• Ford is over rated

Toyota is the best ! FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW FTW

• Perception may be in the eye of the behoulder.

Perception may be in the eye of the behoulder, but right now the eye of the behoulder is on the Japanese car makers. The 'Big 3' lets not call them American, as they make their cars/engine abroad & their sharehoulders someof which are foreigners, have had quality lacking especially in the 70's and 80's. Japanese cars have consistently strided to be the best in quality, & although not always, for the last few decades they have claimed if not the top spot but certainly the 2nd spot for sure. And bout Jobs, my dad worked near the Honda plant in our town in Alabama for 16 years ... I don't think the Big 3 ever had a plan there.

• Don't buy American, especially Ford

I had a ford for 5 years. At 55,000 miles the transmission went. Then at 60,000 miles the heater broke. At 64000 miles the transmission malfunctioned again, and then again at 68,000. Then at 70,000 miles the ignition had to be replaced. I now drive a Toyota and I love it. Never American again.

• B b b

H j j j j j j i j j j b b b b g f f c v v b b b n n n b n j g g h b j h h b b b h. H . . . . . . . H

• B b b

• Cars are better because of the gas afficiantcy.

Japanese cars have smaller engines and have more fuel economy than american cars. Also they have more engine types and they can go faster for cheaper.More people are driving japanese cars and have alot of people whos dream cars are japanese cars and as you can see more people prefer japanes cars

• Japanese cars are better

Japan or Aisa in fact is known for making ever long lasting cars or very reliable at the least for many years. Honda had been proven to be the most reliable car manufacturer in the world for the last 9 years with Toyota and other Aisan manufacturers just below. Most countries have Aisan cars as their most popular such as in Américain where Honda, Nissan and Toyota are reliable. However American cars are made to a different standard to the rest of the world and are rather cheaply made and may be rather unreliable because of how the cars are in America with such big engine sizes and just how unadvanced the cars are these days compared to Europe and Aisa.

• I think that they are because....

The Japanese cars are so much more advance and are mo reliable. First they have more engine type like inline 4, inline 6, 2,3,4 rotors and boxer etc. they will usually weight less and with a little boost your little ordinary Japanese car can be be a little Godzilla. Most of them will be cheaper imported from japan. That's why i think they are better cars and my personal favorite is a Mazda rx-7 2 rotors.

• Yes - Japanese cars have better value and quality than American cars.

I have owned both an American car and Japanese car and the Japanese made car lasted longer. With proper maintenance on both American and Japan vehicle, the Japanese car I have last longer.

To counter post from NO side who mentioned American made cars helps the economy. I support American made products because they provide jobs in the U.S. Although, Toyota and Honda are headquartered in Japan, the mentioned car companies have manufacturing facilities in states such as Alabama, Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky. So they do provide work in the U.S. as well

• Reliability, fuel efficiency, technology,

Look at any country in the world, you will find Japanese cars form poor countries with bad roads to most developed countries. Also if you take the average number of years a person has owned a car, you'll mostly find people hold on to Japanese models than American or European brands. Mainly because they have built cars to suit all weather conditions that would outlast any of their competitors till date. However, I believe in the coming decade a major share of the Japanese car market would be eaten by the Koreans which will make it further difficult for the American and European brands.

• They desperately need to work on their styling

I have been driving a Dodge Challenger for several years without a problem. It has only needed oil changes and filters - nothing else. People say that the Japanese build cars that are more reliable, but I don't see how that could be when they cant even hire a reliable stylist. Cars like the Juke, Murano, anything by Infinity (I can go on and on), look like they were designed by someone who staggered into work drunk and puked on the floor just before going to the drawing board.

• Pollution is going because it ships from Japan

They are very suffering when living in the jungle too, I got my Honda Accord 1995 gone away in 2000, and my Mercedes Benz lasts longer than 5 years. Please I have a 25 year old BMW and a 25 year old Audi B3 please because I had a 31 year old Chevy.

• Are you guys kidding me ?????

REALLY!!!! You guys are going to say Japanese cars are better? What's up with that, this is America not Japan. First off we did not even need japanese cars on American shores. Look at Ford for example, their building the ecoboost engine and people are loving it. What about the Chevrolet Cruze, Dodge Dart, and Ford Focus, even the Chrysler 200 they all get good gas millage. What about the Dodand charger and challenger Hellcats and the Tesla p85D, both of those cars with send the Nissan Gtr crying to it's mama. And who wants a Japanese truck, thats right not very many people do want them. American vehicals aways have and always will be better and the best.

• Are you guys kidding me ?????

• It actually depends

How do you treat your car? Do you bring it in for scheduled tune ups, oil changes, and general repairs when they need them? If you said yes, then your car should be running for a very long time. If not then you don't take care of your car. I have a 2001 Dodge Durango with almost 200,000 miles on it and have had no problems with it what so ever. It all depends on how you take car of your car.

• No, Japanese cars are not necessarily better

Japanese car makers excel in producing cars that meet or exceed some of the various characteristics that a car buyer is looking for, i.e. gas mileage. However, the overall quality of American cars is better. Car buyers typically look for specific qualities in a car, such as gas mileage, safety features, resale value, etc. Japanese cars may out-perform American cars in one or more of these qualities, but never all of them. When you look at everything as a "package", overall the American made car is better. Plus, buying American helps the American economy.