• Positions were created for a specific reason

Women are nurturers and men are protectors. If males and females move from the roles that God has placed them in then we will end up with a society that is chaotic. There is a reason why males are the head of the family and women are the supporters of the males. Imagine what would happen when we walk if both legs decided to go forward at the same time? Clearly there would be no movement.

• Gender roles can never be abolished as long as women and men are biologically different.

Men are biologically stronger, which makes then feel like protecters. Women are the child-bearers, so they will forever have the care-giving maternal instinct. In other species, the men must prove themselves to be worthy of the women, which is why male peacocks are given brighter feathers: to impress the ladies. If you want to argue that our heightened intelligence separates us from other species, we can still look at the situations of today. Most women still want to be cared for by men and most men still want to care for women. There are exceptions, of course, as there is to everything. Society doesn't have to recommend a boy becomes a nurse; if he wants to become one, however, no one is stopping him.

• Gender roles establish our identity

Gender roles are very important to society. Each and every person born on this earth is born with a specific purpose. Gender roles as males and females are very important as each has a responsibility of its own . Both male and females have some responsibility that specifically only male can do and same is true with females. Without gender roles there will be chaos all around not knowing what to do and what is our responsibility.

• Yes, gender roles are necessary for society to function healthily.

A man need to realize what his role is in making his spouse "bloom", same with the woman. Roles as in cooking, cleaning, and staying at home, have been directed towards women but not exactly in all cases is this true. Men are capable of cooking and cleaning, as are women for doing car matinence and working, but when it comes to emotional roles things are pushed into place. The woman is a flower that should be tended by her spouse and taken care of, and the woman should tend to her spouse also. When roles like this are confused and abused, bad things can take place such as domestic abuse, and the relashionship may fail. In order to keep a society flourishing, these roles need to be realized and practiced by men and women.

• Yes gender roles are important to society.

Yes I think that gender roles are important to society because sometimes women cant do all the things men can. Like, Women may not be able to be strong enough to do some kinds of jobs. Men are built to do those things so we have our own roles and they have their own roles, like doing the things women cant do. Sometimes its better for women to have their own roles that are different then the men's roles.

• Gender roles are necessary for expectations

Gender Roles help us understand what to expect in a mate. By having loosely defined gender roles, we can define ourselves as traditional or unconventional. By having a standard to base ourselves, we are able to better relate to one another. I can say that I am a traditional female at home, but in the workplace, take a much more dominating/masculine role.

• It's in our nature.

Both women and men are other capable of achieving most tasks except of course, child birth. However..The majority of women were born with the nature of being nurturing, caring and domestically oriented. Men on the other hand, are more focused on protecting and providing. This of course doesn't mean that the roles shouldn't be switched, or women should stay at home all day. It just explains why this had been the role structure for a long period of time. It's what feels natural, and it's how we were made to be, women were made to care for children give birth etc...And men were build strong to provide for the family. I'm grateful that in America women can choose to be what ever you want to be and still be feminine. Gender roles may exist and are natural but that doesn't mean you can't also have a job an succeed as a person, not just as a woman.

• Gender roles are apart of human life

Gender roles have been established for a very long period of time. Gender roles are even laid out in the Bible. It is essential that we have these roles because men and women are different plain and simple. Women can do a number of things well that men couldn't at all. Look at child birth, that's a gender role that I don't think is going to change anytime soon. Women are tough enough to be able to give birth to a child. A man could never even fathom that Idea. There are roles men fit that women couldn't do as well as men either. Men are built to do more manual labor as opposed to women. These are just some of the definitive things about men and women that give me the idea that gender roles are very important to humanity and to our society.

• Helpful and accounted for

I think gender roles are important because they show us our personalities. They teach us lessons and without them, we would be so confused and frazzled that we would look like a bunch of chickens with our heads cut off. We wouldn't know where our place is, or the people we are looking for to spend our lives with; and there would also be no direction as to where we all need to go and what we need to do.

• Honestly its yes and no

Personally, I think traditional gender roles are very, very important because they give each person a specific purpose in the household or society at times. But these traditions vary widely from culture to culture. Arabian women, for example, do not even have the option to leave the house without a man's permission. American women are usually dominant nowadays socially, yet on the bottom politically. Of course, nature indeed intended for women to give birth and to care for their children, and men to defend and provide for their families but at times i believe they need to share those duties.

• More cons than pros to gender roles

In gender roles they make women seem weak and only good for house work and looking pretty. When really we work hard and don't always look our best. They categorize men as controlling lazy and mean. Men are very supportive and hard working in reality. Now days a woman can do any job a man can and a man can do any job a woman can do. I think some roles are important but gender roles are not because they make everyone look bad when it would be easier to just share the roles and cooperate.

