Are high school cheerleader uniforms too revealing?

• Some of the girls don't like it.

I myself am a male in high school and my girlfriend that's in color guard has to wear a very short dress and she doesn't like the all the attention she gets from the boys who don't know how to control they're raging boners. Honestly it's just something that's unnecessary that people have just gone blind to.

• Cheerleading, volleyball, dance team: These outfits serve no good purpose

Society has become more and more oversexualized and the sad thing is that parents let their young girls dress provocatively at younger ages and are okay with that. Just like with volleyball uniforms.
    These outfit serve no other purpose than to stimulate the desire for sexual contact, whether it be from the boys at school or older men on the streets.
    We really need to think about the long term consequences as we lower our standards in society.
    We need to stop going along with trends and teach our young women to respect themselves by covering up more and attracting the right man with her personality and intellect rather than her sex appeal.
    ...And we wonder why society is going down the tubes. It is because we have lost dignity and have become so distracted with sex.

• Why do we encourage women to dress like prostitutes?

• I think cheerleaders skirts are too short

Skirts are way too revealing they are so inapropreit they are so bad for kids to even were because is so bad so answer this why do schools bye inapropreit clothes or unifors for them plz tell me cause they are about 2-4 inches long they show way too much skin and plz reply if you can answer the queston i asked you all.

• Too short; overtly sexual

The uniforms show way too much epidermis, leading young males--and perhaps young lesbians--into too much temptation. The cheerleaders need modest uniforms, not titillating displays of flesh that incite hormonal excesses among the youth in the schools. They need to tone it down in most schools; it's just not proper as it is now.

• Too revealing in my opinon

I am a male student attending High School and what I have noticed is a trend in sexuality among women. From showing off lots of cleavage, to skin tight clothing, to even butt cheek revealing skirts and pants, sexuality has been an issue. Decency is no longer practiced and people are showing off more than they should. These cheerleader outfits do nothing but show off their bodies to the guys and this "motivates" them. Why else are cheerleader outfits so skimpy? Why else are they always girls? The reason is that sexuality gets the players motivated. However this should not be how we motivate them. The body is a beautiful thing that should be covered up to evoke an air of mystery, not to flaunt around. So yes, I think they are too revealing.

• Of course they are

The latest fasion trend for girls is to wear the skimpiest outfit possible. At least most girls do not wear crop tops. The skirts are far to short in my opinion. If the school doesn't allow short shorts or skirts, then why do the cheerleaders outfits include them? If you need to put cover ups on your panties so nobody will see them, then that Is a problem. The boy cheerleaders are lucky. They get to wear a long shirt and pants

• High School Cheerleading Uniforms Are Too Revealing

Yes, high school cheerleading uniforms are too revealing. The purpose of such uniforms, and indeed, cheerleading itself, is to garner crowd attention by sexualizing the girls performing the cheers. Since this is the case, in high school, underage girls are being sexualized. Thus, not only the uniforms, but cheerleading itself is too revealing.

• Yes, High School Cheerleader Uniforms Show Too Much

While adolescence is a time of sexual development, it is also a process that needs to happen naturally and revealing cheerleader uniforms are one facet of increased sexuality forced on younger and younger adolescents and children. Although adolescents in high school are moving toward sexual maturity, they are not there yet, and certainly don't need to be rushed or pushed toward sexualization by the school itself, which should be there to protect and guide them, not encourage situations that may lead to poor decision making like unprotected sex and teen pregnancy. Revealing outfits required by the school practically encourage sexual behavior, and the school should at the very least have a neutral stance, if not a discouraging one.

• If you cant take it then dont cheer

Im 13 and Ive cheered since I was 6 on all star teams and in school. Our new uniforms dont have skirts and are more like a betwen a leotard and teddy. Ur not really supposed to wear hose because they think it gets in the way of stunts but we do anyway. Its lots easier to move in them and theres no loose parts to get in the way. It feels really good wearing them too like youre special and get to wear stuff like that out and in school and other girls dont. If you are scared to wear uniforms like we do then dont cheer and if u cant take all the attention then dont cheer.

• They Are Short For A Reason

With a long skirt you can't do as many stunts kicks splits etc.Im a cheerleader my self so a boy at school may like it ok...And.If a grown man hits on you you're supposed to know to run and call it tell someone duhh🙄So there is no reason to don't a young lady we know better.But we thank you for watching out😘

• Girls like it that way.

Part of being a cheerleader is being able to display a healthy sexuality, Part of being fit is also being proud of your body. Not enough girls have a positive body image and cheerleading helps young ladies realize they are in control of their sexuality. The only people who have problems with uniforms being too short are the ones with their own hang-ups and lack of self-esteem. People with healthy minds aren't bothered by others' choices of style or dress.

• High School cheerleader uniforms are not very revealing including the ones that are in some Florida schools.

The skirts were mid thigh to above mid thigh when I went to school.
    They need to move around almost like a gymnast except the part where they cheer the crowd on to get them excited about their team to win.
    At least you do not see any of the girls streaking at any time while the boys do a lot of that even grown up boys.
    I do not know about now but it was not to long ago when I seen some boys streak while going to school at games,also even young and older boys doing that even at college or professional sporting events where they done some streaking.

• No!! They're cheerleaders

ASKING IF CHEERLEADING OUTFITS SHOW TOO MUCH IS LIKE ASKING IF GIRLS GYMNASTICS UNIFORMS SHOW TOO MUCH. They have to show off their thighs. In some cases, their thighs and their stomachs.Some cheer squads only wear a shell that shows off their stomachs and boyshorts. So whats the real problem?

• Dont be prude, be nude! (kinda of)

They should bare more skin actually in my opinion. Before you go passing judgements, let me support my argument. In the culture we live in today, where a female is judged by the way they look (ex too fat, too skinny, too pale, "o she goes tanning, and looks so fake") I think this is an opportunity to allow a culture to say, "Be proud of who you are!" Being sexy, is being confident. Enough of this prudish society and lets give a vulnerable high school girl more confidence, something that is so valuable, ie interviews, first impressions, you name it!

• High school cheerleader uniforms are not too revealing.

High school cheerleader uniforms are not too revealing. I remember being in high school and the cheerleader outfits were never really talked about. They are using the same style that they have always been. I do not know how else they would modify the outfit that would still allow them to be able to move the way that they do.

• No. i do not believe high school cheerleader uniforms are too revealing.

No. i do not believe high school cheerleader uniforms are too revealing. Compared to the fashion trends in today's society. Cheerleader uniforms are prudent. Also because of the context in which their being worn. People would never walk around in their underwear, but they wear bathing suits at the pool.

• No they are what they are

High school cheerleading uniforms are no different then any other cheerleading uniform you see in sports and therefore are okay. All the parts of the girl are properly covered up and they are having fun. I see no reason to change the uniform as it is not doing any harm as it is.

• Not if they are too short.

I think there are definitely certain standards and guidelines for cheerleader uniforms to whit stand, and I think from what I've seen, they honor those guidelines. I have never been offended by cheerleaders uniforms or thought they reveal just too much. It really depends on the person and whether or not they find it offensive.