• Why should we have cops in school?

Kids are perfectly safe in schools just the way they are. Imagine if you were a kid sitting at your'e desk about to take a test when all of a sudden you hear a grunt. And when you look up you see a cop staring you in the eye OH JOLLY ME! JUST MAKING SURE YOUR'E NOT A MASS KILLER!

• Depends which school

Some schools have seen decreased funding over the years and have seen their local economies go down the toilet. Any school in this situation or any school in a poor. High-crime area is very likely to have seen better days in the past. The recent 2008 recession only worsened these kinds of neighborhoods (and others) so certain schools (due to demographic and economic changes) are no longer safe anymore.

On the contrary, you have schools where the conditions improved. Where demographics and economics have worked in that schools favor and made a much more trouble-free school. Therefore saying all schools are unsafe is a myth, but so is saying all schools are.

Life is never linear.

• Yes, school is definitely still safe and is much safer than in the past.

Despite the overflowing headlines of school shootings and the like, schools are in fact safer than they were years ago. Procedures are in place in case of an emergency and locks are on all doors leading outside. Some schools even have metal detectors and security guards. These weren't in place in the past.

• Yes, kids are still safe in school

Regardless of all the recent violent killings that have happened in schools, kids are still relatively safe in school. These kinds of actions will occur whether or not safety protocols are established in schools. The question remains on whether proper parenting should be in place in order to prevent these kinds of actions to begin with.

• Just As Safe As Before

Your children are in no more danger now, than they were last week, a year ago, or a decade ago. Children, especially teens, are prone to violence. Remember your history studies, wars break out when the majority of the population is young. Children can be dangerous and there is always a possibility of violence in schools. Sheltering children from places like a public school is probably worse than letting them go.

• Well yes, if you mean generally

Honestly, no where is safe. You could spend your whole life with never going outside, living in a steel box, know what to do in every situation and still die. But the chance is EXTREMELY low. Same thing with schools. There is a chance, but it is very, very tiny.

• Yes school is safe

If school is not safe so why are parents send their children in school . Parents sent their children in school for studying that mean they believe that school is safe for their children . We can not see any incident happen in school rest of few school in world.

• Yes school is safe

• Yes school is safe

• I was bullied

I was bullied so terribly that I had to switch to being cyber school. I was a victim of this and I personally think that schools our killing our children.. When I went to school I got spat on, falsely accused of rape 8 times by the same girls, and raped. Not to mention beat, and made fun of.

• I was bullied

• I was bullied

• No it’s school or your life now

With Nicholas Cruz and dimitrous whatever his name is schools are only hunting areas these days Im in high school and I fear my life now. We need to not only have police in the school but like 50 national guards that’s all we can do but..... Does retard-in-chief understand no is he going to do anything? No. America has turned into the biggest laughing stock and school shootings is one of them.

• To many school problems

They have been to many school shootings this year and that pt kids in danger. Some parents don’t even want their kid at school cause of that. Their is even drugs and fights at school and then the staff does nothing to stop it and that is what they get paid for no. So school is not safe.👎🏻

• Schools aren't safe anymore

Schools aren't safe anymore from all these shootings and bomb threats that are occurring. But, there has been a recent idea of allowing teachers to have guns during class time but many students are afraid of their teachers going rogue and end up shooting them. The best way to stop these shooting and bomb threats is to just ban them in the countries that have to deal with this problem. But, (again) banning guns can make businesses broke and many military forces use gun in wars, e.T.C.

• Schools aren't safe anymore

• Schools aren't safe anymore

• Stay at home, don't get shot

Bullying is a real thing in schools everywhere around the world...

Getting shot at school however, is strictly an American phenomina

I would never send my children to an American pressure cooker where they wait to get shot at by whoever took the 9 seconds it takes to get one's hands on a gun in this country

• No, It's Not

School is not safe after the Florida shooting because, when will we know if it's a drill or not, will we die or will we make it out alive? We all want our story to be told. We are too young to die, and people need to see that the problem is not the guns, its society (mostly)