• Yes, we are

Earth must be beautiful without us, imagine all animals and plants everywhere, no contamination or wars or destruction just peace and nature. We are ruining earth will all of our pollution and trash. That's why I think that people are a disease to earth. I don't care if you don't agree that's my opinion byeeeee ✌️

• More Harm Than Good

As soon as the human brain developed reason and critical thinking, we rose to the top of the food chain and invented agriculture. This toppled the equilibrium that the planet had existed in for millions of years. People began living longer and we could support more people for longer. We began to expand and exploit more and more of the earths resources. There are seven BILLION people on earth now. All of them want to be fed. The only way to do that? Take even more from mother nature, use machines that poison the air, ground ,and water to continue our way of life. There may still be hope of turning it around and taking steps to limit our influence and to find balance again, but right now, Gaea is dying.

• Earth: Project Human FAILED

If you ask a biologist or a Darwinist, he'll tell you that every characteristic given to any animal, plant, or some other life form are given with a purpose. Human are equipped with extremely high intelligence. An intelligence that are tearing down the Earth, right now as I'm writing this. The human-race is behind many animal extinctions, destruction of forests and I do not believe that this is what Earth wants. Therefore my theory is that we are a somewhat failed construction.

• Humans have ravished the world resorces

Human for thousands of years have mined exploded and polluted the earth. We have polluted the oceans with our garbage and our waste. We have killed animals to extinction that shouldent of we pollute our air with the cars we drive we set of nuclear bombs that kill land for hundreds of years.

• We come pretty close to the dictionary definition.

Disease:
    a disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury.

That definition seems to apply to humanity. The human race has grown to a point where we have no natural predators but ourselves, and we have begun to completely destroy natural locations on this earth so that we may live out our pathetic lives according to how we would like them to be. We may not completely match the dictionary definition, but it comes pretty close.

• Unfortunately, I agree with Smith.

I would like to share a quote from the Matrix.

Agent Smith:
    "I would like to I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet."

Of, course, it would be more precise to say pathogen rather than virus. The vast majority of viruses and bacteria are not pathogenic at all... We just tend to notice and study the few that are pathogenic as they endanger our own lives. The bit about mammals could also be substituted with "most organisms", but overall, this movie quote puts into words quite nicely the reality of the situation.

Feasibly, we could use our advanced intelligence and communication skills to turn society around and change the situation. Some are trying, but I do not think this effort is anywhere close to reversing the way things are going. While money is not the only issue, this classic quote from Chief Seattle gets the idea across of where things are headed.

"Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we can not eat money."

It would be great if we could prove Chief Seattle wrong, but if I were a betting man, I would not put my money down against his statement.

• We are, but we can change

It is no doubt that humanity have had a negative impact on the habitability on our planet and we have destroyed a lot of ecosystems. Our industry has produced lot of waste as well and it is getting worse with time.

It is certainly possible though for us to turn this around. Bio diversity may not come around, but we can grow new seeds for a future sustainable planet in good balance. We may do some biological engineering and in some way transfer the globe into something that suits us and other lifeforms.

Although I think it is probably more likely that we will destroy each other in war then start to cooperate for these kind of changes.

Science gives us hope though. With more knowledge it gives people the chance to transform this world into something better. A lot of people will deny that we are destructive, but eventually the truth will stand strong.

If am honest I do think we will be dead within a few thousand years most likely. Once we are gone the earth will recover no doubt. I guess that can give us some comfort. People die from diseases, but it will not destroy all life on earth. Microbes are far tougher than us and will at least survive.

• Y e s

Humans ruined everything they polluted the earth, destroyed it, then have the audacity to celebrate earth day, Smh. If humans really cared about the earth there would be no need for an earth day, the earth would be clean and well cared for 24/7, if humans actually cared about earth.

• We are the worst disease

We, as the human race are terrible, we go around taking and taking everything handed to us and never stopping to give back to the world or give it a break, i can't wait till we have been wiped out and wish there was some sort of way to see the results.
    Tribes in mountains, deserts and rainforests are doing fine, yeah they might not have perfect things like water and food all the time but that's the westernised worlds fault for corrupting everything money, greed and power, lets just go back to catching your own food, building your own house and obviously that means strongest survives whilst the can recover, end me.

