• Yes. especially for women

I've said it over and over. Guns are the most efficient method of defence ever devised. They allow you to engage multiple assailants (something you can't do with a taser or pepper spray) and contrary to liberal media, are quite easy to use. And they also do not require any sort of physical prowess to use and are far more reliable than tasers and pepper spray. No expiration dates, no dumb batteries, just pull the trigger, bad guy down

• Guns are Absolutely Necessary for Home Defense!

Guns are necessary in homes because you never know what may happen if someone breaks in. The intruder may have a weapon also, and calling 911 is not going to prevent you from being shot and/or killed by the intruder. Having a weapon of defense would prevent many innocent homeowners from being the victim of an in-home murder and if nothing else could scare the intruder away if they do not have a weapon. Not having a weapon of defense leaves homeowners vulnerable to the point of risking their lives.

• Yes, guns are necessary for home defense.

We live in a very dangerous world. Thieves, robbers, murderers, and insolent minorities are everywhere and nowhere. If the common, lawful man has no access to usable firearms, then what is stopping the criminal elements of society from gaining a monopoly on violence. Clearly, the ends justify the means when it comes to gun control.

• Yes yes yes

Yes stupid yesg g g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g h j j j j j jj jj j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j

• Yes yes yes

• Yes guns are a necessity for home defense.

The fact is most violent acts take place quickly often over in seconds. Police only show up to take the report, call an ambulance or coroner and begin the investigation of the incident. They cannot prevent crime from happening, unless they happen to be next to you when it happens. As far as I've known criminals, by definition and personal experience, do not follow rules. Criminals will always find a way to have weapon and will use them to get what they want. We all have a choice to defend or be a victim.

• It is unnecessary!

99.7% of victims of violent crimes do not use their guns. Also, the robber is twice as likely to obtain the victim's gun. If you really want to kill the robber then you can kill him in another way. Noswad63 said that you don't really need to shoot a gun, so why have a gun?

• Guns are absolute MUST for self defense. Weakest NEEDS the MOST.

Life is precious. And YOU ARE responsible first, for your own safety.

A simple scenario:
    Lets say, Guns are universally banned. Now, Robbers have only crowbars, knives, machetes in this fictional world. Your teenage daughter is at home. When 2 Robbers break in with intend to rape, kill and rob. 911 take 5 mins to respond, or may be robbers disconnected the phone lines. How would your family member respond. Does she have a choice?

• It depends on the situation

If you are living in an area where there is a high potential for crime, then it is wise to won some sort of weapon for self-defense. Now, I don't think that you need to get a military style rifle to defend yourself (that would be overkill since that is more than what is needed for defense) but you could do with a hand gun. If you are living in an area where there is a low amount of crime, then it probably isn't necessary to own a gun. However, I wouldn't want the government to issue a blanket prohibition on guns (I know that guns are used in crime but that has more to do with the person not the weapon,)

• Guns are taken seriously.

Think about it. If you break into someone's house and they are armed with a baseball bat it will be easy to get rid of that threat, but if you have a gun it can lead to the burglar getting injured. Statistics show that burglars are deterred by guns and they will not break in if they think they have the possibility of getting hurt.

• Guns can kill

If a robber broke into your house and you shot him you would be done for murder what would you rather do lose a few possessions or get locked up for life in some countries you could even be shot for murder also if no one has a gun the robber would find it harder to get a gun.

• Absolutely not, they make society far less safe

Considering that virtually all European countries have strict no-gun laws, and their gun-crime rates are much lower than the US, I'd go one step further than saying that they are unnecessary and point out that they are dangerous to a peaceful society. Having said this, I am aware that the current gun laws in the US have been existence for long enough that it would be both illogical and ineffectual if they were banned in the USA.

• No you don't need them

It can be said that we live in a dangerous world and we do at that. What if they have a group and see you with a gun they'll kill you. We will doing anything to protect our loved ones which is exactly why it shouldn't be aloud. When they see the gun there going to want to shoot you because you might kill them. No one would be stupid enough to break into a house without a weapon.

Lets say you have a kid and he finds the gun he plays with it and it shoots. Point being why take the chance if even there's a little chance he'll find it are you willing to take the chance. That is one of the reason we live in a dangerous world.

• This Is Obviously False.

Of course guns are not necessary for home defense. People defend their homes all the time without owning or using any type of gun. This would be impossible if guns actually were necessary. You can claim that guns are helpful or that they make you feel better, but they are not necessary.

• No they are not.

Useful.....Perhaps but necessary no! In my option there are to many down sides (collateral damage,escalation of violence,potential for missuse) compared to the upsides (potential superior force and range)
    and yes I have owned guns in the past though I no longer do. I also have some small experience with street violence (with and with out guns) as I ran with a very rough crowd in my misspent youth.......

• No they are not.

• I think that guns are not necessary for our society today. Guns promote violence that can lead to massacres such as the Sandy Hook Shooting.

" • 42% of Americans will be the victim of a completed violent crime (assault, robbery, rape) in the course of their lives"
    This is stated in http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp
    Guns increment violence. "• 83% of Americans will be the victim of an attempted or completed violent crime
    • 52% of Americans will be the victim of an attempted or completed violent crime more than once"

• No ons could do something else.

Guns are of course not the only way that one could possibly protect themselves at their house. Someone could use some type of spray for example or an alternative type of protection. Some people may choose not to have anything at all and choose to live there lives this way.

• What about Boys

Boys and a few girls favourite game is shooting games they want things as close to guns as they can get so whats closer than the real thing so they have a friend round spy the gun on the bench where dad has put it in case a robber comes picks it up and shoots his friends.

Anonymous says2013-08-06T02:29:34.073
If you shoot the robber you can be done for murder