• It's a money game, as simple as that.

Doctor's are given the ability to demand treatment on behalf of their patients to insurance companies. They can declare medical nessecity when they choose. Their word is indisputable unless contradicted by another doctor. Since we know cost of material (including all pharmaceuticals) only accounts, on average, for 3%, the remaining 97% is service.

You factor in that medical treatment costs are "barely" regulated and has no bearing on real world value, the costs are astronomically inflated. The doctors (or their respective practice) simply have too much incentive to bill unnessecary procedures and simply bill the maximum amount possible. ...And they do on a very regular basis. Also consider at almost all points (assuming the patient has insurance) one never really sees the cost of treatment.

Imagine if your auto repairman worked the same way. They'd be replacing everything in the car at every chance they could. Imagine if car parts averaged 20 dollars and they charged you a thousand dollars for it. Imagine that we trusted our car repairman to do it so explicitly that we never question it. Doctors and the healthcare industry in general, are sacred cows and can never be argued against. They wield incredible power and have almost no repercussions against them if they so choose to act in a less than ethical way.

The cost is enormous. People who do need it, can't get it be because of inherent mistrust from insurers. We pay something to the tune of 2500% of 'real cost' (as compared to othe nations) and this costs us (and the government) tremendously.

But unlike other industries, when doctors are corrupt, people die, get addicted or enabled to drugs, become bankrupt, and in many cases end up with worse symptoms than originally presented. Without a single doubt, I can state our current drug epidemic lies almost solely at the feet of doctors... I can rant about this for hours, but I'm not wrong guys.

• Yes, some doctors are corrupt; but others are not.

It's impossible to answer this question with a yes or no, because each doctor is a unique, individual person. That being said, some do take benefits from drug companies, which many of us would see as corrupt and potentially a form of bribery. Thankfully, the United States has started to require that doctors now release this information, so patients can see what types of kickbacks they have received, and be educated about which doctors they may not trust.

• GP's are human

GP's are morally corrupt. They do not break the law but openly receive gifts from patients. Copious amounts of wine, spirits, chocolates and gifts at Christmas and throughout the year from patients. In return, favourable medical reports and sick notes are issued showing favouritism towards these patients. It should be illegal for GP's to accept any gifts no matter how small. Patients who do not provide such gifts are not in this elevated group of favourite patients.

• Injured Workers Suffer

I have the privilege of being a injured worker at the hands of a corrupt doctor. People I believe don't see how corrupt doctors are until they are involved in the L&I process. The doctors right what ever they want and refer you to friends of theirs.. No justice... Amen

• They benefit from the sick.

We pay them when we are sick. When we are well, we do not need them and their services. So they benefit from us only when we are sick. Of course not all of them are like this, as there always are exceptions, but keeping us sickly just brings them a better income than keeping us healthy. Everyone is driven by income to some extent. Plus I've yet to meet a doctor that would spend more than 5 minutes before telling me "I see nothing wrong, goodbye.", even though I tell them about my pain.

• Doctors are just humans looking down on other humans.

Most doctors and medical practitioners lie and are absolutely full of corruption just like politicians, solicitors, the police and when you try to correct them, they refuse to listen writing you off as a 'criminal' for trying to stand up against them! They act like they are Gods over you!

• Without a doubt

I had my life wrecked by severe adverse drug reaction. After complaints and investigation this is what came to light. GP was in long term closet gay relationship with pharmacist who dispensed drug. Money pharmacist makes is percentage of cost of drug-drug was most expensive in its class and dose given was maximum ie more money for corrupt GPs boyfriend, the village pharmacist. To top it off, I clearly didn't have condition that drug is licensed to treat and did question it, however I was naïve to doctors as most of the public are, not anymore I'm not. Just one dirty great big money making scam. Couldn't even claim damages for this corruption as medical negligence in UK is so biased in GPs favour. Take NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH THEM IF YOU CAN, completely untrustworthy corrupt charalatans. I've more respect for people who deal in illegal drugs than ive got for doctors, cause what they do isn't being done under a faced of helping people. THEY ARE THE LOWEST OF THE LOW WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT-A COMPLETE DANGER TO YOUR LIFE

• Only a very small portion of them are

Why so many cases then? Because people only mention it when they are corrupt! When they are not, (like 99 percent of the time), people just forget about it! Thus, all the things you see is doctors being corrupt, as you take for granted and feel that it is not worth talking about!

• Not All Of Them Are

While some doctors spend too much time taking money from drug company representatives, not all doctors are corrupt. Doctors are usually skilled and caring people who do try and keep the needs of their patients in mind. However, the system as a whole is inherently corrupt and in need of reform.

Posted by: rpr
  • Not at All.

There is no way that someone can seriously think that a doctor is corrupt. First and foremost, they take a pledge to help people. In fact, they take more than a pledge, and take an oath to "do no harm." While there may be some bad apples out there, doctors as a whole are good.

• No, but honestly it would be easy for them to be

No one decides to be a doctor thinking it will be the easiest thing for them in life. They do it with the knowledge that they will be under great scrutiny and stress to provide excellent care while working too many hours a week with the fear of lawsuits hanging over them. How easy would it be to start only doing HMO insurance jobs and denying treatment in the interest of the company that he represents? Even with this possibility, most doctors do not operate this way. They sacrifice time and years off their life to do a service to this world with little thanks.

• They care for their patients.

Doctors became doctors to help people, so they are not corrupt, and are looking out for your best interest. They care for you and your family and want to prescribe the best advice and medicine that their career has allowed them to. They are usually nice and caring individuals, and family doctors.