Are international legal bodies doing enough to protect prisoner rights?

• There has to be autonomy.

Yes, international legal bodies are doing enough to protect prisoner rights, because at some point, the nations need to have autonomy to deal with their own prisoners. A person who is violent in the United States should not be let out of jail just because someone in Europe or the Middle East whines that they are being treated unfairly.

• Yes, international bodies are doing enough to protect prisoner rights.

I think that international legal bodies are doing enough to protect prisoner rights. They are doing enough to make sure that nationals from other countries who are caught in foreign countries are being treated fairly. I do think that poorer countries are not as efficient though in terms of helping their citizens.

• No, I don't think international legal bodies are doing enough to protect prisoner rights.

I think overall prisoner treatment is vastly different from country to country, some live in good conditions and some little in brutal conditions, I think any international legal body should be trying to standardize the condition of prisoners so everyone is living in acceptable conditions and I haven't really seen them be effective at doing so.

• They could do more

Of course, that is easier said than done. Some of these prisons in other countries might as well be the death penalty to some people. They have deplorable living conditions.. We get prison is not supposed to be fun, but prisoners still have some rights left. They should be clothed, fed and not have to live in filth.

• They are not.

International legal bodies are not doing enough to protect prisoner rights. There are plenty of places in almost all of the countries where they detain prisoners and their rights are completely gone. The international legal bodies need to be much more vigilant if they ever hope to protect prisoner rights.