Are illegal drugs more dangerous than prescription drugs?

• What else is in that drug?

Prescription drugs are highly regulated and monitored by the FDA. This makes them for the most part safer than recreational illegal drugs. May street drugs are laced with other ingredients so that the dealers can maximize profit and make their supply last longer. Many people every year die from reactions to illegal drugs that contained cutting agents.

• I lilke bears

Bears are cute. Drugs r nut gud 4 bearz. They cud dy frum drugs. Thet is bad. Unce a seen a bera take weed pilz and he dyed. He onli tuk 2 weed pilz and he diyed. Thes is dum, bers are gud drugs r not. Mabi if drugs wer legel, berz would dy moar. And thet is not good. Bears are the ebst theng ever ad n if more birz di, les bears wood be alive. Long stori short, dont take weed pillz.

• I like bears

• Of course not!

Prescription drugs are far worse. Not because of the chemicals in them, but rather the frequency of use. People on prescription meds do them EVERY DAY!!! Do you really think that won't completely ruin your brain? Compared to illegal drugs where users usually don't take them everyday (except marijuana, or addicts)

• David Linge user of illegal and prescription drugs.

As a user of illegal drugs, I have never had a bad reaction, or long-term damage by doing them. I have done weed, hashish, cocaine, LSD, Mescaline, magic mushrooms, Peyote buttons, and had Heroin once, unbeknownst to me when I accepted a few tokes off a joint laced with heroin at a rest stop on a long bus trip. In comparison, I took Prilosec for severe ulcers for 20 years, and it caused severe osteoporosis (over 60% bone density loss), and the loss of all my teeth. I was going through an extremely stressful divorce and was prescribed "Mellaril" as a tranquilizer. The Mellaril has left me with permanent brain damage, and a serious condition known as "Tardive Dyskinesia". I was also prescribed Xanax, which my Dr. Told me may be "slightly addictive". Slightly addictive is probably the understatement of the century. It is now known that Xanax is 10x as addictive as Heroin, and one can die as a result of quitting "cold turkey". 1 kilogram of pure Xanax is worth more than $1,000,000 dollars, far more than any illegal drug. After 20 year of being a Xanax addict, I am now on a 3 year regiment of Clonazepam to rid me of the addiction to Xanax. Lastly, why does the human brain have natural receptors to most illegal drugs? I am NOT trying to say that all illegal drugs are harmless (example-crystal meth), but plant-based illegal drugs, for me anyway, have not caused the pain and permanent damage that prescription drugs have caused me. Thank you for hearing my argument, and I respect everyone's opinion on this subject.

• Prescription drugs are more dangerous than illegal drugs.

Prescription drugs are more dangerous than illegal drugs. While illegal drugs are illegal for a reason, prescription drugs are often more dangerous. Some drugs used to treat attention deficit disorder can kill people if used at the wrong time or with the wrong things. People can also be dangerously allergic to prescription drugs.