• Natural causes couldn't do this.

We have only noticed global warming since the early 1900s. Wouldn't all the natural causes have started global warming before then? Also, humans contribute to most of the CO2 in the air that causes global warming. This happens when we fly in planes, use cars, and even use electricity. Pretty much all of our air pollution contributes to global warming. If you think about that, that's all of the cars, factories, and nearly everything that emits harmful gases. As we have used more cars and built more factories, global warming has increased. Therefore, humans are the ones causing global warming.

• HUMANS are the causes of Climate Change

Earth has been a perfect place until humans started to become smarter and invent many machines which increase the amount of greenhouse gases in out atmosphere. I know that technogy and machinery are nessessary for everyday life but they are affecting out earth! If we dont stop destroying our planet then there wont be a place for the next generations to live. THink about our children and grandchildren!

• Yes, because of the amount of driving humans do.

There are massive amounts of Co2 emission in the atmosphere. The time spent at a red light is two weeks of your life in just 7 days. Also I have been looking at data; the amount of Co2 emission that has entered our atmosphere has sky rocketed since the Industrial Revolution in 1900.

• Yes, it is all humans' actions.

Yes, because humans are responsible for taking what they believe is theirs and finding ways to destroy it. Global warming has been studied extensively, and has been credited for the hole in the ozone layer created by methane gases, which were created by humans. It really is that simple. Our need to create, explore, and invent has caused rapid changes in manufacturing and development, without concerns for the environmental issues they may create. Our expanded population is also responsible, as more products and services are needed and more pollution is created to support the population. An true example is that humans are responsible for global warming but we continue to just throw trash everywhere and we keep allowing bad things into the air. We as humans don't seem to care that trash is everywhere. We just keep throwing garbage all over the place. We are given tools to recycle and yet we are either just to lazy to use them or we don't care. We have earth friendly products, but we don't seem to be using them. Although we have many resources available to us we just seem to go on about our lives thinking that someone else will do it. Instead of walking or riding a bike we drive or take the bus in turn polluting the air. Factories continue to let off gases into the atmosphere instead of doing something that's earth friendly because it would cost them money.

• We cause global warming due to carbon dioxide emissions.

I know that we cause global warming, mostly because we let out so much carbon dioxide, and that messes with our atmosphere. Not only are humans doing this, but so are mammals. I believe this, because I have done a lot of research on the topic, and I has come to my attention, that we are the issue.

• Global warming making a good point

Becuz we have all this stuff we are putting in the air like the pic that is on this all the full from are cars all the littering we are throwing are trash on the ground and all that why when the end comes it is not going to be nothing we are going to make it happen before any thing else people do not think about this kind of stuff i hate people becuz of all that stuff just if you would stop all that bad stuff the world would be a lot better then it is right now all the war all the bad stuff we put in the air

• One word, Correlation

Looking at climate graphs and atmospheric CO2 levels before and after the 1700- 1800 ( I know this is a huge time period but relative to the rest of the time this is a tiny space of time) there is a correlation you can just not ignore the CO2 and temperature both increase at pretty much the same rate (slight time delay as CO2 in the atmosphere doesn't have an immediate effect)

• No more debate on this

Our body heat makes the world hot. :D nah
    actually........ We, humans, are definitely the cause of all these. We make the world unbalance. We complain so much when, in fact, we are to be blamed. Many people just don't accept the fact that they are the reason and even blame Mother Nature. LOL@mother nature. Seriously? Self-sufficient much? Hahahaha.

• Yes, I do feel that humans are responsible for global warming

The United States currently leads the world in the production of carbon dioxide emissions. This comes from daily necessities such as, energy and transportation through fossil fuels and sewage treatment. The amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has increased more than 30% since the beginning of the industrial age.

• Nature Doesn't Destroy Itself

Temperatures where I live have gone up significantly over the last ten years. Just last year we had record heat and wild fires. Something that contributed to the fires was that the pine beetles are killing all the trees, and they can only be killed by extremely cold winters which were common but are now very rare so the pine beetle population has exploded giving the fire dry and dead trees. We also continue to cut down the rain forests which produces the majority of the oxygen we breathe. Less trees means more CO2 and less O2. I don't know about you but I don't enjoy breathing in exhaust but that's what we could be heading for if we continue going down the path that we are already on. Also in the last 30 years the average temperature of the earth has increased 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit, which to people who are uneducated on the subject may not sound like a lot but its enough to melt ice caps which raise sea levels so you can say good bye to your beach home rich folk who continue to ignore the problems that face the world and only care about their own pay checks. But even you are not protected from this disaster. If the average global temperature increases another 1.5 degrees the ice caps will be completely gone, the oceans will have no current, which then would produce anaerobic bacteria which produce this wonderful gas called hydrogen sulfide which smells like rotting eggs, and here is the kicker hydrogen sulfide is extremely toxic so everything on the earth would die. Doesn't sound like a great future to me. Over all I just don't understand why its so hard to change our ways just a little bit to help the world. Its the only home we have why don't we take care of it?

• The planet has not warmed for 10-15 years - but GG emissions have continued to rise.

We have been assured by scientists and their supporters in the environmental movement and the media that the world is warming because of the greenhouse effect.
    Well, now even the IPCC head has admitted that the world has not warmed since 1998.
    My question is this - if there is an incontrovertible link between GG emissions and global warming, then the YES side needs to explain why the world has not warmed for over a decade, even though GG emissions have continued to skyrocket.

• Humans are not responsible for global warming.

