• Humans are fundamentally good

I agree that humans are fundamentally good because they have the ability to choose between right and wrong. Although, some humans choose to be bad there will always be good in them.

The bible states that we all have a sin called "original sin" which we have when we are born. That doesn't make us less of a good person. We are good because God is good and he trusts us to do good.

We may be sinful, but we have a good heart.

• Humans are fundamentally good

Yes, I think that humans are fundamentally good and try to do the right things. Even though there are people in the world who choose to do bad things like breaking the law or committing fraud, overall I think that most human beings are good honest people who benefit society.

• People Cry for One Another.

To say that humanity is doomed to be evil is to say there is no hope. If one does not have hope, one does not live. I believe people are fundamentally good because I have hope. Without hope, this world is empty, and pointless.
    When I see a child, i don't see a murderer. I don't see a thief. I don't see a liar. I see someone who has the potential to bring something good into this world. I see someone with an untouched, pure heart. Someone who can break the rules of this world and live better than those of us who already exist. I see hope for a better future.

• Humans are fundamentally selfish

Look at what we do:
    we kill billions of animals because we like the taste
    we bully other people because it makes us feel good
    we go to war because it makes us feel powerful
    we look down on other people to feel better about ourselves

clearly humans are not fundamentally good.

• No, humans are not fundamentally good.

Humans are after all animals, and morals have more or less tamed them for a long time. Humans must learn to be nice to one another; wild animals usually have no respect for one another, which explains their territorial behavior. Warring tribes existed long before democracies, and civilization always advanced when morals were placed before feelings.

• Humans are not born good, they are taught to be good.

The only reason most people try to do the right thing is that society dictates that, if they do not, they are evil. This is evidenced by the different perceptions of morality in different cultures. One example is the ritualistic cannibalism practiced by the native Pacific Island cultures. In our society, this would be seen as barbaric and wrong, but it was normal to them.

In a situation where a person lives in complete isolation, with no contact with any civilization, they will do whatever suits them best. This means they will steal and murder in order to benefit themselves, even though we see this as wrong.

Therefore, even though the majority of people do the right thing, it is not a quality that is instinctive to all humans, but a behavior that is trained into them through their environment.

• Goodness is Social Conformity

• I don't think Humans are fundamentally good

All human no matter how good a person you think they all have evil thoughts. We are born with a sense of greed and we want power which is the main source of all evil. Humans from the beginning of time we are drawn to the things that we aren't supposed to have which means we are drawn to the evil. To those who bring up the bible in this even in the bible it states that 'Every man is a sinner from birth'.