• Poorly written poll.

They have been shown to be just as good as straight parents (as I would argue). Although, some studies have shown a slight advantage for gay parents. Still, I say both are equal.

They have been shown to be just as good as straight parents (as I would argue). Although, some studies have shown a slight advantage for gay parents. Still, I say both are equal

• The statistics don't support it

More and more, larger and larger, good studies are concluding that kids from same couples do considerably worse. They repeatedly demonstrate that these kids have greater delinquency, higher crime rates, higher drop out rates, more depression, more drug and alcohol abuse, even more medical problems, in general-----when compared to kids from heterosexual couples. Even though Hollywood and the media like to glamorize and showcase kids from same sex couple unions; alas, it is not such a good deal for the child.

• Gay parents are not better than straight parents.

Parenthood can not be judged by the choice of gender parents go for, but rather by who the parent is a as an individual. There are no proofs that support the idea that gays have more parenting skills or they are better at making reasonable, responsible, and considerate choices regarding heir children, than straights.

• No, gay parents are not better.

First what is your definition of "better"? Furthermore, if it was better and resulted in superior children we could question why nature arranged that a couple needs to be straight to reproduce; but I see no reason to state that gay parents are worse than straight parents. They are equal.

• All parents can be good parents.

Parents are good or bad based on how well they take care of and interact with their children. The effectiveness of their parenting doesn't rely upon their sexual orientation. I have known good and bad parents of different orientations. Some gay parents might be excellent and some may be neglectful, just as you would see in the heterosexual world.

• What's the difference?

Anyone can be a good or a bad parent, regardless of their sexuality. You might find a same-sex couple that are in fact better parents than a straight couple. You might find a straight couple that are better parents than a same-sex couple. Everyone is different, and you can't base how good a parent somebody is on their sexuality.

• There's not enough evidence.

I'm not criticizing anyone or anything... Except for these statistics. I have some friends who's parents are gay... Both their mom and dad. But that doesn't make them any better than my parents. My parents don't abuse me, they help me when I'm in trouble, and they only take away privileges as a punishment. How does that make gays any better (again, not criticizing). I also know some people who's parents are gay, that abuse them a lot. That further supports my cause.