• Yes, we are

Earth must be beautiful without us, imagine all animals and plants everywhere, no contamination or wars or destruction just peace and nature. We are ruining earth will all of our pollution and trash. That's why I think that people are a disease to earth. I don't care if you don't agree that's my opinion byeeeee ✌️

• More Harm Than Good

As soon as the human brain developed reason and critical thinking, we rose to the top of the food chain and invented agriculture. This toppled the equilibrium that the planet had existed in for millions of years. People began living longer and we could support more people for longer. We began to expand and exploit more and more of the earths resources. There are seven BILLION people on earth now. All of them want to be fed. The only way to do that? Take even more from mother nature, use machines that poison the air, ground ,and water to continue our way of life. There may still be hope of turning it around and taking steps to limit our influence and to find balance again, but right now, Gaea is dying.

• Earth: Project Human FAILED

If you ask a biologist or a Darwinist, he'll tell you that every characteristic given to any animal, plant, or some other life form are given with a purpose. Human are equipped with extremely high intelligence. An intelligence that are tearing down the Earth, right now as I'm writing this. The human-race is behind many animal extinctions, destruction of forests and I do not believe that this is what Earth wants. Therefore my theory is that we are a somewhat failed construction.

• Humans have ravished the world resorces

Human for thousands of years have mined exploded and polluted the earth. We have polluted the oceans with our garbage and our waste. We have killed animals to extinction that shouldent of we pollute our air with the cars we drive we set of nuclear bombs that kill land for hundreds of years.

• No doubt about it

The only thing humans do is move onto a piece of land and completely decimate it before moving on to the next. They are a plague, a virus, calling them a "disease" is an INCREDIBLE understatement. If any of you human rights supporters are on this website, fuck you. Fuck you and and your whole rabid, inbred family you vile piece of shit.

• Without a doubt

While the damage might not be directly intended, it's done as a matter of course in the process of survival for the human species. Any species that causes damage by merely living has to be a disease, a pathogen of some sort. A pathogen's means of living is detrimental to the host - humans living is detrimental to the earth and all the other species that inhabit it. Therefore we are a disease of the planet. We're not evil; we're just living.

• We are diseases

The reason I say this is because we are mainly the ones causing global warming, destroying habitats of other animals, and destroying Earth itself. Some people may not think so but I do. Look around you. Do you see most of humanity not destroying forests? Forests make most of the oxygen. They are also home to various animals and we are cutting trees down thus animals are losing homes ,carbon is increasing, causing global warming. Earth used to be much more beautiful before we changed it. We are also the reason many animals are now extinct and why many more are going to be extinct.

• We come pretty close to the dictionary definition.

Disease:
    a disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury.

That definition seems to apply to humanity. The human race has grown to a point where we have no natural predators but ourselves, and we have begun to completely destroy natural locations on this earth so that we may live out our pathetic lives according to how we would like them to be. We may not completely match the dictionary definition, but it comes pretty close.

• Unfortunately, I agree with Smith.

I would like to share a quote from the Matrix.

Agent Smith:
    "I would like to I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet."

Of, course, it would be more precise to say pathogen rather than virus. The vast majority of viruses and bacteria are not pathogenic at all... We just tend to notice and study the few that are pathogenic as they endanger our own lives. The bit about mammals could also be substituted with "most organisms", but overall, this movie quote puts into words quite nicely the reality of the situation.

Feasibly, we could use our advanced intelligence and communication skills to turn society around and change the situation. Some are trying, but I do not think this effort is anywhere close to reversing the way things are going. While money is not the only issue, this classic quote from Chief Seattle gets the idea across of where things are headed.

"Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we can not eat money."

It would be great if we could prove Chief Seattle wrong, but if I were a betting man, I would not put my money down against his statement.

• We are, but we can change

It is no doubt that humanity have had a negative impact on the habitability on our planet and we have destroyed a lot of ecosystems. Our industry has produced lot of waste as well and it is getting worse with time.

It is certainly possible though for us to turn this around. Bio diversity may not come around, but we can grow new seeds for a future sustainable planet in good balance. We may do some biological engineering and in some way transfer the globe into something that suits us and other lifeforms.

Although I think it is probably more likely that we will destroy each other in war then start to cooperate for these kind of changes.

Science gives us hope though. With more knowledge it gives people the chance to transform this world into something better. A lot of people will deny that we are destructive, but eventually the truth will stand strong.

