Are circuses no longer preferred mode of entertainment for children?

• Ya digital age has ruined circus as a mode of entertainment

The main cause of obsolescence of circus as a mode of entertainment is this modern era of digital smartphones nd laptops. It has ruined traditional method of entertainment for children. Children are getting addicted to smrtphones, movies, music for their entertainment and they find these circuses as a boring traditional method of entertainment

• No no hn

G g g g g g g g g g g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g

• The Circus is Being Overlooked by Families for Many Reasons

I think the circus is being overlooked by families more and more for several reasons. There is concern about whether or not the animals are treated ethically. Especially when a troupe travels they have little concern about a poor reputation in the community. A farmer that uses livestock for business purposes has a large incentive to treat his animal properly because he makes less money when animals are poorly cared for and might get a poor reputation in the community. A traveling circus has no such constraints. They make the same money whether or not the animals are cared for properly and do not stay in a community long enough for a reputation to circulate.

Also, in a down economy the prices for tickets along with concessions and toys are often considered a luxury expense when families are trying to provide for day-to day essentials. There are far cheaper and just as entertaining things for a family to do for entertainment.

• Were they ever?

I remember being dragged to the circus as a child because my parents thought it was a fun thing to do. I never once enjoyed it. I am now 38 years old and have 3 children of my own. My children are ages 9, 7, and 4. I have never once taken them to the circus nor have any of them ever asked to go.