Are leaders born (yes) or do they become great (no)?

• Great leaders are born. Average leaders can be made

History shows the great leaders of our world are born with the charisma, the drive, the confidence, the determination to influence and inspire their followers. You are born with your character and great leaders are born with specific traits to lead. For example, you cannot teach determination, persistence or perseverance.

• Leaders are born.

Good leaders are born with necessary potentials in themselves that nurture brings out and the circumstances in their lives bring out. I am a born leader. The nurture that I had with my original family is absent with my family now who adopted me after I left her twice. The circumstances prevented me from becoming a good leader and to develop myself. Circumstances are controlled by other people using mathematical modeling.

I am a psychologist and I present this to you.

• Duh of course i do

I believe there are some inherent personal traits which help someone become an effective leader.
    People have certain inborn characteristic that predispose people to be leaders and I guess that is why we call talented someone who does hard things as ‘gifted’.
    By the way, there are two theories about these issues.
    First one is Great Man theory which was popularized in 19th century by Scottish writer Thomas Carlyle and the other one is Trait theories which is an approach to the study of human personality in psychology.
    These theories believe that people inherit certain qualities and traits that make them better suited to leadership.
    In addition, I want to mention about transfusion and transplant.
    According to Donate Life America, blood transfusion or transplant would cause the recipient's personality or behavior to become similar to the donor's behavior even for a temporary period.
    Of course, we could not say leadership is genetic but these studies show every person has different innate traits.
    Therefore, it is possible to say that leadership qualities could be inherent qualities and it provides the view for leaders are born.

• Leaders are born

• Leaders are born.

They say leaders are made. This is the greatest delusion ever concocted by man. Any leader who is worth his salt is a born leader. Society presents circumstances that enable one to be spontaneous and portray leadership qualities. That’s the greatest contribution of society to mankind – it identifies a leader from its surroundings.

A distinction has to be made between true leaders and quack leaders. True leaders know that they are born for a purpose. Society is their laboratory. They experiment and display various leadership skills which benefit society as a whole.

• Great leaders are born.

I've been dong some research on this topic and I've found that almost everyone is capable of learning how to lead, those born with certain character traits or genes definitely make them leaders. But no matter your genetic disposition, practice is required in order to become an effective or great leader.

• Leaders Are Born

I do not believe leaders become great, although natural born leaders may take a few years to mature. I do not believe that someone can become anything they want, some things require very certain traits and as far as I can tell people really can't make significant changes just because they want to. I think this is obvious with politicians. People who are extremely good speakers (ie. Obama) are more likely to succeed than those that aren't inherently good at it.

• Leaders are born.

It is clear that leaders are born and not made. People are endowed with certain personality traits because of their genetics. Although people can learn new things in their lifetime, they can only learn content. People cannot change their basic personality no matter how much education and training they receive.

• Great leadres are made

I don’t think that leaders are born; I think that they are
    made great through the conditions of their lives. Everything has to be learned. No one is born a leader. Reality shapes us into the people that we are going to be.

I don't believe that leaders are born, because to me a leader is someone who knows more about certain topic, or situation then the people who are following him, or her. So no. Leaders are not born.

• Leaders are made

If leaders are born why havent they till date been mutated ?
    Leadership is a skill u acquire with time and experience. A leader is a person who comes forward to take the challenge. If a leader rises up from the multitude, then that person was already a leader to begin with.

• Leaders are made!

People want to become a leader for many reasons. The most being to further their career or just simply to help others. They spend their time figuring out what works when it comes to being a leader and what doesn't. A good leader is usually charismatic, courageous, confident, and honest. These are acquired characteristics, definitely not hereditary. If you believe leaders are born, that means you're agreeing with Lamarck's theory from the 1800's. Get up to date!

• Some are born, most become.

Some people are just born to be great leaders, but most people spend hours upon hours figuring out how to be a good leader. A good leader is usually charismatic, so many times people work on this the most. The also work on finding what works to lead and what doesn't.

• No. I dont believe that leaders are born.

No. I don't believe that leaders are born, because to me a leader is someone who knows more about certain topic, or situation then the people who are following him, or her. In that case anyone can become a leader through the retention of knowledge. So no. Leaders are not born.

• I don’t think that leaders are born; I think that they are made great through the conditions of their lives.

made great through the conditions of their lives. Think about it. No one is born knowing anything. Everything has to be learned. No one is born gay. No one is born a leader. Reality shapes us into the people that we are
    going to be.