Are homosexuals born gay: Are homosexuals born gay (yes), or do they simply learn it (no)?

• Homosexuals are born gay

Sexual orientation is a trait just as eye or hair color. It is not something a person can choose although they may be willing to deny and ignore it to be accepted in their peer group/society/family. I can't imagine homosexuals would choose to be of a sexual orientation which invites such violence and hatred to be directed in their direction.

• I'm just saying Yes because there is no in between.

Maybe some homosexuals are born that way and maybe some aren't. But the key is that they love their partner with all their heart. Think of it this way. Some people like chocolate ice cream, others like vanilla. Just go with the flow and love who you are. Be proud of your homo-ness!

• People choose to become a Homosexual.

Since sexual attraction begins in the brain, researchers first examined the question of sexual orientation by comparing the anatomy of brains from males and females. These studies showed that male and female brains showed sexual dimorphism in the pre-optic area of the hypothalamus, where males demonstrated a greater than two-fold difference in cell number and size compared to females. A second study found that two of four Interstitial Nuclei of the Anterior Hypothalamus were at least twice as large in males as females. Since the INAH was involved in sexual dimorphism, it was hypothesized by Simon LeVay that there might be differences in this region in heterosexual vs. Homosexual men. Postmortem examination of the brains of AIDS patients vs. Control male subjects showed that the presumably heterosexual men exhibited INAH3 that were twice the size of both females and presumably homosexual men who had died of AIDS. The study has been criticized for its uncertainty of sexual orientation of the subjects, and potential complications caused by the AIDS virus (which does infect the human brain), and also by lowered testosterone levels found in AIDS patients. Why are people gay? The question of how homosexual orientation originates has been the subject of much press, with the general impression being promoted that homosexuality is largely a matter of genes, rather than environmental factors. However, if one examines the scientific literature, one finds that it's not quite as clear as the news bytes would suggest. The early studies that reported differences in the brains of homosexuals were complicated by HIV infection and were not substantiated by larger, better controlled studies. Numerous studies reported that possible hormonal differences affected homosexual orientation. However, these studies were often directly contradictory, and never actually measured any hormone levels, but just used proxies for hormonal influences, without direct evidence that the proxies were actually indicative of true hormone levels or imbalances. Twin studies showed that there likely are genetic influences for homosexuality, although similar studies have shown some genetic influences for homophobia and even opposition to abortion. Early childhood abuse has been associated with homosexuality, but, at most, only explains about 10% of those who express a homosexual orientation. The fact that sexual orientation is not constant for many individuals, but can change over time suggests that at least part of sexual orientation is actually sexual preference. Attempts to find a "gay gene" have never identified any gene or gene product that is actually associated with homosexual orientation, with studies failing to confirm early suggestions of linkage of homosexuality to region Xq28 on the X chromosome. The question of genetic influences on sexual orientation has been recently examined using DNA microarray technology, although, the results have largely failed to pinpoint any specific genes as a factor in sexual orientation.

• I'm not fully sure whether or not they are born gay or not

I can honestly say I do not know, but I am going to err on the side of caution and disagree. I would like to do more studying on this issue but my gut feeling says that its a choice. With that said I could not care less what your choice is. Homosexuality is a natural part of the entire animal kingdom, humans included.