• We are in the Anthopocene

On a finite planet, nothing physical can grow indefinitely. The more of us there are, the fewer resources there are for each of us and for members of other species with which we share the planet. Human numbers have grown fourfold in the last century, from 1.65 to seven billion. They are projected to grow by a further four billion by the end of the century, driven by increasing longevity, a continuing high birth rate in some countries and population momentum, i.e. a historically high number of people of fertile age. Population growth rates worldwide are declining, but absolute numbers are still rising at one and a half million every week. Growth is also variable; populations are declining in some countries while continuing to grow rapidly in others. Since life appeared on earth, there have been several mass extinctions in which many of the earth’s species were wiped out because of climate change, volcanic activity, the impact of an asteroid or reasons we have not yet discovered. The plants and animals which currently live on Earth have continued to evolve over the 65 million years since the last mass extinction. But many scientists consider the huge reduction in biodiversity since the emergence of humans is now on the scale of another mass extinction. This is known as the Holocene or Anthropocene extinction.

• Humans are not a Disease. If you are A human and believe you and your neighbors are a disease, my heart goes out to you.

There are many reasons why it is wrong, innacurate, and downright unhealthy to view humanity as a disease. Three important reasons include the following; viewing humanity as a disease devalues the self and others justifying harming oneself and others, this outlook is prone to harbor a sense of guilt which leads to fear or overly passionate activism, and finally, humanity does not fit the criteria for the definintion of disease, "A disorder of STRUCTURE in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that effects a specific location and is not and is not a result of PHYSICAL INJURY." In other words 'global warming' or 'deforestation' is a 'disease' but humanity itself is not! That is like saying "Bacteria is a disease" which is completely untrue; we need many types of bacteria to survive, and most strains are harmless. The only way to define humanity as a disease is to do mental backflips to define the earth in such a way that humanity can appear to be a disease. This equivocation is an example of how a metaphor can easily be taken too far.

TLDR You cant do anything to make the world a better place by looking at yourself and others as a disease. We are part of this earth and we may be diseased, but we are a patient. Love one another. Help others. This negative outlook is damaging and nihilistic in the worst way.

• Human life IS the standard of value

There is no notion of something being "proper" without the assignment of a goal. There is no notion of a "goal" without consciousness, awareness, and the possibility of awareness actively influencing behavior. The mere presence of negative feedbacks in a system, and the inevitable equilibrium that results, cannot be said to be a goal. Therefore, deviation from equilibrium cannot be said to be improper in and of itself.

Unless you are willing to accept the idea that the earth is an aware meta-organism, and has the ability to choose her actions, there can be no notion of "disease" that applies.

• Yes and No

Think of what a virus/disease does. Slowly transforms it’s host. Destroying it physical form and changing it’s environment to one that suits it and allows it to grow. It feeds on the resources in our bodies to reproduce, attempting to ensure its survival. We are increasingly changing the environment we live in and devouring it's resources. Clearing rainforests, woodlands, pastures and all kinds of landscapes to develop and multiply into, spreading out to further inflict our host. Humans try to overcome our invaders by attacking with vaccines, antibiotics, and other medicines as the earth does the same with natural disasters of all kinds. It wipes out what it can to hopefully try to contain or eliminate the threat and it’s ravages. Are we terminal? Incurable? Like a cancer that takes so many humans? Debatable. But are we not just a microcosm of the universe itself. Galaxies invade and eat other galaxies, stars explode from inner turmoil, our sun grows and will one day consume Earth. The Earth itself quakes and erupts, spilling ash and magma onto the earth and gasses into the atmosphere. Lightning ignites forests. It's all just the chaos of the universe.

• Yes and No.

Think of what a virus/disease does. Slowly transforms it’s host. Destroying it's physical form and changing it’s environment to one that suits it and allows it to grow. It feeds on the resources in our bodies to reproduce, attempting to ensure its survival. We are increasingly changing the environment we live in and devouring it's resources. Clearing rainforests, woodlands, pastures and all kinds of landscapes to develop and multiply into, spreading out to further inflict our host. Humans try to overcome our invaders by attacking with vaccines, antibiotics, and other medicines as the earth does the same with natural disasters of all kinds. It wipes out what it can to hopefully try to contain or eliminate the threat and it’s ravages. Are we terminal? Incurable? Like a cancer that takes so many humans? Debatable. But are we not also just a microcosm of the universe. After all, galaxies eat other galaxies, unstable stars explode, our sun will one day devour Earth. The earth itself quakes and erupts, volcanos emit gases, ash, and magma that destroy, lightning destroys forests. Its all the chaos of the universe.

• Humans Not A Disease

I do not believe humans are a disease to Earth. Humans have undoubtedly been hard on the planet, however, I believe ecology will correct any damages over time. This does not indicate that we may be entirely safe from the effects that we caused, however, I do believe the Earth holds the potential to heal itself over time.

• A debatable question, but overall I don't believe so

Though the deleterious effects of man can be clearly seen, I think that to assume man is a disease by the implication of the question is to render man's existence as an accident, which doesn't follow any line of logic as to our arriving at the present circumstance of the world in it's natural order.