Are members of the LDS faith ("Mormons") considered Christians by the majority of Christian religions?

Asked by: supernova3
  • Mormons are Christians.

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I can honestly say that I am Christian. We are called the mormons, but our faith truly centers around Jesus Christ. The book of mormon, where the nickname comes from, is another testament of Jesus Christ. It complements the Bible and adds to our understanding of Jesus.

• Members of the LDS faith ("Mormons") are considered Christians by the majority of Christian religions.

Members of the LDS faith ("Mormons") are considered Christians by the majority of Christian religions. Mormons are famous in their stance that they believe in a God and Jesus, so that is satisfactory for many other Christians. Even thoug they may have some shadier parts of their faith, they are Christians.

• "Mormons" believe in Christ.

Members of the LDS faith, better known as Mormons, are indeed Christians. While not of the Protestant movement, those of the LDS faith profess a belief in Jesus Christ. Another supporting point is the name of the church itself. The LDS church's full name is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints," which clearly shows they are Christians.

• Not sure about question

I can not say whether other religions hold us as christian but this scripture should clear up a few things.
    2 Nephi 25:26
    26 And we atalk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we bprophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our cchildren may know to what source they may look for a dremission of their sins.

• Mormons are Christians.

• No, Mormonism is unbiblical.

People can say they believe in Jesus all they want, and call themselves Christian. The LDS Jesus is not the same one as presented in the Bible. Mormonism should not be considered Christina because it is so different from the Biblical beliefs and contradicts the Bible itself. I could say I follow Jesus, and yet still do other things that aren't biblical at all. That doesn't make me a Christian. Just because a church has the name of Jesus in it, doesn't make them Christian. The LDS faith denies 5 of the most important truths in the Bible, including the superiority f Jesus. So no, the LDS faith will not save you. Contact me for more info or questions!

Posted by: bm17
  • No, Mormonism contradicts the Bible

Mormons have 4 books of scripture that they use including the Bible. However the other 3 books are in contradiction with the Bible. Just because the name of the Mormon Church includes 'Jesus Christ' doesn't mean they are necessarily Christian.

Lets take a look:

Who is God?
    Christian - God is Truine. One Eternal God split into 3 persons. 1 John 5:7, Matt 28:19
    Mormon - God is a man. Mankind can become gods. There are 3 seperate gods. D&C 130:22, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith 370

Who is Jesus Christ?
    Christian - The second person of the Trinity. Fully God and fully human. Hebrew 4:15, 1 John 5:7, John 10:30
    Mormon - Elder brother. He and Lucifer are spirit brothers. D&C 93:21

Salvation
    Christian - Through faith in Jesus Christ. Not by works. Works are evidence of faith not the foundation. Ephesians 2:8-9, John 3:16, Romans 10:9, Galatians 2:16
    Mormon - Through Works. Jesus only makes up for what mankind cannot do. Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:23

Another few things to consider. In Mormon theology we all pre-existed in heaven. In Christian theology we didn't exist until God first created Adam and Eve.

In mormonism Jesus can't have led a sinless life (although I think they believe he did) because otherwise he would be God. However he must of led a sinless life or else his atonement wouldn't be sufficient.

Vajrasattva-LeRoy says2014-09-03T19:02:12.280
Religion don't express opinions about people.
DUH!

Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints aren't Christians.
Christ's name wasn't Jesus- the name was a Hebrew name, pronounced Yeshua.