Are guns, rather than race, the real issue in the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case?

• No not really

I not much of a gun person myself but its the person behind the gun who controls whether to shoot or not or which direction should the person shoot. Race is a bigger issue in the Zimmerman case. Let's say that Trayvon Martin was white instead of black, he probably wouldn't have been shot at. I mean the poor guy was just walking around the apartment block after coming back from the store!

• Guns Not the Problem with George Zimmerman

No, guns were not the problem in the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case. Rather, race relations and archaic laws were the problem. It was obvious that Zimmerman felt threatened simply because Martin was black, and the law that allowed him to fire was archaic and outdated. Guns were not the only issue.

• Who Knows What The Deal Was With That Case

I don't believe guns were the real issue in the case between Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman. The media picked it up as a race issue and I believe it a large degree it was. I think it pinpointed, especially in Zimmerman's verdict, that a young black man is sure to be up to no good, if he is where he "shouldn't be."