• Roles Aren't Important to Me.

I was researching the web and I found this fact the Dorothy B., "By 2050, the woman in society will be higher 47% in work field then in 1950 which was in 34%." So, basically that is saying more women are going to be in the work field then there was in the 1950. I was reading a book called, "The House on Mango Street" and the gender roles were engage where the men had the power and the women were the cleaners and the people that do everything in the household. They can't the education they want to get but the men are the only ones that can. But, we have overcome that where the woman can get the education they want and get high paying jobs when the men in that book were the only person to could have the high paying jobs. Roles are important if you are in team like in math. Math, your teacher will pair teams up with different students will assign team work and each person picks their role on the team. To me, roles are important in different classes in school not society. We need to share the roles in society not give separate roles to different genders. So, that is my case about gender roles.

• Gender Doesn't Madder

Gender roles in society can limit people. In other societies, women are unable to follow their dreams because of gender roles. They need to stay home, cooking and cleaning, and can't receive an education. Men are the ones who are supposed to work and get an education to support the family. Our society is much better at recognizing women and men as being equal. Women don't need to marry and take care of a house, and men don't need to support women. Men and women are able to go to college and get an education. People are not judged by their gender. They can be known for who they are.

• Gender is Not important

According to Rainbow.Org 68.7% of today's families are non-traditional, because of this, I think it is more difficult to have gender rolls in today's society. In the home today moms are dads and in some homes dads are moms. It is also becoming more accepted to have two moms and in others two dads. In regards to work, so many jobs are on the Internet today you are unaware of the gender of the person you are working with. So I don't think gender is that important in our society today.

• Gender roles are outdated and are no longer needed.

I believe gender roles are not important to society as once thought . Just because your gender, doesn't mean that you should have someone else making you decisions for you, without your say. Imagine if everyday you parents told you what to where, who to be friends with, and even who to marry. Just because your a women, your expected to stay home and sacrifice in the long run what is your health and happiness. While since men are the " money makers" they are suppose to get the royal treatment. I know I would not want to do that just to get beat in return. How many girls do you know that would hate staying at home cooking, cleaning and sewing? How many guys do you know that like cooking or sewing? It's not equal. It's like gender segregation. It's a old ideal that I believe is flat out wrong.

• Freedom of choice

Today, our roles in society are more lenient than that of the past. Women are defined by who THEY are, not by who they are suppose to be. Roles are determined by hard work and perseverance. We can accomplish what ever we want to if we set our minds to it. Today, women are capable of doing jobs that only men were thought to be able to do. Jobs that include science exploration, engineering, and business. Women are even joining the army! In a world where the man has always been superior, women are speaking out. They are saying, "No." For once, women are supporting themselves and reaching their dreams. Today, everyone can have the best of both roles and still be themselves.

• Equal Roles in Society

I think that gender roles are not needed in this day and age. My belief is that everyone has their role and society and should not and cannot be blocked by gender, this goes for bother sexes. Think about a single parents, they have to take on both kinds of "gender roles". The old fashioned mother stays home and takes care of house and children as well as the macho man bringing home the bacon. Gender roles also limit the dreams of women and men alike, such as men who want to be dancers, women who want to be successful in the world of business, and homosexuals. I believe that in this world of sprouting equality for all, gender roles should absolutely be encompassed. No one should be tethered down to the rope of tradition, it is the time to embrace equality with open arms.

• It doesn't matter who does what

I do not think that it matters weather a women or a man is in charge. We are talking about jobs, we are not talking about wrestling. Women can do just as good of job when there is an objective. So could men, I am not siding with who is better, I am just saying that women shouldn't be treated any different. Yes, a man is suppose to go out and take care of the family, but what happens if you have a single mom. I bet she does a pretty great job of taking care of you. You don't have a choice who takes care of you and you will never know any different.

• The choice is yours

The people should not have to believe that everything in life is set in stone for them. We all need to believe that our roles (what little we have of them) should be of our own choosing. People need to live with free choices, for without choices, we are without freedom. My believe is that we need to make our own path of life, rather than go down the beaten path all of us are expected to follow. To emulate the words of Robert Frost: "I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference." The choice is all of ours, what's yours?

• I think that they are important to society

Everybody needs more than one role in the world. The individual need more freedom then what they have and to choose their own roles in society. Woman can do some things men can do like mow the lawn or be truck drivers and also make pottery and have a job. Mom stays home and do the house work on her day off. And when the husband has a day off he will stay home and do lawn work or wash the cars. Some times in the Sioux tribe the woman has to stay and pick the barriers and the branches to make a fire.