• I could go both ways but ill say yes

You see its hard to explain i could see how people could see that they are giving away too much, because it kind of ruins the movie when you almost show the entire ending of the movie in the trailer. But also i guess they wanna get the info out of the movie. I say they just need to limit of how much info they give out.

• Marvel Comics movies

They are the biggest offenders. I mean they don't really "want" to make trailers that are too revealing, but they end up doing so anyway. I mean Civil War seems like a movie I would not want to see, simply because I already know what is going to happen. It needs a sequel so it will mostly likely be a draw. But that trailer is like the one exception to the lot because it has not told us who has won yet. But many other trailers commit the "crime" of over informing.

• Yes definitely man

I don't know why people watch trailers. Trailers these days tell you the who le sto ry of the movie right of the finale. It is very quite redictulous a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• To much information!!!!!!!!!

W w w w w w w w w w w w w w w h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h y y y y y y y y y y y y yy y y y y y y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Yes, movie trailers give too much of the plot away

Movie trailers definitely provide too much of the story line. There are several movies that I have been able to talk about at parties with people who have seen the movie just based on having seen the movie trailer. The biggest offenders seem to be comedic film trailers which include every punch line from the movie to make it seem like it will be incredibly hilarious, when in actuality, the actual film has little to no more comedic content.

• It is harder to engage in a storyline when you know key moments in advance.

I think that film and television are giving more and more of their content away in the trailers. While entertaining, many trailers make such an effort to attract audiences by showing the best and most exciting parts of the films or shows that the actual product itself loses some of its impact. Seeing many key moments in the trailers before seeing the actual film or show decreases the impact of key scenes or plot twists.

• Yes, companies often put the best moments in the trailer.

Yes, film and television are giving away too much in the trailers. It is not uncommon to go into a movie expecting fast paced action, witty comedy and a complex plot from the trailer and leave without any of those things. I understand that trailers are part of the advertising campaign with a goal to put people in seats, but I also recognize that it caps the overall top end potential of many movies by doing so. Movies should not be spent enduring the lulls in action with the hope that we reach a trailer moment to justify the money spent on the ticket.

• Is it too much?

Honestly, truth to be told, I chose this side just to even the odds, but let me argue at least before you dictate. Through the quick scan of the first four comments on this particular subject, I start to have a generally good idea of what exactly is going on here. I mean, the argument that the trailer is showing too much is completely true, especially on the part one of the opinions mentioned about showing something comedic and when you watch it, it has no quality of that whatsoever. I mean, it kinda ruins the experience HARD when you already know of the plot twists that are coming up, but keep in mind, at least 98% of movies are basically copied right off of books. For those many fans out there that had read those books, they already know what to expect. In fact, most of the excited crowd for a specific movie are simply fans of the book. Take the Percy Jackson movie for example. "The Lightning Thief" is the first movie and book of the series. Me, having read the book myself, was so excited to see the trailer on T.V., only to find that it really, really disappointed me. That's always the case, but no matter what we just can't help but to get excited. If that doesn't sound good enough for you, keep in mind that the trailers had to me made interesting enough. Us fans of the book, you can literally show us just one scene from the book with high enough quality graphics and we would go crazy, but they also have to make it good enough for those people who don't even know about the book, lest anything about Percy Jackson. The movie makers are forced to actually show something, like a plot twist, just so that the viewers can find the teeny tiniest little bit of attention. They don't have a choice, it's do and lose some profit, or lose profit altogether if no one buys it.

• Too Many Trailers? Not So Fast

Film and television are not giving too much away in the trailers. Trailers are meant to peak the interest of future viewers. To do this, film and television makers must edit their work to share some vital moments while not revealing the final outcome. Without presenting the final outcome, they are not giving away too much.