Are fairy tales still relevant in the 21st century?

• They are relevant

Fairytales teach kids lessons that would otherwise be very hard lessons to learn and can be a way out of the realisim of every day life otherwise every day would be boring, day in day out boredom and most of all no fun no way of knowing that good always beats evil no matter the situation!

• Yes, they are as relevant as ever

Fairy tales are a part of our heritage, by saying that they are no longer neccasssary would be to say that neither our history, culture or heritage is of any importance whatsoever. They may be a hallmark of a bygone age, but inside those tales of witches, elves and people getting their heads chopped off (no-one said they were the same as children-stories) are the philosophies of misunderstood geniuses. They offer an escape form the chains of reality into the realms of fantasy, whilst keeping the reader anchored in good morales and the undying belief that in the end good will defeat evil. Will you forsake all of this because it was written a 100-1000 years ago? That would be like killing your own grandma because she wasn't born in the 21st century.

• Long ago and far away...

Today's children are growing up in a world filled with instant and constant communication, computer games, bullies and violence. Fairy tales allow children the opportunity to dream of a world beyond their own four walls-to know that goodness still conquers evil. And for adults, fairy tales provide a chance to reflect and remember their own childhood when life was simple.

• Of course just look at religion

Religion clearly shows us fairy tales are ectremely imporant since there are so many religious people believing in a fairy tale, the fairy tale of a talking snake! Clearly the talking snake impacted allot of people showing it's relevance.

Fairy tales serve as a nice story to children or a fun movie to watch so why wouldn't they be relevant.

• Yea yea yea

Lol I yea yea it's not pretty much but it was still just weeks ago so wand I will e Even when it looks so nice it to me is I can't see use tornado anymore warning I would don't really like it because lol to the heck white whole day lol lol yea lol I don't want

• Yea yea yea

• Yes they are

I think fairy tales are still relevant because they can teach valuable lessons of friend ship and team work.It also encourages people to get and going using there imagination and pretending to play a fairy tale.It can also help help kids imagination grow bigger and bigger witch is good. It can be good for getting you active in some way so like you watch a movie and you want to act it with your imagination

• They have been around since before British colonisation!!

I believe that fairy tales are relevant to the 21st century because they have been going on since before british colonisation. Even though they may be called dreamtime stories instead of fairy tales they are still the same thing! In Aboriginal times, Aboriginals would be told dream time stories when they were young, these would cary on for generation after generation and would hold an important meaning to it. We need to continue these traditions so todays generation can here about what was relevant to past generations!!

• Ddddsd dfdff cdfcd

Esdsdde ffdf dsdsddd eefefsdf dadfffd dafewf. Dddv ffcc. Ff ff. R. Ff fg. Gf ffv ff tfvff vfccfvvff. Fgv vfv vgbb. Fg. Vb. Gb. Cv. Cg. Fg. Vtgnnbf. Gb v vfv. Ffv. Fgv vfg. Vvbvccc. Fv g gg f f fvt f f t g t f f r f

• Ddddsd dfdff cdfcd

• They are not.

Fairy tales are not relevant in the 21st century. They do not teach anyone anything about things that are relevant today. They may have been relevant 100 years ago, but today, in the 21st Century, they are not. Today, things that are relevant do not involve fairy tales. However, the morals and meanings of stories may be. For example, Hansel and Gretel. The moral (or meaning) is that you should not talk to people whom you don't know. Now, children are told this all the time by their teachers. However, most teachers do not use Hansel and Gretel to tell them this. If fairy tales were still relevant, don't you think that teachers would use them? Yes, children read fairy tales all the time. However, this does not mean that they are relevant.
    As I am the creator of this topic, I hope that people post onto this topic for my upcoming debate on the 13th of August, 2013.

• Gwhsh hdhsh hehsv

Hdh RR. D. D d r r d e e e e e e e e e. . E e. E e e e w e e e e . E e e. E e e e e e e e . E e. E e e e e .

• They are no way relevant to today.

They are not relevant at all. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Yeah lol

• They are no way relevant to today.