If am honest I do think we will be dead within a few thousand years most likely. Once we are gone the earth will recover no doubt. I guess that can give us some comfort. People die from diseases, but it will not destroy all life on earth. Microbes are far tougher than us and will at least survive.

• Humans are not a Disease. If you are A human and believe you and your neighbors are a disease, my heart goes out to you.

There are many reasons why it is wrong, innacurate, and downright unhealthy to view humanity as a disease. Three important reasons include the following; viewing humanity as a disease devalues the self and others justifying harming oneself and others, this outlook is prone to harbor a sense of guilt which leads to fear or overly passionate activism, and finally, humanity does not fit the criteria for the definintion of disease, "A disorder of STRUCTURE in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that effects a specific location and is not and is not a result of PHYSICAL INJURY." In other words 'global warming' or 'deforestation' is a 'disease' but humanity itself is not! That is like saying "Bacteria is a disease" which is completely untrue; we need many types of bacteria to survive, and most strains are harmless. The only way to define humanity as a disease is to do mental backflips to define the earth in such a way that humanity can appear to be a disease. This equivocation is an example of how a metaphor can easily be taken too far.

TLDR You cant do anything to make the world a better place by looking at yourself and others as a disease. We are part of this earth and we may be diseased, but we are a patient. Love one another. Help others. This negative outlook is damaging and nihilistic in the worst way.

• Human life IS the standard of value

There is no notion of something being "proper" without the assignment of a goal. There is no notion of a "goal" without consciousness, awareness, and the possibility of awareness actively influencing behavior. The mere presence of negative feedbacks in a system, and the inevitable equilibrium that results, cannot be said to be a goal. Therefore, deviation from equilibrium cannot be said to be improper in and of itself.

Unless you are willing to accept the idea that the earth is an aware meta-organism, and has the ability to choose her actions, there can be no notion of "disease" that applies.

• Yes and No

Think of what a virus/disease does. Slowly transforms it’s host. Destroying it physical form and changing it’s environment to one that suits it and allows it to grow. It feeds on the resources in our bodies to reproduce, attempting to ensure its survival. We are increasingly changing the environment we live in and devouring it's resources. Clearing rainforests, woodlands, pastures and all kinds of landscapes to develop and multiply into, spreading out to further inflict our host. Humans try to overcome our invaders by attacking with vaccines, antibiotics, and other medicines as the earth does the same with natural disasters of all kinds. It wipes out what it can to hopefully try to contain or eliminate the threat and it’s ravages. Are we terminal? Incurable? Like a cancer that takes so many humans? Debatable. But are we not just a microcosm of the universe itself. Galaxies invade and eat other galaxies, stars explode from inner turmoil, our sun grows and will one day consume Earth. The Earth itself quakes and erupts, spilling ash and magma onto the earth and gasses into the atmosphere. Lightning ignites forests. It's all just the chaos of the universe.

• Yes and No.

Think of what a virus/disease does. Slowly transforms it’s host. Destroying it's physical form and changing it’s environment to one that suits it and allows it to grow. It feeds on the resources in our bodies to reproduce, attempting to ensure its survival. We are increasingly changing the environment we live in and devouring it's resources. Clearing rainforests, woodlands, pastures and all kinds of landscapes to develop and multiply into, spreading out to further inflict our host. Humans try to overcome our invaders by attacking with vaccines, antibiotics, and other medicines as the earth does the same with natural disasters of all kinds. It wipes out what it can to hopefully try to contain or eliminate the threat and it’s ravages. Are we terminal? Incurable? Like a cancer that takes so many humans? Debatable. But are we not also just a microcosm of the universe. After all, galaxies eat other galaxies, unstable stars explode, our sun will one day devour Earth. The earth itself quakes and erupts, volcanos emit gases, ash, and magma that destroy, lightning destroys forests. Its all the chaos of the universe.

• Humans Not A Disease

I do not believe humans are a disease to Earth. Humans have undoubtedly been hard on the planet, however, I believe ecology will correct any damages over time. This does not indicate that we may be entirely safe from the effects that we caused, however, I do believe the Earth holds the potential to heal itself over time.

• A debatable question, but overall I don't believe so

Though the deleterious effects of man can be clearly seen, I think that to assume man is a disease by the implication of the question is to render man's existence as an accident, which doesn't follow any line of logic as to our arriving at the present circumstance of the world in it's natural order.