Are debt collectors finally getting their due with recent Federal crackdowns?

• Yes, debt collectors are getting their due.

Ask anybody who has ever had the displeasure of having a debt collection company call them: they are ruthless. These companies prey on the misfortunes of others and will go above ordinary measures to extract payment. The CEO's of these companies are stock exchange criminals. The Federal government should get all these white collar criminals and not let them prey on the public anymore.

• Yes, debt collectors are finally getting their due with recent Federal crackdowns.

Yes, debt collectors are finally getting their due with recent Federal crackdowns. Debt collectors have become rude, abrasive, and borderline abusive over the years, and its about time something is being done about it. Regardless of whether you owe money or not, you are still a human being and deserve to be treated like one.

• Debt collectors need harsher consequences

Debt collectors should not be allowed to constantly harass the people who are in debt. Usually those who are in debt have trouble paying any bills. These collectors should work with the people to try and work out solutions to paying their debt instead of threating and harassing them all the time.

• They are still out of control.

I have had my current cell phone for 7 years, and I still get calls from debt collectors from the person who used to own the phone before me. I do not know this person; I do not know of this person. When I tell them that, they are incredulous that I do not know this person and want to pay his bill. They are out of control.