• I can see that.

I was born in 1998 so I'm considered a child but I'm borderline adult. When I was growing up in the early 2000s it was so much simpler because we didn't have all this technology like the kids nowadays and we actually went outside and would stay out there do HOURS. As I look around at the youth today especially with my little cousins it seems like they lost respect for all authority and it just saddens me because when they enter the real world its not gonna fly. I do agree that these younger parents are at fault because they don't instill discipline and I see it everyday and if you don't start at an early age its not going to be effective

• They are worse

I was a child back in the 70s. Back then, children were often seen playing outside while kids today had their eyes glued to the screen. Kids today are more sensitive. They can easily cause temper tantrums. Maybe because technology had changed their lives as they cant live without it. Kids today were also much lazier than they were back then.

• Don't blame the children its the parents fault!

You gave birth to the child you raise it. Don't let the kid become spoiled. Here's the thing now parents think about there childhood and remember how hard there parents were and want the kids not to hate them. Come on, that's why this generation is so messed up, feel bad for my kids

• Teens/children have changed

Even though drugs, protection, and other stuff were invented long ago teens from the past were not that included with that but kids now are included in drugs because they think that it makes them cool and that if they do drugs they will fit in with everyone else that to them they are cool but they really are not

• Teens/children have changed

• Yes children are getting worse and more disrespectful!

I just turned 20 in June. Graduated in 2013 and I can honestly say that I am ashamed of my generation. I have seen everything from young adults putting there hands on elders, fighting teachers, fight each other for no reason. I have seen students curse at and threaten teachers. I have seen young adults jump other teens. I know a lot of teens who have gotten killed from gang violence. I have seen people getting bullied. I have seen females get hit on by males. Males today do not respect females at all and I blame it on the music. When you listen to music today all you hear is "Fuck that Bitch" "She can suck my dick" and "Bitches are only good for sex" . Sayings that males use today are "Money over bitches" "Pussy money Weed" and etc. they idolize males who degrade females like lil wayne, future, 2chainz and many many more.

• Yes, they are.

When i was 12/13 i went on playground to play with my friends and my mum was always telling me that i won't have a boyfriend till 18. Now, kids have f's at math class in 6th and 7th grade what will they do in high school? They have boyfriends/girlfriends, they meet them on facebook, they have better phones than i had at that age, they are spoiled, they talk back to much, they start to have sex at 12, and 3 or 4 years later girls are pregnant, their are trying to appear more mature, girls wear mini skirts and short tops... And they won't have pretty childhood ... That's mostly what i see on the internet. But of course they are not all the same

• Technology is leading them further

From what I heard, kids today are possessing cell phones, ect. Some of these kids seem way too much into today's technology that they rarely play outside, but the thing is, they're into sex at an early age, under 16 to maybe around possibly 7 or 8. It's a shocker when you're still a child thinking you're mature enough to do that. From what I heard, kids are hitting puberty earlier than they use to. Kids back then would say, "Eww" to that, but kids today would jump into it. It's pretty bad to me. Children are maturing so fast, their childhood looks like as if it's ending too soon.

• Yes, children are worse than they used to be.

Children are worse then they use to be because they have all of this society to deal with and it can be a lot of pressure. The rules have changed and if we give our kids a spanking it's considered child abuse. Kids nowadays all want to fit in and be like one another and sometimes/most of the time it's doing bad things such as drugs or drinking or just getting into trouble. Why? Who knows.

• Yes, they are.

I know that every person who gets older says the same old line about the next generation being worse and worse, but I truly believe that the kids of today are much worse than they used to be. They have no respect for authority and no respect for their elders.

• Children aren't getting worse , its the parents

If you think children are getting worse your wrong because the only reason they do the thinks they do is to get attention from their parents and other people. When parents don't pay attention to their children the children get upset , don't feel loved , and rebel. They also have been told over and over that they should act like adult and they see adult drinking alcohol all the time and smoking and doing drug so they think its ok to do.

• Kids aren't getting worse, just people's memory

When adults talk about teenagers these days they seem to have such a puritan perspective on how a teen should be. Get them on a different day and ask them to describe their teen years and it's full of sneaking around, going to parties, drunk driving, sex and crazy adventures. Call them out on it and it's met with "Oh it was different then!" or "Things are more dangerous now". I actually disagree, I think things are safer now, we're just more aware and more honest of the consequences. We can point out instances of bad behaviour of teens nowadays but how is it any different than how teens of the 50's were portrayed in The Outsiders or teens of the 70's were portrayed in Dazed & Confused. Teens have always wanted to rebel against their parents and have always made mistakes, pretending that one generation is better than another based on these mistakes is pointless since they're not in similar circumstances.

• Working for the public...

I have learned that brattiness knows no age. There is far less racism, sexism, and homophobia, and crime rates have been dropping for decades. Teenage pregnancy is at the lowest it has been since the 50's. Anecdotally, which is all most of us have to go off of if we are being honest, they seem to be less of a terror to deal with than a narcissistic Baby Boomer.

• Every generation thinks there better than the new`

This goes back farther than the 50s and 60s older generation look down on the newer ones. The kids today are no worse than any other time. The people who say yes obviously have never really got to to know a teen just judged them because of the teen pop stars and bad kids on the news so before you open your mouths meet some teenagers they might just suprise you.

• No they are not.

Children are not worse than they used to be there is just way more children than there used to be. Before in the olden days the world was smalled so you did not see as many children and the few you did acted normally. Now a days they are everywhere because the world has gotten so populated so it looks like they are worse.

• Worse Than When?!?!?

Let's go through and respond to what (the general) teens do that is "bad".

1) They don't respect authority.
    In the Bible, there are stories of teenagers making fun of elders. If this is true, kids didn't "respect authority" even 5000 years ago. In 1963, 30000 people showed up to Woodstock. This was not "in respect to the adult leaders".
    2) They drop out of school.
    Do you blame them when they have this state.
    3) They do drugs.
    Remember the 1950s and 1960s?
    4) They're having more sex.
    Remember 1960?!?
    5) They're online all the time.
    You would be too if you were a kid.

• No, you can't generalize children like that.

They're living in a different generation with different environments. While they often lack the two-heterosexual-parent norm of the 50's, I don't believe that's a bad thing. In this cyber age, information and learning is more available in every single possible way, and I think our children are better off than we were in so many different ways, even if they don't realize it. Hopefully by the time they reach Adulthood, though, the economy will be straightened out and they will be able to contribute to the world by being a productive member of society. So no, they are not worse than they used to be. They are only different due to different environmental factors. They have the same genetic predispositions, but the environmental factors have just made them different. More potential, they have, I think.

• Children are just bad in different ways.

I would love to know when exactly children have ever been really good or mannerly at any point in human history. The reason we are charged with raising children is that they have to be taught how to act within human society, meaning that they aren't exactly socially adept by nature.

Children aren't exactly the most mannerly these days, but neither are they cheering their fathers on as they attack minorities with dogs or watching in joy as a thief is publicly hung or a woman accused of witchcraft is burned at the stake.

Are children worse than they used to be? I would say that it depends largely upon one's perspective, but I'm going to say no.