Are JonBenet Ramsey's parents responsible for her death?

• I think either the father abused her or her brother did and the parents covered it up.Either way, it was a cover up.

Abuse happens in all classes of society. Its my belief either the father or brother abused this girl and it went a little too far. Hence, taking her life and makng it look like a perp did it and left the randsome note. I think the mother new all along. Whoever was responsible, was pretty screwed in the head. That's probably why the mother was on meds, denial.

• Burke killed her - but I don't think it was accidental

TRAGIC case and absolutely heartbreaking. Everything from the bizarre ransom note to the parents' self-protective conduct towards police and investigators speaks to this well-established fact. Watched the CBS documentary (which was hesitant to say Burke did it deliberately and so fudged on the strangulation part) and read Kolar's book, and this is what I think happened:
    1) JonBenet after or before she was supposed to brush teeth, went down to the kitchen instead. Left her pillow there.
    2) Burke had made himself some tea and bowl of pineapple and milk (Patsy's prints are from putting away the bowl after drying or just handling after washing)
    2) J snatches a piece of pineapple from the bowl while B is eating. B, furious, grabs the torch and runs after her, leaving the bowl never to be finished.
    3) He grabs her by the collar from the front and she scratches at her neck to get free - hence the bruising and scratches.
    4) He lashes out at her and with great speed strikes her with the Maglite torch. She is rendered consciously immediately.
    5) Burke drags or carries her downstairs to the carpet outside the wine cellar and takes time to fashion a garrote from Patsy's paintbrush and some household rope. He strangles his sister, around 45 - 90 minutes after the blow to the head. He commits a final act of defilement by assaulting her body with the rest of the paintbrush. Then he tests her status with a piece of toy train track.
    6) The parents discover all this some time in the night and stages the cover-up. Patsy or John covered her in the blanket - Burke would have never done that.

• Burke accidently killed her

Everything makes sense if you take the evidence into consideration. The parents covered it up. The ransom note is physical proof of that. The pineapple in her stomach and from the kitchen table was denied by the Ramsey's but there is physical evidence. Burke's history with anger towards his sister is documented. It was an accident.

• Read 'Foriegn Faction'

Jonbennett Ramsey was accidentally murdered by the parents, in my opinion the mom, and then it was covered up by the two of them. One parent lashed out and hit her with something hard, resulting in the skull fracture, the rest is a cover up. There no way an intruder could have spent hours murdering Jonbennet and leave behind basically no evidence.

• Guilty OF Cover Up

I believe Burke struck the initial blow to his JonBenet's head and was assisted in a cover up of her murder, first by Patsy and then John.

It is not easily I write the following as will be the first time in thirty years I have discussed this except to admit it once to my husband. I am a professional woman and happily married mother of two, but when I read about Burke, a chill ran through me. I was that child. The detached, cold, unfeeling chold who was seriously disturbed, right down to the scatalogical behaviors. It is not a conscious thing most times, your body is out of sync and your bowels would empty on the spot and often you are teying to hide evidence like in boxes (chocolate box) walls (you are a child and hope it will be seen as mud or you just want if off you) also you will try and blame it on the younger sibling, I did. I also had intense sexual feelings although had no desire to act out towards anyone or hurt them sexually, but I am glad my mother burned what I was drawing telling me my father would throttle me if he saw them. It is not an easy thing to discuss, but during my intense therapy at a children's psychiatric unit I was with kids younger than Burke who were as disturbed.

From my own viewpoint of an unhappy, disturbed child taking all the other evidence - the ransome note, the practice note, the 911 call, the fact Burke was asleep but then how did the parents not wake him? The undisturbed window well, the lawering up, blaming police, a tactic working well for the McCanns also. So much more, but to me there is no way an intruder was involved

• Yes! Yes! Yes!

(Daniel Bryan reference above btw)

Anyways, I am not saying I am convinced the parents killed that poor girl, but I am saying they know more to the story than they have ever told officials, and they played some role in the death of that poor girl. I haven't read up on the case in a while, but something recently broke stating they were at one point formally indited for the death of their daughter. Either way, the specific money note matching the fathers bonus, them NOT checking the basement where she was found, the father immediately grabbing her therefore ruining any possibility for a purely unscathed examination of her body.... It is far too fishy to pardon the family

• YES

As sad as I am to say it, I agree that they are the likely ones responsible for her death. There was just too much iffy stuff that was going on in that situation. One of my main problems was that if they really wanted to find the killer of their daughter, they would've cooperated with the authorities a bit more than they did.

I'm not going to say that they murdered her themselves, but I think that some messed up stuff was likely going on in that family, and she died by accident. Ultimately, that would make them responsible in my eyes.

