• Gays are already treated equally in our society.

For the most part, gays are treated fairly and equally. In fact, the media often supports the gay agenda. It is not politically correct to speak against gays, and they often get preferential treatment when applying for colleges or jobs. Gays are not really discriminated against, either. They are treated well today.

• Gays Are Not Yet Treated Equally

Though the gay movement has changes many people's opinion, I feel that we have a long way to go before we can consider that they are treated equally. Changes of opinion takes time and in this case it may take longer than normal. Acceptance of the majority will have to come first.

• Are Gays Equal in our Society?

My feelings are that gays are not yet treated equally in our society. Though their equality has come a long way, they still have far to go. As with most issues such as this that are unfamiliar or understanding to many, it normally would take years to gain equality. Most likely it will happen however, many years are still in store before we will see the difference it will make.

• Yes.

The fact that Gays have dragged this bull**** out this long, is a clear sign of their unwillingness to cooperate. Gays have no argument for marriage as I will prove here.

For one, the State cannot interfere in something unless it has a secular interest.
    From the perspective of homosexuals, marriage literally is about a romantic relationship and love, I provide an article to validate this: http://www.freedomtomarry.org... .
    Now in this article, they claim gays can establish a family. This is entirely false. Biologically, a man and a man cannot have a child. A woman and a woman cannot have a child, regardless of artificial insemination, it is requiring a man. No man, no woman, no child.

Now, from what I can discern, the State does not care about a "romantic relationship founded on love". What benefit is there for the state in that? You cannot ad-hoc another individuals child and claim this is your production of a family, as you did not create said child, this is a fact; if you did not create the child, the family is a matter of opinion to you, but not fact in reality. The State never has an interest in friendships. In roommates. And they can have the same "romantic relationship on love", but the State doesn't grant special status to friendships, there is nothing of value to the State. What IS of value, is the creation of a child. By definition of homosexuality, children are not a possibility to create by homosexuals. Marriage was never a legal matter, it was instituted by religion and defined by religion as a union between one man and one woman, under God for the purpose of reproduction. Ironically, DOMA would be legal since it only acknowledges this, true it would need revision for benefits, yet government chooses what it can acknowledge, but regardless.

There is no gay gene, science has not provided it, therefore it is not there currently for us to proclaim its existence. It is not a matter of discrimination for one to have reasonable doubt on the validity of the claim that one can be born homosexual, as it has not been proven. Nor is it discrimination to disagree with a lifestyle, regardless of why, that is covered by our First Amendment and Freedom Of Religion, you cannot force someone to approve of you.

The State has an interest in reserving marriage for heterosexuals, because only heterosexuals may create children, and to be perfectly honest, adoption costs the government, a straight couple caring for the child they created does not. Children are the States' interest as they will be paying taxes, contributing labor, reproducing as well, they are the next creators and leaders in society. Since gays cannot create them, the State has no interest in Gay Marriage.

In order for Gays to claim discrimination because of heterosexuals having marriage, they must prove it was allowed to them by creation. It was not, it was created by religion for straights. Nor is there ANY right to marriage for ANYONE in the Constitution of The United States of America, because it is not a right, it is a religious privilege. The argument many Gays use is that the 14th Amendment ensures equal treatment. Except (1.), Gays are not a suspect class currently under said Amendment, their argument is they should be. The United States Supreme Court has not granted them suspect class, and the House of Representatives presents a valid argument: with the amount of political power gays have garnished in the past decade alone, they have proven themselves out of the jurisdiction of judicial protection, not only that, there are already anti-discrimination laws in place against LGBT individuals. http://washburnlaw.edu... (2.), Nowhere in the Constitution is anyone entitled to marriage. I cannot provide a link to something that does not exist. (3.), Homosexuals have proven enough is never enough. There are cases after cases of heterosexuals being sued and prosecuted for moral objection, this is tyrannical and even criminal on the part of homosexuals: you cannot rob an individual of Free Will, especially on their own properties and violate their Freedom of Religion. http://www.wnd.com... . Having said this, they cannot prove discrimination or suspect class.

Another argument homosexuals use is that infertile men or women should not be allowed to marry. This is false, because it is not the effect itself, it is showing the parameters for survival of the species, a necessity predating government and politics. You cannot ever compare a homosexual union to a heterosexual union simply because they are two different identities, one can create the States' interest; children; and one cannot. This is blatantly obvious. Why should the State grant a status that would then become worthless? The law of Supply and Demand dictates that when something is rare, it is valuable, and when something is of abundance, it drops in value and eventually reaches no value. That is the effect of Gay Marriage, it has well beyond the potential of actually removing the interest of the propagation of the species and effectively bleeds marriage into oblivion.

