Are game-content ratings effective in today's age?

Asked by: xavier.ng
  • None what so ever

Most of the time parents have to buy the kid the games that they ask for and the rating system is pretty much thrown out the window. I remember my uncle who plays the call of duty and battlefield games alot say when he plays online he hears little kids all the time like under the age of 12 and all playing these games. Also it seems like the parents of today's world that they just don't care what their kids play or watch. My cousins 6 year old step son is allowed to play mortal kombat x and other M rated games with blood and stuff.

So sorry the "game-content rating" system of today's age is useless as crap. As long as parents are willing to buy the game for their underage kid (im talking about like buying GTA 5 for a 9 year old and letting them go to town on the game) and no matter how much the M label warning says about blood, violence, swearing and other stuff you find on a M rated label, then the game rating system is useless as the white color crayon

• Of course not.

Parents buy Call of Duty for their children to shut them up. It is an easy way for them to occupy their children so they can have free time.
    I really don't have anything else to say.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -