins" generation. This is extremely harmful for children as it does not teach them how to handle failure when the consequences of failure are small. Children are not taught disappointment or to have realistic expectations. Children need to begin feeling the pressures of the real world at age-appropriate levels.

• I think each of you also receive too little pressure.

I think you live in different areas. In certain areas, kids could get any value of pressure - from slightly too much pressure to far too much pressure. I can't even imagine how little pressure you could be receiving, I guess. So, you can't just dismiss yourselves from thinking about other kids' opinions.
    ~Max, a curious searcher of the Internet.

• Nooo noo no

No no no no no non no no no on no no non non onion no no noon non on on ononnonnoonno n n n n n n n nn n n n n n n n nn n n n n n nn nn n n n nn n

• Nooooooo school is no pressure at all

Because its not npooooo we need pressure and school school school school school scholl school school school school school school school school school school school school is great and has no pressure at all. It sets us up for later in life and is awesome and so school school school

• Nooooooo school is no pressure at all