• Men and women feel the same emotions - just not the same height.

Both men and women feel the same emotions, but no two people feel things the same way. I'm a highly sensitive person; no, that doesn't mean I'm incredibly sensitive and can't take a joke -- it means that I feel emotions so much more intensely and deeply than your average person.

There are men who are highly sensitive and there are women who are highly sensitive. Men have standards within society, and those standards are to hide all emotions and be a "man". It's a shame, because I love a man who isn't afraid to cry or tell me how he's feeling at a certain point of the day. If we're at a funeral for someone close to us and you DON'T cry, I'm going to think something's a little off with you.

"Just because someone doesn't show their emotions, doesn't mean they don't feel them."

• Men and Women are the SAME! They are humans!!!!

Consider the fact, that both men and women are HUMANS and they have the same Emotional world. Emotions works with the same mechanisms in both genders its not something that divide us. Emotions connects people. Emotions arise in the brain, we have the same working brain we only may think different some times because our world view differs, but deeply we are the same!

• The displays differ, but generally the amount is the same

Of course everyone is different, and there are differences between men and women, the brain connections, the different hormones etc. However we mostly just use different parts of our brains to get similar results. Men do get emotional pretty easily, just like women do. Obvious expressions such as crying are not encouraged in men so they are less likely to express their emotions in that way, but they still feel them. I will point out that sadness seems (in a very general way) to be more overtly expressed by women and anger seems more overtly expressed by men, but I suspect this is due to society saying that these are okay for each gender. I definitely know guys who will throw and break things when angry, and girls who will burst into tears when frustrated. These are both emotional outbursts. Both genders need to have a handle on our emotions to be well balanced people. Emotions are not bad, they are useful. We are members of a social and emotional species and we need to use both emotion and logic to make the best decisions for ourselves and our society.

• Men have been forced to conceal their emotions, but are just as emotional.

Throughout history, societies have expected men to be "tough", "macho" and un-phased by moments of sadness. This has meant that as young boys grow up, although they remain as sensitive as girls, they feel the need to bottle up their emotions in fear that they may not appear as manly as their peers, who also are concealing their own feelings. This has resulted in women being deemed as more sensitive and emotional than men, which I don't believe to be true, and I think that if men were allowed to express the way they feel they would be seen crying far more often.

• Men have just as much emotion as women.

Difference in hormones does not necessarily mean a difference in what emotions we experience. While it does effect which emotions we feel more strongly than others that doesn't mean they aren't there. It's also good to note that the amount of hormones a person has is a variable and not a constant, so some men may have more estrogen than average, and some women may have more testosterone than average.

Further more in society women have been told it's normal to be emotional and is in fact to be expected, so women feel more comfortable expressing and discussing their emotions in the open. Men however are told systematically that showing emotions is weak, or showing certain emotions; i.E. Sadness or grief is something a man should not do. Even though they are fully capable of feeling those emotions they feel as though they will be shamed for sharing those emotions. Which is probably why men are more likely to go see a therapist or commit suicide.

• Feeling vs acting emotional

Men, being human, have human feelings (emotions).

Men have learned through social pressure to not act on their feelings choosing instead to remain steadfast .

Society does not inhibit women in this way, probably due to the additional influence on hormones and the expected fluctuation of feelings.

So men feel emotions but it is not as obvious. Women act on emotions which is obvious.

Empathy is the ability to understand the feelings of others not the ability to feel.

• Just a fact

I took a look at the people who said no, and clearly enough they DID confess that men have as much feelings than woman, but they simply lack the words or need to put it out there into the world, for woman who have basketball obsessed husbands out there, you agree that if you want to watch something during basketball season, you have to go to your friend's house because your hub is going to be screaming and shouting through the whole basketball hours, crying has nothing to do with feeling, if you saw men when they see a Ferrari, you'll know what I'm talking about.

• Crying or not has nothing to do with how much emotion you have

When a person display's emotion via laughter, pain, distress, anger or crying (and hundreds of others) this is merely a "display" of expressing an emotion, but it does not mean that the persons emotions are any greater or lesser than the next person. If you take humour\laughter as an emotion and judge on the display, I don't think women show more than men over all, where as the initial comparison in this debate refers to crying, which women on a whole do more than men. As a man, I was raise through my childhood to "not" cry, pick yourself up, wipe away the tears and get back in there. If I was not raised that way, I am sure I would cry more often. I am very happy I don't cry as much as an 8 year boy. I raise my daughters to be the same way. Of course they are allowed to cry, but save the crying for something that is deserving, don't over use it.

• Yes, they are as (if not more) emotional than women.