No, because compared to the size of the Earth, human activity is pathetically small. We don't cause it. We do contribute to it. Global warming has been happening for a long time and it started before humans existed. Meaning that global warming happens from nature. Humans may have speed up the process a little bit but it is mainly nature and the outside environment. This planet has gone through many ice ages before humans were here. Global warming is probably happening, but I do not believe that it is the fault of humans. This planet has not had the same climate through it's entire existence. It has warmed up and cooled down many different times and I think that we are in one of the warming cycles. Also I question the accuracy of the thermometers they used 100 years ago to even think that the entire world is warming up. Global warming is NOT humans fault and responsibility.

• Humans are not to blame for global warming

Global warming is caused by natural cycles. The earth is round. Time is short. The reason why the Earth is warming up is because of the fluctuations from the ice ages to now. Eventually the Earth will start cooling down again and go into the next ice age. If the carbon dioxide is hurting the Earth, then why don't we all stop breathing?

• It's just apart of Nature.

The world heats up every couple of centuries. It's apart of how it works, to help renew itself. It replaces the old with the new. Human's have made an impact, a small one... While this is the worst on record, so was the last one, and the one before that. It's not because of humans.

As the populations of ALL animals increase, methane and Carbon Dioxide amounts increase. With this in mind, every time the world heats up, it get a little worse. The world will naturally cool down on it's own, and life will carry on.

Scientists believe the world can hold hundreds of billions (exact amount is hard to pinpoint) of humans. We aren't the problem, only a piece of it, not that there is a problem right now. When the "renewal" process the world goes through is down, we won't notice it anymore.

It'll be another 150 years before the world heats up again. It might take 300 years for it to be too bad to ignore, but it still won't be all because of humans. In the end, it's just apart of Nature.

• No they are not the data is contaminated

This has been proven that when the government has started recording the data of global warming when temperatures were returning to normal shortly after the little ice age. it has also been proven that we are not the full cause. things that also cause global warming is the growth of cities/

• No no no

We have no way of knowing exactly what causes it but I am sure we do not cause global worming. I do not have any research on global worming but my answer is no we do not cause global warming and I dislike global worming freaks that say yes we are causing global warming

• No, global warming is not caused by us.

The planet has not warmed for 10-15 years, but GG emissions have continued to rise. We have been assured by scientists and their supporters in the environmental movement and the media that the world is warming because of the greenhouse effect. Well, now even the IPCC head has admitted that the world has not warmed since 1998. My question is this - if there is an incontrovertible link between GG emissions and global warming, then the YES side needs to explain why the world has not warmed for over a decade, even though GG emissions have continued to skyrocket.

No, because compared to the size of the Earth, human activity is pathetically small. The Earth is huge and it is heated by the Sun and to a lesser extent by the remaining heat in its own core. Humans contribute virtually nothing to how it functions. We are insignificant and to suggest that we have the ability to affect global temperature is hugely arrogant. The sun, however, and the Earth's core are vast and presumably their heat outputs fluctuate over time. This has led to temperature changes on the Earth's surface in the past and will continue to affect the Earth's temperature in the future. Global warming does seem to be happening - we should not be wasting time and money trying to prevent this, we need to accept that global temperature is beyond our control and then ensure that countries that are most affected are supported.

Humans are not to blame for global warming Global warming is caused by natural cycles. The earth is round. Time is short. The reason why the Earth is warming up is because of the fluctuations from the ice ages to now. Eventually the Earth will start cooling down again and go into the next ice age. If the carbon dioxide is hurting the Earth, then why don't we all stop breathing?

• Humans are not responsible for global warming. In fact, this is a hoax dreamed up by the government.

I dont think that people are responsible for Global Warming, Yes we have the resorces to create an epidimic, especially one that creates jobs....yes jobs, and more money. This controversey has, undoubtedly caused many raises in ecological and economical studys and degrees. The more money, We the people recive, the more money weput back into the system so they can pump it into their respected organizations so they can be the first to discover the "cure" for global warming......either be it clearing up or using the gases to power something, this my fellow people is why I think the Global Warming is a Hoax and is not a valid threat.

Posted by: Xeno
  • We contribute, but are not the sole cause.

No, because compared to the size of the Earth, human activity is pathetically small. We don't cause it. We do contribute to it. Global warming has been happening for a long time and it started before humans existed, meaning that global warming happens from nature. Humans may have sped up the process a little bit, but it is mainly nature and the outside environment. This planet has gone through many ice ages before humans were here. Global warming is probably happening, but I do not believe that it is the fault of humans. This planet has not had the same climate through its entire existence. It has warmed up and cooled down many different times and I think that we are in one of the warming cycles. Also I question the accuracy of the thermometers they used 100 years ago to even think that the entire world is warming up. Global warming is NOT humans' fault and responsibility.

• The sun is the problem!!!

Do we realize that we are putting the blame on our selves and not thinking clearly? The sun is the answer to global warming. Deep within the core there are hot gases that are escaping to the surface of the sun. These hot gases are traveling long distances to reach the earths atmosphere. When they get to the atmosphere they are trapped in there and since it is hot, it causes rise in temperature. The earths mantle is also a problem. So, there are a lot of other things that I can talk about forever that are not humans that arecausing the global warming problem.

Anonymous says2013-04-23T15:52:22.263
I say that humans don't cause Global warming and they don't never do that they tell everythig that people always do that they don't really cause anything. The climate change always so that is why.
Anonymous says2013-04-26T19:14:28.220
Only the height of human arrogance would suppose that human beings are so powerful that we can literally warm the planet up. The only global warming I see is the hot air coming from people who want to control other folks lifestyles by raising their electric rates.
Anonymous says2013-05-10T03:56:37.397
Let's stop beating around the bush...90% of all the Earth's and human's problems are as a direct result of the male human being. In no way would we be in the position we are in if the female human being were in charge. If you dispute this then i challenge you to watch one week's worth of news and believe me you will know that it is men that cause all the trouble that the world and the state of the Earth finds itself. Oh, and by the way i am a male human being