• Of course they are!

£28,000?! You kidding me?? Yet some managers at retail stores are earning more for where some (not all) just sit on their arse all day rather than getting their hands dirty on shop floor. Firefighters put their life on the line everyday that they go to work. The least that could be done is to be given a better salary to show the appreciation of what they do to keep us safe, that one day you may need to save a relative, friend, you, or your child? The salary is absolutely disgusting!

• Oh my god why are firefighters out at risk for so little?

Once firefighters are trained and working 42 hour weeks they can earn up to £28k, with some only earning £21k at this stage!
    They put their life at risk very day at work - charging into burning buildings and saving lives, this job should pay more like £80k than 20k!
    They are underpaid and some of them are unpaid volunteers who still risk their lives, not my job for sure!

• Oh my god why are fire fighters put at risk for so little!

Firefighters can be paid between 21k and 28 k per year,is this enough for running into burning buildings?
    If I was a firefighter I would expect to earn 70k at least for what I have to do!
    Many firefighters are unpaid voluteers- many of them will die at work, are these standards ok? Idiots!

• Yes indeeeed they do

H f y if f g h h h they should be paid 60 k instead the only get 20k. Would you risk your life for a low salery?
    Nbbghb bsnshsn hubs a has bsnshsn she shins shin shams queued. Inns bjsjsjshhsnaa a arises snsjsks sjsmsssnsnjsnsjsmsmskamajaksnsjanajanajjana j j j I

• Yes indeeeed they do

• Yes you firefighters are under paid

My step dad is a firefighter and he gets very little money. Firefighters need to have better pay. My step dad is a firefighter in Cedar Mountain Fire Protection District. He is a great man, and risks his life to save others! GO FIREFIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please continue to support these under paid men and women!!!!!!

• Yes they are underpaid.

Firefighters, like police officers, put their life on the line for their work. This cannot be said for most of the jobs in the nation. Their job is to run into situations that everyone else is told to run away from. They stop fires from spreading. Nowadays, they are also qualified EMTs. Firefighters are real world heroes, anybody who says otherwise should give it a shot.

• Yes I think so.

I am a paid firefighter/paramedic/driver engineer and I have a second job as a fire inspector in a different city. I have two degrees. And I have all sorts of specialized training. To the person who commented earlier. You said the job requires little education after high school and that is not true. Fire academy and emt school take 1 year to complete. Fire inspector school takes half a year to complete. Paramedic school takes a year to complete. And every person at least has an associates degree which takes two years to complete. The people who want to promote have batchelors and masters degrees. Plus we are always going to specialized classes to better ourselves and maintain our certifications because everyone has 37398473839 different certs to maintain. Plus the state makes us pay to maintain our certs. We are never home to see our families and don't get to sleep in the same bed as our spouses every night. Most guys can't even afford to live in the city we work for because it is too expensive. We are hard workers and we always go above and beyond. We are starting to be under appreciated because everyone expects us to do more and more. Morale is at an all time low in many fire departments. We used to get great benefits and that made up for the low pay. But now the councils are slowly taking the benefits away and not giving raises. Sometimes it's just good to hear that we are appreciated for what we do.

• Yes I think so.

• Don't buy into movies, their job isn't that dangerous.

If anything firefighters are overpaid. A lot of my friends are firefighters they make 50k a year and literally doing borderline nothing. They work 1 day and they're off 2 everyday is a Friday if they don't like the pay get a second job they have the schedule. They even say it's not that dangerous. They're rarely see fires.

Moraza says2015-12-11T21:25:13.633
You firefighters are heroes thanks for all your hard work. THANK YOU, FIREFIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!