• As a volunteer paid firemen are not paid enough.

Firefighters risk their life every day weather at a fire, at a wreak, or at a medical call, also keep you safe and even save you if needed. They also save your pets your valuables, and other property. My uncle is a fire chief and he gets calls at all hours of the day. All the other firefighters are called the same so i think they should get paid more for what they do.

• I put my life on the line

All firefighters put their life the line everyday facing the worst death of all, burning alive, but we still do it because we are the real heroes. All these business men sit on their ass all day and make millions, i bet they wouldn't last one day in my firehouse.

• As a volunteer. Paid firefighters are underpaid

Some people say we rarely see fires but where im from we see fires every other day. You never know how a fire will go it can be fine one minute then the building collapse there are no safe fires. I would like to see a pay increase in or nations paid firemen and firewomen

• They are under paid

They really should get paid more because they risk there lives. Its not fair for firefighters get paid so little. They risk there lives but get so little pay i would pay them so much more i was the goverment. Pay the firefighters more money people please its no fair

• Fire fighters need a rise

The role of a FF can be mentally and physically challenging due to all the situations they come across, Running into an unstable burning building takes some doing especially when all the possible outcomes are running through your head. The pay is secondary as any FF will tell you but it would be nice not to need a second job to have a decent living. The amount of ongoing training and testing is also never ending. The ones who get near 50k are the ones who don't ride the fire engines and yes maybe don't do much. I have been a FF 20 years and have been exposed to many dangerous situations. I count myself lucky to be here when I think back at what I've been in.

• Of course they are!

£28,000?! You kidding me?? Yet some managers at retail stores are earning more for where some (not all) just sit on their arse all day rather than getting their hands dirty on shop floor. Firefighters put their life on the line everyday that they go to work. The least that could be done is to be given a better salary to show the appreciation of what they do to keep us safe, that one day you may need to save a relative, friend, you, or your child? The salary is absolutely disgusting!

• Oh my god why are firefighters out at risk for so little?

Once firefighters are trained and working 42 hour weeks they can earn up to £28k, with some only earning £21k at this stage!
    They put their life at risk very day at work - charging into burning buildings and saving lives, this job should pay more like £80k than 20k!
    They are underpaid and some of them are unpaid volunteers who still risk their lives, not my job for sure!

• Oh my god why are fire fighters put at risk for so little!

Firefighters can be paid between 21k and 28 k per year,is this enough for running into burning buildings?
    If I was a firefighter I would expect to earn 70k at least for what I have to do!
    Many firefighters are unpaid voluteers- many of them will die at work, are these standards ok? Idiots!

• Yes indeeeed they do

H f y if f g h h h they should be paid 60 k instead the only get 20k. Would you risk your life for a low salery?
    Nbbghb bsnshsn hubs a has bsnshsn she shins shin shams queued. Inns bjsjsjshhsnaa a arises snsjsks sjsmsssnsnjsnsjsmsmskamajaksnsjanajanajjana j j j I

• Don't buy into movies, their job isn't that dangerous.

If anything firefighters are overpaid. A lot of my friends are firefighters they make 50k a year and literally doing borderline nothing. They work 1 day and they're off 2 everyday is a Friday if they don't like the pay get a second job they have the schedule. They even say it's not that dangerous. They're rarely see fires.

Moraza says2015-12-11T21:25:13.633
You firefighters are heroes thanks for all your hard work. THANK YOU, FIREFIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!