Are compact florescent light bulbs better than incandescent light bulbs?

• More energy efficient.

Yes, compact florescent light bulbs are better than incandescent light bulbs, because the compact bulbs burn forever. In total, they are far longer lasting than the incandescent ones. Also, the incandescent ones give off too much heat that is not helpful for the lighting process. Compacts are cooler and better for the environment.

• CFL bulbs are better, but just so

I remember several years ago when CFL bulbs became available. They were said to be the technology that would save the planet. The were supposed to be super efficient and highly durable. In my experience they are a bit more durable than incandescent light bulbs, and the quality of the light isn't as good. They are more expensive. I'm not sure about the energy efficiency so I'll have to give the technology the benefit of the doubt.

• Yes They Are

I believe compact florescent light bulbs are better than incandescent light bulbs. Incandescent light bulbs use far more energy and they burn out quickly. Compact florescent light bulbs save money because they use so much less in terms of energy and they also last far longer, a year or more.

• The only thing better is that they are cheaper to run.

I don't think that compact florescent bulbs are anything like as good as incandescent bulbs. Their only real advantage is that they are cheaper to run. Otherwise, they flicker, they give out a much less attractive light, they take a long time to come up to full brightness, and they look ugly, compared to incandescent.