• Yes, I was

I was born gay. I was never straight and I never will be because your sexuality can't change. Therefore, I can't have been born straight because that would have meant that my sexuality changed, but it hasn't, because I have never been attracted to the opposite gender. There's been evidence showing that your genes affect your sexuality, and your genes don't change which means that your sexuality doesn't change. Yet again, this means that I was born gay because my sexuality didn't change. Also, I can't change my sexuality now, so how was it meant to change when I was younger if I wasn't born gay? People are born gay. Trust me, I'd know.

• The biggest influence of sexual orientation comes from within

While I admit that the environment a person lives in has some effect on how they express their sexuality, the influence that has in comparison to what our genetics determine is very minuscule. Society and media is plenty capable of persuading others to think one way, but the innate attraction is still persistent and cannot truly be changed. I find it very sick how some still advocate programs in which they try to make homosexuals "straight", for one would figure that at this point in time we'd all be aware of the fact that sexual attraction is a naturally occurring phenomenon in our DNA.

Of all of humanity's mistakes, ignorance is the ultimate fault.

• Does it really matter?

Yes! Yes gay people are born gay. This question is related mostly to religious people who assume that gay can be changed and "cured". Just go on YouTube and there are hundreds of videos that give actual scientific evidence, you can also google it. Maybe the science isn't set in stone, but it's being viciously researched.

You basically have to go out of your way in order to not even look up and read what science has to say about this matter. This questions is always so irritating because no matter what science or religion says this all boils down to "Is it any of your business"

Who someone is attracted to and who they feel comfortable with has no effect on you at all. It shouldn't matter to you.

• Mutual - Why does it even matter?

Does it really matter if they are born gay or not gay? Their gay and that's all there is to the story.
    I'm straight, was I born straight? I don't know but does it really matter and is it anyone else's business? No.
    People should just keep their noses out of other peoples business.

• Yes people are born gay

People are born gay, it's just hardwired into their brain from birth. If you think you can just choose whether or not you're gay, then when did you decide to become straight (assuming you're straight, which you probably are)? Why did you become straight, why don't you want to be gay? But, I will say there are some people that have traumatic experience or something later in life which turned them gay. Other than that everyone else is born gay.

• Sexual preference is just that. It is no different than food taste.

Granted... Some people will never like mustard. However in many cases if someone continues to try something they can develop a taste for it. Beer is a good example of this. No one factor actually contributes to someone being gay or straight. I don't believe it is necessarily a choice, but more of an innate preference based on a myriad of factors; a preference that could be, in the majority of cases, easily manipualted.

• Events and people impact them

I believe that gay people are influenced or impacted by the events or people that they meet and do. They are not born gay they are formed into it. A straight person could meet someone influential or have an experience happen that could change their views on how they live and who they like.

• Mutual - Why does it even matter?

• No they are not born gay.

They might be confused at first and they will start to do tests to check if they're gay or not, if they find boys more attractive than girls then they might know they are gay. So they are not born gay, they can start to be gay anytime they want.

• No they are not born gay.