• Hiccups Are Most Definitely a Sport.

Competitive hiccuping is one of the most intense physical activities I have performed since 1854. I cannot imagine how messed up our country must be if you kids don't play hiccup ball. There isn't any ball but the name is catchy. I needed nine more words so here you go.

• It's All in the Physiology.

You cannot cause yourself to actually hiccup as this is a physiological occurrence and you can never tell when it will happen and thereby have no control over it other than gulping hiccups down. The topic is "Are hiccups a sport?" A sport, by definition, is "an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc." (http://dictionary.Reference.Com/browse/Sport).

• No, hiccups are not a sport.

Hiccups are a naturally occurring thing that happens in our bodies. Calling this a sport is unrealistic and downright crazy. Hiccups do not take any physical activity or training like other sports require. There is no teamwork in hiccups, and the competition would be very scarce as not many people would take hiccups as a sport seriously.

• This is idiotic.

If you honestly think hiccups are a sport you need to re evaluate your life. How would the competition even work? I'm not even going into details on this. Is farting a sport? Is burping a sport? And who would go say "Oh hey, I'm going to watch the big hiccup match today?" LOL this is more stupid the more I think about it.