• What happened to books?

Seem like kids these days are always on some type of device that's just given to them. If a child is going to have a gaming system or an iPad they need to earn it. You cant just give it to them and expect them to be educational with it. Why not tell them to go play outside and forget the iPad for a while.

• iPads are definitely bad for kids.

Yes, I think that iPads are bad for kids. I have a nine year old sister and while she doesn't have her own iPad, there are three that are available for her to use throughout the day. This results in her sitting in her bedroom with an iPad for the majority of the day (when she's not at school). I think that this is just awful. I'm no better really, but I feel that she should be enjoying her childhood and playing outside, but because of the technology that is available to her, she's not.

• IPads Are Bad

IPads are bad be cause they can cause an addiction in a child. The child would be constantly on it and pay no attention to anything around him or her. IPads can also hurt a child's eyesight because of the brightness level at night. Even with the night mode on, that can still hurt a child's eyes. IPads can also expose children to inappropriate images in the internet. IPads are also an open way to get information. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. If you child needs something to do, then just make them read or clean up around the house. Don't just give them an IPad to do something other than complain and twiddle their fingers. IPads are also very expensive. If you already have a computer in your house, then you don't need your child to have an IPad. The child could just wait to look something up, or even better, look something up at the LIBRARY! That is why I think IPads are bad for kids.

• IPads are bad for kids

IPads are bad be cause they can expose children to inappropriate images. IPads can also cause an addiction for children to be constantly on them. They can hurt children eyesight if the child is on the IPad at night. Even with the night mode, IPads can hurt a kids' eyes. IPads are also an open way to get any information you want. That can be good information, or bad information. IPads are also very expensive. Why get an IPad if you have a computer in the house. If somebody is on the computer and you keep thinking, "Man, I wish I had an IPad so I could look up that thing that I wanted to see," then you can just be patient. If a parent is constantly at work and your kid needs to do something other than twiddle their fingers, then you don't need to give him or her an IPad. You can just make them read, or clean up around the house. That is my idea why IPads are bad.

• Uh wedbuhfehbudeqhubdequhbdbhueqdhbiqedbuiqeubidqeuid J

Higfnuieguinregnuiergniuerguinrenguirenuigreuingreuingeurnigunreiginureguniregernu dhxh hdjxjj j. N. N Nh j j j j Ji j j j j j I j j j I iiiji I I I I I u u u h h j h b j he h j h j h h h g h u I u h h.

• Any electronic device is bad for little kids and maybe big kids

Ipads are not the only electronic device that's bad. Iphones, ipods, etc. Electronics should only for kids 11 and up. One day when I was walking out of school, a little boy, about in Kindergarten or 1st grade, asked me if I had a phone with me. I think I uttered yes. Then he asked if he could play the zombie game(Plants and zombies) I left shocked. Little kids shouldn't view inappropriate things like zombies. Violence will destroy their life!!!!! I told my point.

• Thermal lights increased

The thermal lights in New types of iPads eg: iPad Air, iPad gen 4, IPad Air 2. Have been extremely increased which I horribly bad for your health and eyes {Thermal Definition}; eg: wind just because you can't hear, smell or see it doesn't mean it's not affecting the world around you same thing with thermal lights just because you can't see the thermal light doesn't mean it doesn't effect your health or eyes. And since children are still growing it's even worse since Their still young and their brains eyes and health is weaker than grown ups if they get addicted while still young they'll grow up to be unsocial and without manners children need less tech otherwise they'd be apocalyptic

• Advancement in technology.

I am going to respond to the opposing side regarding this issue. They say children need to earn the iPad. I agree in a way. As a parent, you need to teach children responsibility and important life goals. This is done by giving them chores around the house and rather than rewarding them with an allowance, they get the iPad. I also agree that children need to go outside and play but as a parent, you tell them to go out and you make sure they leave it at home. There is no reason that an iPad should stop good old fashioned parenting. In regards to the iPad distracting them from homework, it again turns into a parenting thing. You are the parent, therefore you make the decision of when they get to use the iPad. If they don't do their homework, take it away. Just because there is new technology does not mean that we have the right to stop being parents. Parents can also set it up so that there are limitations on what the children put on their iPad. Use what is available to you to protect your children and give them a chance to learn. After all, we know that children are learning more advanced things than we were when we were in school. The iPad can actually save you money by acting as a tutor for your child instead of having to pay money out of your pocket to pay for one. When it comes to the education of your children, nothing should be more important. In this day and age, they need to know how to use the technology around them.

• They can be educational.

Kids who use iPads can learn from them. Parents can control which applications are on the device and monitor their children while they use them. Both of my boyfriends children have iPads and the applications that they use are monitored by him. It keeps the children entertained and also provides extra assistance for educational skills such as reading and mathematics.

• Ipads Can Help Kids Learn

There is over 65,000 educational apps. Every learning style is covered and there is sure to be an app for any learning style you may have. A study in Maine showed that Kindergartner students that used iPads scored higher on tests than students that didn't. Using iPads makes learning fun and engaging. Even students that are usually daydreaming during class pay attention during iPad time.

• Ipads Can Help Kids Learn