• Your mind your dreams

Dreams are not external random events, they may be random firings of neurones ( no one knows if the are random) but your mind or brain interprets these into pictures and words - thats you doing that, not anyone else, and that you have somehow "chosen" to convert brain activity into that particular dream is not random. It means something to you, only you can work out whether it has meaning.

• Dreams are good

I believe that dreams are something that has been praying on your mind before you went to sleep. Good dreams can be what you want to happen, and bad dreams could be things you are worried about. I don't believe that dreams are what will happen in the future however, they can outline the worries or ambitions that you have.

• Dreams are something you need to follow.

Your nothing without dreams. You won't get higher or successful. Some people might say no dreams aren't important because there's ghost in it or something. Those are nightmares, nobody likes nightmares. Other people would say i already have all the things i need. Are you sure about that? There's so much other stuff you need. Also somebody would say my dream was about a boy or girl i like. This is what happened to my friend i told her to talk to him and guess what she talked and talked everyday. All your arguments have solutions. And remember dreams are important to life.

• Dreams are important

Dreams are necessary. Without dreams, there will be no ambition to chase. There will be no goal to reach. We will all be nothing without dreams. Not having dreams is like chasing a traceless murder. It is like following an invisible shadow.Most people have dreams. Big ones or small ones.

• Yes dreams are important

Dreams are necessary. Without dreams, there will be no ambition to chase. There will be no goal to reach. We will all be nothing without dreams. Not having dreams is like chasing a traceless murder. It is like following an invisible shadow. It is a dreadful goose chase. Most people have dreams.

• The Impossible Dream

Because dreams are impossible to explain with any kind of scientific certainty ,they are very important because the universe itself is unexplainable with certainty {ask Einstein when you see him he tried a whole life time to do so and only came up with relativity to the concrete world: he didn't even try the dream world}. So thats why dreams are important because they help us to accept and make sense out of a universe that itself is ultimately unexplainable. But the quest for certainty itself is the answer!

• A Part of Who You are

Dreams not only point to your desires, but they are often related everyday parts of who you are and the circumstances you are in or are about to be in. They help one to express themselves and their feelings.

• Dreams are the signs of life

Dreams are the signs of life. They pretty much tell your life story without you even knowing. Dreams explain how you feel, how you see things, and how you process what's thrown to you. It's also a great motivation to move forward. Dreams let your mind relax and just run wild because, hey, you have to admit, your mind needs a break from your daily thinking and working. Your dreams are based on your emotions. :)

• Dreams, both while asleep and during the day, are important in my life.

Without dreams, life is boring. Some dreams are unrealistic, some dreams are obtainable, and some can just get you through a mundane day or a mundane existence. Without dreams, there are no creative outlets to my life. I pay close attention to the dreams that I have while sleeping, as well. They often provide clues to what is going on in your head, or what may happen in the future.

Posted by: PointlessElbert47
  • Dreams are very important to my life. Without dreams we become content and lazy.

I think it's very important to have dreams in life. Dreams are motivating and inspiring. Dreams give you hope and excitement. Without a dream you just become complacent and lazy. You fall into contentment and just go through motions instead of actually living life. Dreams give us the ability to go beyond everyday things and move towards something meaningful and special. Without dreams we are empty.

Posted by: SilentIgnacio
  • I don't believe that dreams are very important to my life at all, because they are merely randomly firing synapses in our brains.

Dreams are merely randomly firing synapses in our brains, which fire off indiscriminately while we sleep, and have little or no ability to be controlled by our conscious mind. I don't believe in interpreting dreams any more than I do daydreams. Therefore, I don't believe that dreams have any intrinsic importance in my life.

Posted by: BrownDustin82
  • Don't know about importance, but certainly not a necessity

I do understand peoples' belief that having a dream is what makes life truly worth living because then one strives to be the best they can be. I grew up hearing the importance of having dreams everyday, from my parents, teachers and everyone around me. I just find that life itself is more important than achieving one's dreams. If someone is comfortable leading a dreamless life, so be it. I haven't had a dream to aspire for, but I find my life no less fun and worth living than anyone else's. I guess we try too hard on stressing the necessity of dreams. Maybe dreams are important, I just don't believe they are essential like everyone makes them out to be.

• Not for everybody, no

I remember maybe one out of every 100 dreams I have, and it's usually either unpleasant or boring nonsense when I do. I don't think an enriching life requires remembering and taking things from the dreams you have, while they may signify something their importance seems to be greatly overstated.

• Imagined if you never dreamed

Half of our dreams we wont even remember them. We also add to our dreams and think to much of them once we awake. And they sometimes give us false hope. Imagine if you never dream? Do you really think your life would be different? Do you think that you would be a completely different person. I don't think so i think it just makes imagine things that have a one in a million chance of happening