Are government health agencies doing enough to prevent lead poisoning?

• It's minor anymore.

Yes, government health agencies are doing enough to prevent lead poisoning, because it really isn't something that you hear about anymore. We are all much better educated on the topic of lead poisoning than we used to be. Manufacturers are no longer making paint that is based out of lead.

• Yes, health agencies are doing enough to prevent lead poisoning.

The statistics show that government efforts to reduce lead poisoning are working. In 1997, 7.5% of all children under 6 years of age had elevated lead blood levels. By 2012, that number had fallen to less than 1%. The removal of lead from paint and water carrying pipes has eradicated most of the causes of lead poisoning in America.

• Protect the people

I feel that 10 years ago lead they were doing enough but now it is on the back burner. They are not pursuing the removal of lead and keeping it from effecting the citizens. There is still plenty of lead in old buildings that needs to be removed. There are also several cases a year where a toy goes to market with lead paint.

• No They Aren't

I do not believe government health agencies are doing enough to prevent lead poisoning. This is a problem that has been swept under the rug in this country and its been primarily left up to individual property owners to resolve. I have owned many properties and each time you buy you have to sign special paper work taking on the so-called responsibility of lead paint. I've never seen any government agency do anything other than push paper work and informational guides on this topic.