• History proves they were both White Men.

“AKA Santa Claus”

“Santa Claus... Kris Kringle...Old Saint Nick... We see him on advertising posters, in parades, at departments stores...Who is this guy and why does he have so many aliases? Well, the original St. Nicholas lived in southwestern Turkey in the 4th century. As the bishop of Myra he was credited with doing a number of miracles involving sailors and children. After his death this led him to become the patron saint of both groups as well as for unmarried girls. As a saint he was given his own "feast day" that was celebrated on December 6th.

At about the same time Nicholas lived, Pope Julius I decided to establish a date for the celebration of the birth of Jesus. As the actual time of year for this event was unknown, the Pope decided to assign the holiday to December 25th. There had long been a pagan midwinter festival at this time of year and the Pope hoped to use the holiday to Christianize the celebrations.”

Pope Julius was the Bishop of Rome 377 until his death in 352 AD; he was white. St. Nicholas was also white; he was Greek and came from a wealthy family.

Saint Nicholas also called Nikolaos of Myra, was a historic 4th-century Christian saint and Greek. Nicholas was born a Greek in Asia Minor during the third century in the city of Patara (Lycia et Pamphylia), which was a port on the Mediterranean Sea, and lived in Myra, Lycia (part of modern-day Demre, Turkey), at a time when the region was Greek in its heritage, culture, and outlook and politically part of the Roman diocese of Asia.

Back in 352 AD or around that time, no black culture had a Santa Claus. Now in more modern times, the Blacks and Mexicans felt left out and created their Black and Mexican Santas. The Black Santa was probably created by Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson, two of the biggest black racists on the planet.

As far as Jesus, Jesus was a Jew; and back in the time of Jesus, no blacks were allowed to be a Jew. So, Jesus, the man, was also a white man.

So, Megan Kelly was right. Santa and Jesus were white men.

Now, the modern day Santa is claimed by many nationalities, e.G., Germans; but, that does not change the historical facts.

• Sure... Of Course

Well... Seeing how Santa isn't real, and we have no picture of Jesus, can you prove that the AREN'T WHITE? Do you have a picture of them or something?

They can be whatever you want... Because no one really knows as there is no picture. Santa is white (Northern European) in my mind and Jesus is Mediterranean looking in my mind. Prove me wrong ; )

• Assuming by "santa" you mean saint nicholas ...

He was born in Turkey, when it was occupied by Greeks. From accounts through history as well as in the church, we are told that this man ... Later Bishop of Myra ... Religious prisoner ... Then canonized as a Saint ... Was White. Jesus Christ was born in Bethlehem and was of Jewish ancestry. That makes him White, by skin color -- Jewish by race. Any way you slice it, if either man were alive today, in America, they'd be part of a minority. There are about 3M Greek Americans, today, according to government records. There are approximately 5-6M Jewish Americans. By contrast, there are about 42M African Americans in this country. Hispanics & Latinos make up about 16.7% of the population or about 52M. Whites, by the Anglo-Saxon definition, make up about 34% of the overall population.

• This is a problem.

Since Santa is a mythical figure, debating his race seems pretty pointless. Let him be to every child what that child wants: Anglo, Central Asian, European, Africa, Inuit, whatever. Insisting that Santa "is white" seems to be an eye-roller made worse by the fact that a "professional journalist" said it. Suggesting that Santa be a penguin (no representing for the brown folks here) is just as silly. There is at least a historical tie from Santa Claus to St. Nicholas, a Turkish bishop from the 3rd century.

• The imaginary war on Christmas has begun.

I think the question shouldn't be "Are Jesus and Santa white?" Rather, the question should be "Just how much of a homophobic, racist, fearmonger is Megyn Kelly, anyway?" Every time I hear stupidity like this, I'm reminded why I stopped watching Faux News a decade ago.

News flash, Ms. Kelly: Neither of them exist. Get over yourself and move on.

• Neither "person" was white

Megan Kelly and the Fox crew predictably got riled up, when someone insinuated that Santa/Jesus didn't have to be portrayed as white. Kelly goes onto claim (rather defensively), that both historical persons are white, case closed.

However, modern reconstructions and genealogies indicate Saint Nick (Santa) and Jesus had olive/brown skin, and were closer to being Arab/Black then White.

• No, they are not.

Santa is a icon made by modern day corporations and can be any colour. But santa was also based off of St. Nikolas which was white. But Jesus grew up in the middle east and is of middle eastern descent. St. Nikolas was born circa 280ad and is used as the ¨modern day¨ santa.

• Race doesn't bind God

Jesus was likely a brown man just based on where he was from (Israel) but I think the fact that we even need to discuss the race of God is absurd. Race ultimately doesn't exist. We all come from the same ancestor and racial roles/ stereotypes are man made. If God does exist (and I believe he does) he isn't bound by man made creations such as race. Jesus was a man who did have a skin colour but it's ridiculous that it even matters to people.

• Santa idk, Jesus I believe not

Now even those in America tend to picture Jesus speaking English he didn't speak that he spoke arabiac. Where he was and the language he spoke makes me believe he was not white I could be wrong since I have not actually studied the skin color of those who speak the language but my friends who know this language are not white so this would be my understanding

• This Is The Most Stupid Debate in The Country

Santa is an imaginary character, you can imagine him to be any race you want! And Jesus, historically speaking, was born in Palestine, a part of the Middle East, a part of Asia, so technically Jesus is Asian. And ethnically was a Jew. But out a of any array of real problems facing this country, like the healthcare system, gun control, prison overcrowding, international politics, we choose to get hung up on this? An imaginary man's skin color? For shame America!

• Neither was white

Saint Nicholas was brown, as was Jesus. Jesus would probably be mistaken as a Muslim today. A lot of people might assume Saint Nicholas was white because he lived in Spain but he was in fact liviing in Byzantium before it was sacked by Muslims conquering the remains of the Roman Empire. Jesus was brown and Jewish.

• I totally disagree

They are exactly how we wish to see them . Bible talks about Jesus being radiant and stuff but that doesn't make him white . If "God created us in His own likeness "holds true then we should agree to accept that His skin color can't be predicted, since all of us have different skin tone.

• Only in lala land

Santa can be any color as Santa is not real. Jesus on the other hand may or may not be real. But if Jesus was real, then there was no way Jesus was white, as he came from the middle east and would have had Arabic looks. The whole idea of a white Jesus with blue eyes is beyond absurd and shows elitism on the part of the believers.