• Yes, Food stamps are being misused.

Food stamps should be used as a supplement to make sure your family eats healthy foods. People buy cakes, candy, soda and a lot of crap with their EBT card. Food stamps should be used to buy fruits and vegetables. Also, dairy products and meat products, as well as wheat bread and honey. They should not be the sole provider for food. Use them wisely. One other thing, off topic, stop using them for trades!

• From my experiences yes

I was approached a year ago by a guy who wanted to buy my groceries with his food stamps if I paid him half the value. He said he wanted to get something to drink for the next day (perhaps he thought he could tell me this since I am in my 20s, and was in yard work clothing. I don't know). Obviously, I said this made me uncomfortable, and declined, but what stuck is that he said they gave him so much there is no way he could eat that much. Further, I co-worker has told me that her daughter is on food stamps and she can hardly spend it all. It is a waste, it needs to be a safety net, not a safety plush bed.

• Yes, Food stamps are being misused.

• No more freeloading

People need to work for food stamps by volunteering for at least 20 hours a week then you will see many drop off the rolls. We have to work for our food. This nation is getting to be a nation of handouts not a hand up. Help people not support them

• Food Stamp Crisis

I don't qualify for food stamps because my taxable income is above the limit. I only have 60.00 a month to put towards food and toiletries etc, while 300.00 a month is being deducted for taxes. When people don't use food stamps for healthy food, it affects everyone. Not only does it impact nutrition, but it also impacts cost of governmental healthcare assistance. I really hope the government does something to regulate taxes!

• Food stamp misuser

Some Americans use food stamps because they are struggling with work income or don't have a job but others just misuse it because they are simply lazy. Its a bit unfair how the government is making the majority of Americans pay more taxes to reek the benefit of the food stamp users more advantage, giving them access to buying whatever foods that satisfy them.

• Hello nig gg

U got kik
    ???? ? ? ? ? / / // / // / // // /? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ?? ? ?? Or nah h h hhhh hh h h h h hh hhhh hh hhh hhh hh hh hhh
    PLS?

• It is kay

Because i said so. And because I said so, it must be true. Because Im a conservetive, and I only need my opoin to back up my facts blah blah blah vlaf[oej groijg orejger gier jgergier i ir ierjgierijg ie yay trump jgpfjgkokjfk just kidding dsknkl rjg[jg [rgjfkj fgfk[jg jfjdfjgidjgiodjfgipenis

• Damn right they are

Blacks who have nice cars like Cadillacs brand-new Camaro's mustangs and like $60,000 trucks That is be cause of damn food stamps dumb asses h hr hdge. Fudge f f f f f f f f f f t f f. F ft. F f f f f f f f

• T t t

Rkrjjgpgituruuututuuututututuututututututututututututututuutututuutututuutututuutututututuututuututututuutuuuutututuutututu ru u u u u u u u u uu u u uu u uu u u u uu u u u u u u uu u u u u u u uu u u u uu u u u uu u u u u uu u u u u u

• Food stamps are not being misused

There is a fundamental flaw with this reasoning. Anyone who has ever used or needed food stamps will reply "no" to this question through bias, and anyone who has never needed food stamps cannot accurately claim that they know whether or not they are misused, it is an assumption. Therefore, as long as food stamps serve their purpose (which is to help provide food for those who otherwise couldn't afford it) it accomplishes its task and is not being "misused".

• Not by most people

The few people that abuse them are far less and make it harder for the people that need them. People don't think about it the income is so low that people need help or other reasons. I wish it were less looked down on because people who actually need them are embarrassed to have to have help in times of need.

• Cost per person

80 Billion dollars was spent in 2012 on Food Stamps. 47 million people took part in that. That's $1,700 per person for the year, or $141 per month for food, or $35 a week. 45% of the people using food stamps are children under 18, also known as people we don't want working. Yeah kids may not have the best judgement on their spending but would you rather have them starve? There is always going to be abuse it's a fact of life but for their purpose they give people a way to at least survive each month

• Yes, food stamps are being misused.

I think that ETP cards are being misused because most people tend to use it for shopping, deli stores, and unhealthy and unnecessary things. The thing is that it's not fair for people to use up peoples money for their own benefit and advantage, people have to pay taxes and give half percent of their pay check to the people who use the food stamps and that's just not fair. It's cruel because it's like using up someone's money for your own good and to make you feel satisfied. People should prove that they are having trouble with money and paying the bills first then receive the Benefit card. If not, then there is no reason for them to get one if they can pay for their family, expenses, food, and pay their bills and support their family.

• Elderly & disabled need food stamps

I am 80 years of age and disabled. My "food stamps" were drastically cut from $110 to $16 per month, while the Government spends billions on rockets to Mars, and one of the medical transport drivers that takes me to Drs. Appointments receives $175 per month and is EMPLOYED.
    Help!

• Food stamps are not being misused

First , why do yall people care about how people are using (THEIR) food stamps. That yall problem now yall always are worry about something that help black people or family that are less fortunate then you all . Some people like candy & junk food that's their business. && FYI I DON'T EVEN RECEIVE FOOD STAMPS BUT IM SPEAKING UP FOR THE PEOPLE ‼️

• Because, compared to corporate welfare, this is a fly on the windshield

Seriously, compared to the amount of taxpayer money that goes to corporate welfare, this is nothing. No one should be complaining that they are working so that lazy people can get free stuff. That's not it at all, and only someone with very little education or critical thinking skills could make that claim. I would much rather my tax money go toward the occasional perceived "misuse" of these benefits before I let a single child starve.

• No, most people do not misuse foodstamps.

No, food stamps are used appropriately by most people. Food, no matter where you live, is becoming increasingly high. Those who are awarded food stamps are in need of them. A lot have children, and really need the assistance. As with anything, not everyone will do what they should. But because of all the food drives that give to the needy, I will assume people still need food assistance.

• No, not by most.

Yes, there are those who will find a way to abuse anything. But the majority of folks who use food stamps use them for the purpose that was intended. There are those who don't make the best food choices, but would eat the same way regardless of how they purchase it. I know a lady with 2 young children who worked very hard, but was forced to temporarily rely on food stamps. For 3 months she had zero income and couldn't even use her stamps to buy laundry detergent or toothpaste. She used her stamps for buying only healthy food for her children. They live in America, but might have starved without food stamps. They would also have been homeless except for the charity of other family yet received no other assistance. They also did not have leftover money to barter. Fresh foods usually cost more than mac-n-cheese, etc so they barely had enough to make it through the month.