Are high school cheerleader uniforms too revealing?

• Yes they are

They reveal too much, and you can see a lot of skin, a d they sometimes show things too much like cleavage, butt etc... I mean it’s okay to be comfortable but not too that point where it is controversial, you shouldn’t expect people to say nothing about it because clothes are a form of expression. It’s okay to be a little free, but not over the top. Like if people argue against a sexualized community and girls go around wearing this, then argue against the sexualized community, that is down right hypocrisy. People shouldn’t get excited and even boners from seeing you perform, they should relish your performance not your looks.

• There should be a BALANCE between style and comfort. Cute, yet modest can be in order.

Self respect, and respect for others needs to be the gauge by which we conduct our lives. People that don't care, shouldn't matter, and people that do care, should always matter.
    We need to be concerned with what makes us better as a society, as human beings. God help us! Amen.

• They are freaking teenagers not street walkers

I've seen cheer outfits literally having their butt hanging out of them and people in the older days didn't have to wear them why now why now do we need to let these kids wear stuff they will be sexualized in if your gonna put dress code in schools check your cheerleaders first it isn't fair to the other kids they all need dress code this is high school not sex city.

• Some of the girls don't like it.

I myself am a male in high school and my girlfriend that's in color guard has to wear a very short dress and she doesn't like the all the attention she gets from the boys who don't know how to control they're raging boners. Honestly it's just something that's unnecessary that people have just gone blind to.

• Cheerleading, volleyball, dance team: These outfits serve no good purpose

Society has become more and more oversexualized and the sad thing is that parents let their young girls dress provocatively at younger ages and are okay with that. Just like with volleyball uniforms.
    These outfit serve no other purpose than to stimulate the desire for sexual contact, whether it be from the boys at school or older men on the streets.
    We really need to think about the long term consequences as we lower our standards in society.
    We need to stop going along with trends and teach our young women to respect themselves by covering up more and attracting the right man with her personality and intellect rather than her sex appeal.
    ...And we wonder why society is going down the tubes. It is because we have lost dignity and have become so distracted with sex.

• Why do we encourage women to dress like prostitutes?

• I think cheerleaders skirts are too short

Skirts are way too revealing they are so inapropreit they are so bad for kids to even were because is so bad so answer this why do schools bye inapropreit clothes or unifors for them plz tell me cause they are about 2-4 inches long they show way too much skin and plz reply if you can answer the queston i asked you all.

• Too short; overtly sexual

The uniforms show way too much epidermis, leading young males--and perhaps young lesbians--into too much temptation. The cheerleaders need modest uniforms, not titillating displays of flesh that incite hormonal excesses among the youth in the schools. They need to tone it down in most schools; it's just not proper as it is now.

• Too revealing in my opinon

I am a male student attending High School and what I have noticed is a trend in sexuality among women. From showing off lots of cleavage, to skin tight clothing, to even butt cheek revealing skirts and pants, sexuality has been an issue. Decency is no longer practiced and people are showing off more than they should. These cheerleader outfits do nothing but show off their bodies to the guys and this "motivates" them. Why else are cheerleader outfits so skimpy? Why else are they always girls? The reason is that sexuality gets the players motivated. However this should not be how we motivate them. The body is a beautiful thing that should be covered up to evoke an air of mystery, not to flaunt around. So yes, I think they are too revealing.

• So what if you think they show too much

Outfits dont show too much. I do cheer on my middle school team and our outfits cover everything from our neck down kind of like a catsuit or bodystocking. Some people think its bad because they fit really tight like skin all over and made of relly thin material and have lots of mesh. They have to be tight so they dont get in the way and so they dont slip when ur stunting and they have to be relly thin with lots of mesh so u dont get hot.

• No they aren’t.

I myself am a cheerleader. It’s not like we don’t have something on underneath our shorts. They have built in pants in the bottom so we don’t reveal to much. Other uniforms have pants so they don’t have to worry about their pants being to short. This is why they aren’t to short.

• Dont be boring

Im not even in hs yet and our team went to new body glitter outfits. Lots of parents think they are bad and older girls are scared to wear them. I think they are really fun and look so good. But it takes a lot longer for them to put one on u then a normal cheer outfit. They pretty much have to put difrent color glitters on your body so it looks like ur wearing a outfit. Theres no loose parts to get i the way when ur doing a routine and u dont get hot.

• Not really revealing...

At first, I thought that a lot of the sports uniforms for girls were too short and tight but after awhile people get used to it. Honestly as long as nothing is flashed and everything that needs to be covered is covered, it's fine. High school students are growing up anyways, they know what they're doing (mostly). Sexy=confident! And also it's easier to move around in. Guys go shirtless a lot of times so showing a bit of skin should be acceptable for girls as long as it's appropriate.

• I'm all for it

Yes, they are too revealing, but I'm not against that. Girls are sexualized and it's something they're going to have to deal with or learn how to get used to at the very least. There probably are many boys or even men that are attracted to what they are wearing. It's a turn on, and I'm all for.

• I'm a male cheerleader that wears a girl's uniform

I am a boy cheerleader that wears a girl's uniform. Don't worry, I shave my legs and stuff and wear ribbons in my hair and makeup so some people think I look like a girl. Anyway, our cheerleading skirts are more or less mini skirts and I love how I look in my mini skirt! I show off a lot of leg and it's easy to cheer in. I would hate it if my belly and legs were covered. It wouldn't be as comfortable.

• For goodness sake!

You do realise that theses kids are in high school right! . As long as cheerleaders feel comfortable in what there wearing it's great exercise and no one else should dictate what you wear! It's no one else's business! Also cheerleaders know what they get themselves in for, they know the inherent attractiveness in what there doing. It's there choice and if they chose to do it it's no one else's concern!

• If you cant take it then dont cheer

Im 13 and Ive cheered since I was 6 on all star teams and in school. Our new uniforms dont have skirts and are more like a betwen a leotard and teddy. Ur not really supposed to wear hose because they think it gets in the way of stunts but we do anyway. Its lots easier to move in them and theres no loose parts to get in the way. It feels really good wearing them too like youre special and get to wear stuff like that out and in school and other girls dont. If you are scared to wear uniforms like we do then dont cheer and if u cant take all the attention then dont cheer.

• They Are Short For A Reason

With a long skirt you can't do as many stunts kicks splits etc.Im a cheerleader my self so a boy at school may like it ok...And.If a grown man hits on you you're supposed to know to run and call it tell someone duhh🙄So there is no reason to don't a young lady we know better.But we thank you for watching out😘

• Girls like it that way.

Part of being a cheerleader is being able to display a healthy sexuality, Part of being fit is also being proud of your body. Not enough girls have a positive body image and cheerleading helps young ladies realize they are in control of their sexuality. The only people who have problems with uniforms being too short are the ones with their own hang-ups and lack of self-esteem. People with healthy minds aren't bothered by others' choices of style or dress.