• Women Are Too Emotional

I'm a woman and because of hormones, I feel women are proven to be more emotional than men. That is not a bad quality, but in a case of deductive reasoning skills and common logic, which are the basis for being "rational" vs "irrational," emotion can get in the way of these skills. I am very smart as a woman. I got great grades, so a woman can still be smart. However, I tested my deductive reasoning skills against a male's, and while simple knowledge allowed us both to come up with a solution to the problem, his solution wound up being more effective though. By the way, you notice I said "male's" and not "man's?" That's because he was not an adult. I was 18 when I took this deductive reasoning test. He was a 12 year old boy. Imagine a 12 year old boy being able to rationalize better than an adult woman! That proves we women may be smart but due to our emotions, men are more rational!

• Yes Of course

What planet have you been living on in which men aren't the more rational gender? Women give birth and are responsible for caring for and understanding their children's needs and emotions. Men are responsible for killing each other, making money, and being the asshole that everyone blaims when something goes wrong. Climb out from underneath your rock and start living in the real world.

• It definitely seems that way

If it's not their sweeping judgements about how I feel and who I am before they ever talked with me, then it's their relentless need to be right in the face of a logical argument. I can't say that men don't also display these traits, but I feel like men are more interested in the truth and knowing the right answer rather than women. I also feel like men are better at calmly and rationally thinking through a problem and making sound decisions in instances of high stress. More recently I've worked with women in leadership positions and found that they are more interested in being the boss, than they are in displaying sound judgment. They are also backstabbing and vindictive in a way that I've not experienced when working with men. The notion of teamwork seems to be more of a buzzword than it is about fostering true team spirit. Their need to stand out will often trump the needs of the organization and employees. What's worse is that I get called sexist for pointing out the continued irrational behaviors of certain women. How irrational is it that I need to be more worried about being branded a sexist than I do about ensuring a rational decision is made? Must be a woman's world I'm living in....

• I literally just experienced it.

I'm a woman and I can talk to my guy friends about absolutely anything. We can even have a disagreement but we'll listen to what the other has to say. It isn't so carefree with my best friend from high school (female). The discussion we just had escalated so quickly, I was confused and didn't even know what happened. I admitted where I was wrong and said what I would do to fix it but she kept going on and on. Overthinking and everything. You can't talk to someone who doesn't want/care to listen.

• Different solutions to feeling powerless. Men get more rational and women get less rational.

Different solutions to feeling powerless. Men find better ways of bringing about meaningful change. Women find ways of manipulating men to 'feed' their habits then get addicted to the sense of power associated with the compulsive unaware and continuous use of irrational domination games.
    I call irrational women 'diversionary bitches'.
    I call obstructionist men 'manginas'.
    Women can be obstructionist too.
    Bitches and maginas are abreactional about constraint. Manginas seek ever more freedom through the acquisition of money. Bitches seek absolute freedom through the domination of anyone who has the power to stand in their way.

• Men look for solutions

I don't know why men are more rational, could be nature but I think it is more likely that the way society treats them makes it this way. I don't think men are inherently more rational than women and therebare obviously many irrational men and perfectly rational women, but generally men must take accountability and fix problems whereas women must be catered to and protected.
    If you want to see women being irrational look at how they complain about the wage gap but seem to be adverse to going into STEM fields. I don't know why women make this decision as more women go on to further education than men but are intent on studying degrees that everybody knows won't fetch large salaries.

• Pretty clearly yes.

Have you ever had a conversation with a woman? Everything is about how they feel, you can't even tell them a fact if it doesn't make them FEEL good.

An easy example is how women dream of marriage since childhood,they also grow up saying that they dont care what men like, they then cite decreasing rates of marriage as evidence men are not stepping up to the plate, they also initiate 70% of divorces.

Women are so irrational that even though they supposedly have superior emotional intelligence, they seem to be intent on having emotional warfare with men not understanding that this doesnt benefit anybody. Women complain that men don't express themselves buy if a man does try to speak on an issue it is dismissed, he's either told the issue isn't real, his problems don't matter or that he's a cry baby and should toughen up because he's a man.

• Women's brain structure and function makes them more susceptible to emotional influence

Women, in general, are more irrational than men. Here is the science behind, so prepare to lose ladies... (Btw all the other people trying to support that men are more rational should just stop posting, so many of the arguments posted above are embarrassing. You guys are stupid, let me lick this one down for ya'll...)
    The female brain has a larger corpus callosum and more intricate neural pathways in this region. The corpus callosum connects the two hemispheres of the brain (left and right). This means that the female brain utilizes more regions of the brain simultaneously, as synapses from both the left and right hemisphere "fire" in response to a stimuli. The male brain generally uses more of one hemisphere of the brain at one time, particularly the left hemisphere which is associated with logic and reasoning.
    Getting back to the female brain, this wider array of neural connectivity also incorporates the limbic system, which is the region of the brain associated with emotions. This means that the female brain will involve emotional responses at some level depending on the stimuli and what type of reaction is necessary to best deal with whatever the stimuli is.
    Generally, a vast majority of real world situations and problem solving scenarios are better resolved or handled through practicality, sensibility, reasoning, and logical though processes. This means a majority of the time, responses influenced by visceral, emotional reactions only serve to "cloud" logic, resulting in a scenario or situation that is less than optimal to what could have resulted as a response to a given stimuli.
    This commingling of various regions of the brain in women that do not relate to logic and reasoning only further hinders this process... With respect to the limbic system in particular, the "emotional" influence on a woman's decision making process is biologically impossible! And since emotional responses are based on visceral reactions rather than reason, any influence of such responses in situations/solutions that require logic creates the potential for "irrational" actions and behavior.
    Can women control these emotional responses? Absolutely. Are there men who are less capable of controlling there emotional reactions, making them more irrational than women? Absolutely. BUT, MORE OFTEN women are biologically and psychologically prone to being susceptible to "irrationality" due to fundamental differences in the structure and functionality of the female brain. It's not sexist, it's science.