• Sometimes Suspicious Behavior Incriminates

JonBenet Ramsey's parents were never able to wipe away the shadow of suspicion they were under from the moment her death was discovered. Whether they killed her or protected the person who did, they refused to work with authorities unless it was on their terms. This did not help their claim of innocence to the general public, nor did their intense protection of their son. Much of the media speculated that he would have revealed abuse by John and Patsy that could have led to JonBenet's death. Their suspicious behavior in the months and even years following the incident has convinced me that they were definitely involved in JonBenet's death.

• Ramsey's Mother Would be MY Prime Suspect!

Since I moved to the USA in 1998 the death of Jon Benet Ramsey has been a hot topic. Granted, it cooled off somewhat after Patsy died in 2006 but it has always been a headline grabber.

I understand the police would not release 100% of their evidence to the general public but from what I did know about the case I have always felt the mother, Patsy Ramsey, had a big role to play in her daughter's death. At this moment I don't feel that the father, John Ramsey, was involved but I do find it interesting that the recent news about a grand jury had found enough evidence to indict both parents when the original investigation took place.

• Burke Ramsey did it!

The book Foreign Faction by James Kolar tells us just about everything we need to know... Burke committed the murder and the parents covered it up. The behavior of the entire family after the murder was/is incredibly bizarre and I know for a fact they're covering up something. They can't stick to their stories and Burke showed no concern or interest in the disappearance/murder of his sister.

• Doesn't add up

When you look at all the evidence, either the Ramsey's are absolute idiots or they had nothing to do with it. So many things wouldn't make sense if they did - why leave the body in the house? Why use the exact amount of John's bonus? It doesn't add up.

• This horrific crime was a burglary gone bad.

There is really no other way to explain it.

It makes no sense whatsoever for the parents to have written a bogus two and a half page ransom note alleging that JonBenet had been kidnapped, and then go and leave the body in the basement.

Obviously, her brother didn't do it. He was only nine years old at the time.

This was not a kidnapping since the ransom note would have been written before hand and the kidnappers would have taken their hostage with them in order to collect the ransom. (This is the whole point of kidnapping!)

This was not the work of an obsessed pedophile because he would have taken JonBenet with him after having taken so much risk to obtain her. He certainly would not have brutally murdered her in the basement before having his way with her.

Therefore, if the parents didn't do it, and the brother didn't do it, and the motive of intruder(s) could not have been kidnapping nor pedophilia, that only leaves one remaining motive: BURGLARY, and it just so happens that the Ramseys were leaving for vacation on the very morning the crime occurred.

The burglars had apparently heard something about the family's travel plans but were misinformed by one day. Consequently, they broke into the Ramsey residence a day too soon. They were discovered in the house by JonBenet who knew at least one of them well enough to identify them both to police. One of the burglars proposed kidnapping JonBenet and went as far as to write what she thought was a convincing ransom note, while the other burglar decided to murder JonBenet with extreme prejudice in order to make absolutely certain that she would never tell anyone who she saw in the house that Christmas night.

• Obviously, no member of the Ramsey household was responsible for the death of JonBenet.

This horrific crime was a burglary gone bad. There is really no other way to explain it.

This was not the work of an obsessed pedophile because he would have taken JonBenet with him after having taken so much risk to obtain her. He certainly would not have brutally murdered her in the basement before having his way his way with her.

Therefore, if the parents didn't do it, and the brother didn't do it, and the motive of intruder(s) could not have been kidnapping nor pedophilia, that only leaves one remaining motive: BURGLARY, and it just so happens that the Ramseys were leaving for vacation on the very morning the crime occurred. The burglars had apparently heard something about the family's travel plans but were misinformed by one day. Consequently, they broke into the Ramsey residence a day too soon. They were discovered in the house by JonBenet who knew at least one of them well enough to identify them both to police. One of the burglars proposed kidnapping JonBenet and went as far as to write what she thought was a convincing ransom note, while the other burglar decided to murder her with extreme prejudice in order to make absolutely certain that she would never tell anyone who she saw in the house that Christmas night.

• No not likely

These people did promote beauty pageants, which are not the healthiest environments for children. They do sexualise children and are attractions for the creepy peedy, But I do think that it was a the result from actions of a very disturbed person. It would be horrible to live with and to be constantly held under suspicion would make it difficult to grieve. I hope that little girl found peace where ever the dead go. Beauty pageants should not be allowed to exist.

• No, I don't think they're responsible

While I am no way suggesting that JonBenet's parents are saintly people, I do not think they are connected in her death. I think they were probably creepy people for pushing her into pageants, but I think their death was an insane accident. This is an old case and has been analyzed many times, and after all this time, I do not think there is a lot of evidence linking them to the crime.