Under Lemon V Kurtzman, http://en.wikipedia.org... , The Court's decision in this case established the "Lemon test", which details the requirements for legislation concerning religion. It consists of three prongs:

The government's action must have a secular legislative purpose;
    The government's action must not have the primary effect of either advancing or inhibiting religion;
    The government's action must not result in an "excessive government entanglement" with religion.
    If any of these 3 prongs are violated, the government's action is deemed unconstitutional under the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Adding a definition to marriage, which is what including homosexuals is, is NOT a secular purpose in the slightest. How is adding a definition to a religious institution a legal matter?
    The idea of adding a definition to marriage has ALREADY unduly entangled everyone in the nation, Church and State.
    And incorporating a definition by way of government, into a religious institution is a horrific infringement upon the Church's rights and Freedom of Religion.

This is about gays being greedy and not quitting while ahead. They MAKE us despise them for their actions of attempting to steal our marriage, and labeling anyone who doesn't agree a "bigot".

• Yes.

I never understand when I hear the statement that gays "just want the same rights that everyone else has." Gays have equal rights, they can marry a person of the opposite sex. However, I don't feel that they are treated fairly, obviously the rights that we have don't satisfy their life choices.

• In today's society

The current day allows all people in the gay community to marry who they want and what ever sex they want. The unfortunate thing is that now people are saying they are the different sex witch leads to more arguments, and maybe you are gay but no one person knows how the other sex thinks its more a physiological disease than anything, but gay people definitely have all the same rights as every other person and now all they want is to be treated special or better than the heterosexual people.

• Yes they are

They are so equal they all have the same opportunites and chances that straights do. If you cant handle criticism then leave the country and dont come back. Minorities are always bitching about something. If you are a gay person showing your gayness then you need to not live anymore. Fuck faggots

• They should date or be in love with who ever they want.

Who ever dose not think gays are allowed to be treated right go to fucking hell. Gays and lesbians, straits are all the same we were all born the same and and have all same parts.God created us all the same god love us all and if u love god and don't believe in gays or lesbians then you are a fucking sinner. Go suck it /\ suck it B==>

• Although gay marriage has been legalized in all 50 continguous states....

Although gay marriage is legal in all 50 continguous states, I feel like they still are not treated with the same dignity and respect as heterosexual people are. I am a gay 15 year old guy. At my school, there isn't anything to do with gays. I live in the southern state of Mississippis in the United States, and homosexuality is not widely supported in the South. At my High School, I feel like there is so much negative tension in the entire gay community, that the paople at my school are afraid to come out. I feel like I am the only "out" gay person at my school.

• They are not

Most people do not accept gays as the same. More than nothing children are more acceptance but kids don't come out as gay because more often than not they don't realize their sexuality until they are adults.Gays can get married but in society they are not accepted with the fairness they should.

• No they are not treated fairly and equally

Gays have not been treated fairly. Even though they have laws protecting them, they still haven't gotten married and that's not protecting them. If they really love someone of the same sex, then let them marry them and be happy. And if they want children there's one word:adopt. If you don't let them marry, how are they gonna be happy? I don't think they will be happy.

• No way are gay people treated EQUALLY

Until the day that gay people do not have to concerned about issues that the straight community never has ever encountered, we are not equal. Straight people do not have to worry about coming out to their parents and the complications that brings, like the potential of your family rejecting you. Also straight people never have to worry about not getting a job or getting fired based on your sexuality. In the states, their are some states that give the rights of employers to fire an employee if they are gay. Furthermore, straight people do not have to worry as much as travelling to other countries, for example in many African nations it is illegal to be gay. And this is just the tip of the ice berg.

• No way are gay people treated EQUALLY

• They will not be treated equal until they can get married

Everyone wants love and the law prevents homosexuals from getting happiness, so no they are not treated equal, yes they are being less bullied and discriminated against (openly) however they still cannot do as they please. They still have people controlling and leaving their lives simply because of sexual preferences.

• Are they really equal?

They have been put through so much criticizm that it's not even funny. Just because they have feelings toward the same sex doesn't mak ethem any less of a human being from me because i'm straight. In the end, God has the final say & does all of the judging. Who are we to judge in the first place? They worry about them & we should worry about us, as well.

• Gays are not treated equally in our society.

Gays are treated with massive disrespect and are often treated as second-rate citizens. In Australia, some states still don't allow same-gender adoption and they also don't support same-sex marriage. Many religions also influence people's opinions of people in society today and seeing as Christianity and Catholicism frown upon homo-sexuals, many people in today's society do as well. This is because they are highly influenced by religion, but should not be an excuse to hate gays.

• Gays Aren't Treated Equally

At my school, gays get hazed, beat up, cursed at, talked about behind their backs, and have nasty letters/notes written to them. I often wonder if people ever think that these things are hurtful. Ok, admit it, if you saw two guys kiss or two girls kiss, you'd think its kinda gross, but you wouldn't be open to admitting it. But, think about the other side. Maybe a homosexual will see two straight people kissing and say its just as gross. But come on, if your first crush is like your best friend or something, be straight up. Gay is normal. Gay is fine! I give props to anyone who is open to saying they are gay or stand up for LGBT people. Be proud.