• Almost an absolute however there are exceptions

I was raised Catholic and went to church every Sunday as a child. As a young adult, I stopped going to church because I found the message to be somewhat conflicting. As I became older and wiser I see that, though the message is a good one in its core, the delivery method is mostly entrepreneurial. Pastors are excellent motivational speakers, many of them hypocrites and bigots, but I feel mostly for the weak followers that make up their "flock" of church goers. How can you see such a disparity between a wealthy pastor and people that can barely get by in life yet feel the "duty" to tithe. Weak in the mind and spirit but of course...Its GOD's will and requirement. You see the weak, the hungry, the poorly educated, the poor, those going through tough times (seems like a lifetime of it) "follow". They follow he who is "blessed"..The pastor. They're making millions and God forbid you don't go to church or sin as it's in our nature...Yes...You're going to hell. The bible is a good book and its teachings abound. But you must also open your mind to the interpretation and the different deliveries of this interpretation. If love is at your core and what you do, you do with love...You're living as God has intended for you to. You were given a mind to think and as such you have your right to believe. A proven fact is the the universe and all that lies in it...Is in expansion. Expand your heart, expand your thoughts, expand your mind to the possibilities that you have much to learn and just may be taken for a ride.

• All organised religion is

Any religion that says that you will go to hell after not following a majority mindset is a form of control.
    For instance, saying the Christian god doesn't exist will get me sent to hell, but saying the Muslim god doesn't exist will get me sent to their version of hell. The Romans who came up with this were genius. Its still controlling today.

• All organised religion is

• Yes they are !

I used to be christian. I got dragged to church and told if I didn't obey gods laws I would go to hell. Now as an adult, I have figured out what bull crap it is. Christians are called " children of god." think about that for a minute. Children are trusting and easy to scare. Adults use this to control them. Churches use this to control adults. To trusting . Do what you are told or you will burn in hell. Religion does not want you to think for yourself. Don't ask questions. When you do it is wrong. I figured that out. Once someone figures out the fairytail, the religious people loose their control and they can't stand that. I have found that religion breeds hate, homophobia, lies , and hypocrisy.
    ,

• Unwilling to research

I have tried to direct a number of Christians to materials and experts (especially in the world of science) where they can be shown scientific facts. Facts that are demonstrable. The information is easily obtained. Information that can debunk so much, but they refuse to see the facts. Very frustrating.

• Yes used to be Christian but saw how they controlled you

I am a 16 year old male I used to go to church 2-3times a week I was all for it ...But as I got older I noticed that they use it for control...At school when anybody asked me if I believed in god I said no. Mostly the reaction I got was "omg your going to hell" or they think I was just a horrible person which I'm not and that to show they will judge you so fast. Every time I try to explain my reasoning they didn't listen they just thought they were right and I was some evil anti-god person

• Yes they are.

"Christians" do not believe in evolution. The word evolution is not in the bible, so if a christian says they do believe in it then they are Hippocrates. Evolution is what the world is made of. The creation of earth is to logical for the human brain to understand that they went and created "gods" to relieve them.

• Yes they are.

• Yes they are.

• Yes they are.

• No they're not

Christianity holds itself to be the one true religion and the only path of salvation. It has little to say on things such as the natural sciences, politics, or social organization. While it is true that some individual Christians can be close minded, this is not due to the religion itself. Some of the greatest scientists, doctors, explorers, and artists have been practicing Christians. The problem of close mindedness is not peculiar to Christians, but to the human race.

• We can't "stereotype" all christians to be closed minded.

It is unfair to group all christians to be closed minded. It would be dependent on the individual person. I am Christian but I respect other people's individuality. We're not "gullible" or "dumb". I am a Christian because I believe in maintaining my own spiritual health, maintaining compassion, the capacity for love and forgiveness, altruism, joy, and fulfillment. The world getting crazier every day and it is getting more and more " vague" in determining what is right or wrong. Having faith is a moral compass for me in this confusing world.

• I believe it is much more regionally controlled

I come from a Catholic family that is overall proliberal and encourages me to do my best in subjects such as math and science. They also want be to be open minded and accepting of people no matter how different they are, and instead base them on their actions and motives. Also, I went to a Catholic school and the attitude was basically the same though there were mostly conservatives. If this is confusing it shouldn't be. They reached their conclusions through different interpretations and thoughts on given information, and the reason we achieved separate beliefs was that we're human and that's what people do.

• Close-minded? I hope so. "Too" close-minded? No.

I am a Christian and my mind is "closed" around the truth of the Bible. This gives me a clear sense of right and wrong in my personal life. For those who are too open-minded, the lines between right and wrong are blurred creating a society with games such as Grand Theft Auto where raping girls on the street and shooting cops is "cool". Having my mind closed around God's word means that I love ALL people even if I believe they are in the wrong. And love is and action word, not an emotion. If one of my children became one of the worst sinners in the world and committed acts that appalled everyone, I still would not want anyone to bad mouth my child. I still would not want people to be cruel to my child. I believe that God feels the same way about ALL people because He created them. So my mind is closed around the truth that God loves people even when they are hell-bent on destroying their lives. God loves them enough to tell them what will destroy them and what is best for them. And my mind is closed around the truth that God expects me to love them too. He expects me show love. Showing love doesn't mean I condone those things which destroys people, it means that regardless of what they do, I am still good to them. Is that "too" close-minded? I don't think so.