Are we both not human? I do believe men are as emotional as women if not more so, however unlike women they do not like to have their heart on their sleeve. Men are suppose to strong and dominant, how dominant would they look if a woman saw them crying? Men tend to keep their emotions locked away in a dark place where no one can see them, its only natural seeing that showing feelings is considered a sign of weakness. In fact I know a male that publicly shows his heartbreak and depression and I find it really pathetic, women want strong men, those who can protect them, not some pansy who weeps into their pillow about an ex or something that you have done. Not saying that being emotional is wrong, its just that its not common to see a man display these outwardly, meaning they usually keep it inside and its better this way for both them and the women. He's not going to be picked on for being over sensitive and women you get the benefit of not dating a women in a man's body (figuratively speaking).

• More men punch out doors than women: I'd say that's emotional!

If we stop looking at just crying and sadness as "emotion" then we will easily see that men express emotions as much as women do. Anger, pride, rage, jealousy - all are emotions that men express probably more often than women. Men have higher suicide rates than women and that says something.

• I do not think men are as emotional as women.

It is true that both men and women can be emotional and yes I have seen some men that are more emotional than women but in the overall picture I feel that women are more emotional than men. Not many men will cry at weddings or cry at a sad movie. I myself as a man have never done that. So basically I feel women are just plain more emotional than men.

Posted by: dadude913
  • I do not believe our brain chemicals are the same, so I don't believe men are as emotional as women.

I do not think that men have the possibility to be as emotional as women. One of the major reasons why women are so emotional is the amount of estrogen in our systems. That is why we are extra emotional around our menstrual cycle. Testosterone is responsible for more logical ways of thinking, or in some cases, most aggressiveness.

Posted by: I33Horray
  • No, men are not as emotional as women, in my opinion.

I do not think that men are anywhere near as emotional as women are. I really think this is because men feel that they have to be more manly, and can't cry. This isn't right, in my opinion, but that's how some men are. I think that all beings should be as emotional as they need to be, no matter the situation.

Posted by: SeriousNestor34
  • No, some men aren't capable of giving emotional support, when a women needs it?

No, when a women needs just a hug, because she's upset about something very important to her, how many men give that hug? They think the woman or wife is being to emotional. My biggest point is, that when a women needs a man to be their during a crisis, wether it's surgery, a child sick, the man doesn't give her the support that she needs. Isn't that what love is all about, being their for each other? It seems to me, that when a man is sick, the woman takes care of him, no complaining. If a woman is sick, cold or whatever, he will still expect her to fix the dinner. This is just a small example. They don't listen if a woman needs to just vent or really talk about something that is bothering her. You normally get a one word answer and the conversation is over. That's why, my opinion is, that some men don't possess, within themselves, emotions strong enough to support the person they love. They think of them self first, not how the person they love is feeling.

• Men tend to keep their emotions more bottled up.

Women keep their emotions much closer to the surface than most men. It is generally the case that women will cry much quicker and more easily than men. Also, women have a much greater need to discuss their emotions than men. Whether or not this is a positive characteristic of men is another debate entirely, however.

Posted by: MariaR
  • No, I do not think that men are as emotional as women.

As men we are taught to own our emotions, and in that way we learn to silence them when needed. Also women have a lot more estrogen, and estrogen is linked to emotional response, and the intensity there of. Men have a lot less estrogen in their bodies, making them biologically less emotional.

Posted by: goofrank
  • Overall, they aren't; but they run a very close second.

Women are more emotional, and value emotions, more than men. In comparison to men, women wear their feelings on their sleeves. But, if one gets to really know a man and talk to him in depth about his life, it is easy to see the similarities between that man and women. A lot of male behavior that we attribute to a man just being a man is actually a manifestation of his emotions. Overall, a man's sensitivities are more covert than a woman's, but they are definitely there.

Posted by: MohaI0v35
  • God created men and women to be different

It may not be politically correct or even popular, but men and women are different in many ways. One is not better then the other we have been created to compliment and complete each other. This is best seen in a marriage between a man and women, husband and wife. Science is uncovering this fact more and more, unfortunately they want to contribute it to evolution not how we have been created. Any men and women who have had close relationships and who are willing to be honest can see that men and women are different and that women are more emotional then men. We need to stop viewing this as a bad thing.

• Men do not want to be feminine

We live in a society where if men show emotions, they are considered feminine. Men do not like that. We want to be masculine. Provide and protect our families. We want to show people how tough we are and we cannot stand the thought of being feminine. Being feminine is a woman's things. Men are not feminine and we never will be. We like the thought of keeping our emotions to ourselves just because we do not want to be seen as a feminine male. We like the masculine male that is in us and that we live out everyday.

• Biology and society

Some argue that men are only less visibly emotional because they've been taught to suppress their emotions, but the only reason this has been reinforced is that it is already in our biology to behave like that. Hormones dictate emotional state and it's a simple fact that there are differences in hormonal output between men and women.