• It would appear they are.

You don't hear about mass shootings coming out of Europe very often, not nearly as often as you do in the US. Europe really should be more of a model for US laws and policies. Of course, the gun lobbyists shake in fear of the words "gun control" but what would it hurt to try?

• Of course it is....

I've been to Europe, all around it. And never have I felt safer than in those countries that adhere to gun regulation. You can walk the streets at night in many cities without ever feeling threatened. Meanwhile, I feel at risk in the US. You don't dare go out at night. You don't dare hang out in an alley and drink with friends, even in a very public area. If you walk through a dark neighborhood, you keep walking and hope no one screams at you from their porch and tries to chase you down and go psycho on you. How could anyone want to live in such a world as this? I don't see criminals being afraid to accost strangers out of fear they may have a weapon. Most of the time, they're too drunk, high, or mentally unstable to think that far ahead. I don't feel free. I feel intimidated, like I have to watch my every move of where I go so I don't get killed.

I almost was mugged here in the US and only got away by sheer luck and the speed that comes with adrenaline. But in all the time I have lived and traveled Europe, I have never experienced that ever. Never have I felt more at peace and more free than there. I can't help but question the so-called 'statistics' everyone loves pointing to. Who is making them and where do they get their validity? You certainly won't see this supposed violence if you go there yourself. I feel free, at peace, and able to do as I like far more in Europe than in the US. It makes me think these statistic are drummed up to keep people in a state of fear.

You can keep your freedom to shoot yourself or someone else with a firearm. All your other freedoms in the US are pretty much gone by comparison.

• Of course it is...

• Of course it is!!

If you can't buy a gun, you cant shoot someone. Guns all start out at a legitimate source. If that legitimate source source doesn't exist, guns can't be bought. One only needs to look at statistics to prove they work. Take Scotland for example, your are 6 times more likely yo be attacked in Scotland than America. . .But you are less likely to be murdered. If guns existed in abundance as they do I'm America, assaults, stabbings etc would be converted to murders. The simple fact is, Europe has less hums and less murders. Another simple fact us the more guns you have, the more shootings there will be. It's not even an argument in my opinion.

• Yes, they are

Gun nuts start harping about incidents of knife violence in Europe like that makes widespread gun ownership any less stupid, but the fact of the matter is somebody with a gun can do more damage than somebody with a knife. Gun violence does not take place in Europe on any scale even remotely comparable to the United States. Wow, limiting access to guns makes people get shot less!

• Europe has considerably less gun violence than the United States.

Europe, and other parts of the world that enforce strict gun control laws, have considerably less gun violence than in the United States. While some attribute this to the United States' considerably larger population than most European nation, it is reasonable to believe that stricter gun control laws make people more sensitive to the prospective danger of guns.

• Recent evidence proves gun control laws work.

Recent events in Europe such as the vandals in England, the riots in Germany, and the unrest in Italy and Germany prove that the governing laws are working. Gun violence has not hit the news amidst the civil unrest and economic uncertainty. If you compare that to the recent violent acts in the US you will see that the same opportunities for violent acts do not occur at the same numbers in Europe.

• Gun Control Is Working In Europe

Gun control laws are definitely working in Europe. They have taken the steps to implement it into their countries and make it effective. You never hear about mass murders or people having guns that should not like you do in the U.S. or other countries. Hopefully the U.S. will follow suit soon.

• Of course it is....

• Um...Certainly not in England

After England banned hand guns in 1997 their crime sky rocketed. Homicides went up 50% and violent crime went up 70%. It was in 2003 and 4 when they got more police officers that crime went down. They have 250million less people than us and yet they have more crime per every 100,000 people than us and have the the highest crime rate in all of Europe.

• Gun Control Laws Bunk in Europe

While Europe implements various gun control laws, most of them have not shown the kinds of results that lawmakers were hoping for. The fact of the matter is that gun crimes still occur in Europe on a regular basis, and that fact isn't going to change any time soon. Gun violence occurs whether gun control is implemented or not.

• No, there is still violence.

No, gun control laws are not working in Europe, because there is just as much violence in Europe as there is in the United States. Some people are just intent on hurting others, no matter how many gun and other weapons control laws are in place. Gun laws only work against the person who is law abiding to begin with.

• No, I do not believe gun control is working in Europe!

Just because the news is not covering crimes in Europe, does not mean that gun control is working. If you pull statics, they say the complete opposite. Criminals are going to purchase their guns from the black market, and crime will increase because their is not the fear of a person carriyng a gun.

• The criminals do not obey the law

The criminals do not follow the law. The only one that do, are law-abiding citizens who are hurt because of those. No self-defense is possible so criminals are more self-confident when they see a possible victim. The police can't get on time on the crime scene. It takes them a lot of time - in this time the attackers can kill/rape/beat and robb the victim and leave without any problem! I'm all for allowing long rifles and shotguns without any permit/requirence in all EU member states. A shotgun should be a necessity for every home.

• Are they working anywhere?

Even though I do not personally own or carry around a gun, I don't really see the gun control laws putting a complete stop to guns being owned by people in not just Europe, but here in states, or anywhere for that matter. People take the right for guns very seriously.

• Guns, man. Guns.

Guns are very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bad.