Are money laundering laws sufficiently enforced in the banking industry?

• Yes they are

Yes, I think that when someone takes money while they are in the banking industry that there is plenty of laws in place to make sure that they are punished, and to make sure that they can not ever go and do it again in any other bank in the world.

• Yes money laudering laws are sufficiently enfored

Money laundering laws are sufficiently enforced in the banking industry based on all that the consumer is made to do in order to prove their money's legitimacy. Banks are prevented from doing transactions with a high dollar value, placing holds on funds before they are cleared. Banks also take fingerprints and pictures of individuals attempting to make high dollar transactions.

• No, I don't believe the money laundering laws are sufficiently enforced in the banking system.

I believe that while money laundering laws have become stricter in the past few years there are still substantial gaps and holes in the laws that allow large amounts of illegal capital to freely flow through the system, I believe there needs to be more controls and regulations to get rid of it.

• They want to profit.

No, money laundering laws are not sufficiently enforced in the banking industry, because there is nothing that the banking industry has to gain by turning people in who launder money. The banking industry makes its profit by letting people go about their business. Until they are given some kind of incentive, they will not turn in wrongdoers.

• No, they are not.

The banking industry is probably the only area in which money laundering laws are not sufficiently enforced, and this needs to change. Banks are big money though, obviously, so this is unlikely to change any time soon. The best bet would be to have public banks run by the government.