• I've delt with more irrational women then men no doubt.

Do I even need to explain? Whether it's being in a relationship or just having friends that are girls.. I've come to find that they are much more irrational then their male counterparts. I have many female friend along with countless make friends and yet I've come to find that I deal with irrational women on a weekly basis. I do not deal with nearly as many irrational males...It's overbearing. Don't call me sexist. I love women, I just wish they could learn a little rationality

• Yes, men are more rational.

Men are conditioned to not show much emotion which allows them to put their feelings to the side to work while women freak out over micro transactions. They show so much emotion and a lot of women crave drama and so it makes them less rational. You cant fight biology. Men are stronger, faster, smarter, and better leaders because of this fact. Natural selection and evolution prove this. Women are the majority yet they don't have much power without a man helping them. Men are the bedrock of society and when men want to have a all men thing women invade because they have nothing better to do while men don't typically raid all women groups.

• Not at all

Why do people actually believe this nonsense?
    If men were really more rational than women, you'd see more genuinely reasonable men, men who refrain some being rude or mean, less men who are jerks than women who are jerks, men who can actually debate honestly, men who don't have any prior prejudice and bias clouding their ability to reason.

But that's not the case.

• No, one is no more rational than the other.

People of both sexes have the ability to be perfectly rational. They both also have the ability to be completely irrational. It all depends on the context of the situation, including the mood the person is in, the surroundings, the events in the person's life, and even the weather. Sometimes someone is going to be irrational for no reason, it has nothing to do with what's between their legs.

• No, women are equally as rational.

To believe that women are less rational than men you would have to look at their decisions and not the process by which they reached them. It is possible that women do take more things into consideration than men do and those are things that men might consider irrelevant to a situation whereas women do not.

• Rational doesn't mean emotionless

I'm confused as to why making decisions void of emotion means you're being rational. My definition of being rational is the ability to make sound decisions based on evidence presented by all parties involved. Since neither sex does this i find both of them to be irrational. Men don't ask questions or gather information. They assume their perception is correct and often don't consider the consequences of their actions.

• No... Just no.

Because women are deemed irrational, their behaviour is perceived as irrational. Moreover, it's unreasonable to treat a woman as such, and so how can she reason with 'unreason'?
    Stereotypes in media and everyday practice reinforce assumptions about female irrationality and male rationality. Certainly, both men and women are capable of being either rational or irrational. It is not something inherent, so much as it is something learnt. If men are so completely rational, then why do men more often involve themselves in violent acts with no perceivably positive outcomes, except that of a jail sentence. If irrationality is characteristically motivated by emotion, driven by a person's most inner workings, then I do not see how a fist of rage is any different to an outburst of tears-- even still I am drawing here from stereotypes of male and female behaviour that are never necessarily true of either gender. For I know men who are hypersensitive, and women who are aggressively charged.

• No, men are not more rational

There's no solid proof that men are more rational beings than women.

You can see irrational people in general everywhere you go, this isn't a gender thing people.
    Ultimately sex does not determine if one is truly rational or not.
    Have you guys seen how often men use pointless insults and try to put people down?
    Ad hominems left and right?
    That is neither rational nor moral.

• No (and what research specifically?)

I think it's more to do with each gender "rationalizing" in a different way, hence thinking the other, not thinking the same way, is irrational. It doesn't mean either one is wrong in what they are thinking, just that they reach the conclusion/decision in a different manner. Plus, you have to keep in mind that everyone is a little different (and everyone is a little selfish) so decisions and conclusions may very.

• Men are NOT more rational than women.

There are many ways in which a man is more irrational than a woman. Ultimately, being illogical is a problem that is not exclusive to one sex. Personally, the most irrational people I have ever known were mostly men. And at the end of the day, generalizations are not helpful.

• Emotion does not equal irrationallity

Now first off, the simple idea of having emotions doesn't mean you HAVE to let them overwhelm you. Of course there are a lot of women out there who do let that happen but there are also a lot of men who rape and murder yet I'm not saying that men have an inherit need to do those things, and I'm certainly not trying to push it as a widely accepted agenda against men. And secondly, emotions ARE rational. If you're about to murder a puppy and your emotions don't kick in and tell you what a beautiful creature that puppy is, a puppy's gonna get freaking murdered. That's plenty rational to me.

• Both are humans

Men and women are born the same way. It isn't that I know whether they're psychologically different, but I believe it's a matter of how they are raised. More men were rational in the past, because women were raised to be of lesser stance and were not taught to take on the role of leadership. In both genders, there are the rational and then the more instinctive people. If it is a matter of how we treat people, not a matter of how we are born, then we can hardly agree to this question because society is changing by the second.