• Video games lead to Violence

People who play violent video games are not only dehumanized, they are becoming worse human beings than they were before. Studies by Gentile & Anderson for the Congressional Public Health Summit in 2000 found that violent gaming led to more aggressive behavior, more confrontation in work or school environments, and a decline in school achievement among youth. The study also found that playing violent video games led to more aggressive thought processes later in life. Violent gaming teaches human beings that people are just images on a screen and not actual, feeling, thinking, living beings.

• Yes, games reward inhumane behavior, and that must have an effect

I've played some games where you spend all your time ambushing and murdering other characters in the game. I remember one game urging me to "go for the head shot" and explode the enemy's head in a red cloud of blood with a single shot. I was rewarded with maximum points for that. I played that game for just a few minutes. It's impossible to believe that a young person who played that game for hours at a time, day after day, wouldn't come away dehumanized by the experience.

• Yes, in some ways gamers are dehumanized.

To dehumanize is to remove positive human qualities from someone. I think it's possible to say that this happens when one is playing a game, especially if it's violence-based. People also often feel like they are the actual characters within the games, so they lose a bit of themselves that way, too. Thankfully, though, this feeling can wear off in the average person if they're not addicted to a game.

• Gamers don't experience life enough.

Gamers are dehumanized by video games because they do not get out enough to experience what people are supposed to in every day life. They focus on perfecting a score or their role in a game that is somewhat realistic in looks, but not actually real. It dehumanizes them mentally and physically because they miss out on actual life by being in front of a screen so much.

• Games are simulations of Unreal-Realities

If I made sport of hunting and killing slaves, or criminals, or animals, it would be immoral and would harden me toward the ultimate moment when in my power and superiority, I had the ability and power to remove the life of the prey. While it's all a simulation, the feelings, imagination, and biophysical experience is real. The choices you make in the game are real. Why are the most addictive games main or hero character not purely good, but sometimes good, often bad? Zombies are another example of a life less valued than our own and popular to destroy. In the end when your honest with yourself, these games encourage you to be prepared to kill someone or something else.

• Dehumanizing? Blame the parents not the game.

A similar situation to this would be like blaming the sport your playing because your not good at it. The video game itself is not at fault. It is the player and the player's will. The player should know better and be taught by their parents when to take a break. Parents need to monitor a child's gaming to make sure they stay up on their studies and make that their first priority. It's not the game's fault if your kid can't figure out that homework is more important than Call of Duty.

• Video games do not dehumanize people

Games do not dehumanize people. I personally play violent games and am very smart and am really nice, i have never been in any fights with parents of anybody at any school and try as hard as i can to not hurt any ones feelings at all. Video games do not dehumanize if the child is raised appropriately so that they know it is just a game and that any thing done in a game should never be done outside of the game. Overall though there should be an age limit on games so that say 9 year old don't play grand theft auto, and i have seen that.

• Games do not dehumanized people

No, I do not believe that gamers are dehumanized by video games. Games are just that games. If a child is raised appropriately, then they will understand that games do not dictate life. Games should not raise a child and it should not influence an adult because an adult should know better and parents should make their children understand.