Are more kids getting in trouble when they have strict parents?

Asked by: angelica.ray6
  • Yes! Be More Lenient

Yes, definitely! I have a friend whose parents kept her so tightly wound that when she finally did get some freedom she went crazy! She became obsessed with guys and smoking weed and drinking. Parents need to realize that it isn't always the best to have so many rules. It is okay when it is needed but not unnecessary rules. Strict parents make sneaky and rebellious children.

• Strict parents create rebel/ antisocial kids

I'm a 16 year old and I never get to do anything. My mom yells at me or makes me do things that I don't want to do. I have no freedom, whatsoever. I can't go to my bestfriend's house for 1 day. I don't leave my room a lot and I try to avoid any interaction with her. I get A's and B's and keep my mouth shut. I hate not being able to do anything, so when she's gone I leave the house and come back when ik she's almost home. I'm sick of eveything!

• They are total jerks!

There are the parents that everyone loves. The ones that are nice and let you have whatever you want (As long as it's reasonable). They the only ask that you don't burn the house down. Strict parents labor you all day and only give you the basics. I have a friend who had parents that grounded him for a day if he did not do all 12 of his chores. (He was 14 years old, and no physical violence. CPS- not needed). I've seen nicer serial killers than his parents.

• Parents are the problem

Parents who are very strict with their kids, the kids are more likely to try and rebel. Between teachers yelling at us all day, what every kid wants is for their parents to be uptight and demanding them to do things when they walk in the door. Not really! Kids, of all ages, just want parents who support them in their choices, not command them to do something they hate or despise. Parents need to lay off and give their kids some breathing room, after all they're the ones who raised them so they should trust that they taught their kids the right thing

Posted by: fru
  • So true !

I have really strict parents growing up ! Im 21 now but growing up as a kid suck fat ass black hairy std's balls ! But i would always sneak in my moms room and take stuff when i was a minor i had 6 theft charges on me ! But it made me sneaky for some reason

• Kids and strict parents

When a kid has strict parents they tend Get in more Trouble. I know from experience that kids get in more trouble. When you have parents that give you some freedom most kids try not to get in trouble so that they dont lose their moms/dads trust. Strict parents make sneaky kids...

• It is true

I'm 15 and i'm a guy and my parents are so strict i just got my phone and a laptop this year because i needed them for school. My parents are so nosy and invasive i can't even close the door to my room, they won't even let me bring electronics out of the kitchen unless i have a super valid reason, and i have always gotten A's because they hovered over me, and they expect it now, but when they back off I get worse marks, (which are still low A's and high B's) but they say if i don't get satisfactory marks, like 90ish that they will make me pay for sports and stuff, but if i do get it there is no reward. I start to feel more rebellious because i get into trouble for stuff that no one else does because no one else has those rules to break and now my parents don't trust me and think of me lowly and i blame it all on them

• Strict parents create rebellious, lying, sneaky kids

I'm 16 years old. I have strict parents. I am going through a lot right now because I have strict parents. I've always had strict parents. When I was 13 I got into some social media trouble and since then I haven't been able to bring my phone in my room or any electronics. I can't go out with any friends unless my mom gets their moms numbers and calls them several days before I hang out with them. And she asks every question out there. Because I've been under strict rules I skip practice and school events to go hang out with friends. They tell me to be myself but then they want a perfect child. And I'm far from perfect I have decent grades but I just don't feel good enough and that really lowers my self esteem. I feel worthless and because I feel that my parents control everything, I have been put in situations where "guys" have tried taking control of situations and not repsecting my answer or how I feel and I felt useless because I'm so used to letting my parents being in control of me that I couldn't even stand up for myself. I have gotten really bad anxiety that even the simple things make me have an anxiety attack. Everyday I come home and get asked the same question "how was your day?" I say the same thing everyday because if there was something going on that made my day horrible I couldn't tell them because they will either try to take control of the situation or judge me. Or view me differently. I feel like maybe I will get punished for letting something happen. This all has caused me to go crazy. I've noticed a lot more aggression in me. I easily get ticked off. If I'm in a situation where I'm getting in an argument with anyone( teacher, friend, parent, sister) I have to leave the room to calm down and it takes a while to do that because I have so much built in me and I'm almost taking that out on them and I don't wanna put hands on anyone. I go to my room after an argument with my parents and almost tear my room up because I have so much anger. I even have done drugs. I'm not doing anything crazy. But every so often when life just gets to hard for me I get high. I mean how else am i supposed to cope with the feelings I have. All everyone has done in my life is take control of my life and whenever I try to I get punished for it. Whether that be my parents and take everything away from me or threaten to call the police on me. Or "guys" punishing me by doing things I don't approve of. So to all the parents out there please let your children experience life themselves and let them go out.

• Yes yes yes

I am currently 17 almost 18 and my parents have been choking me ever since I was 12. I have never been allowed to go to sleepovers, go to a guys house, drink, try any drugs, have any boyfriend, or do anything that could potentially have a bad outcome. On top of this they shame me every day for quitting my sport and gaining weight ( even though I'm known at my school for having the best body). With all of this, and the standards than anything below As in school is unnaceptable, I would say my parents are pretty strict! So from age 15-17 I developed bulimia and became highly suicidal. Which they never seemed to notice at all until I told them and they told me to get over it. So for the last 2 years almost I've become friends with the popular kids, smoking, drinking, sneaking out, having sex, and taking ecstasy and molly on various occasions. I would say most of this developed from strict parents since I get a rush from rebelling. Something about human nature just pushes me to break rules when too many are enforced.

• Yes yes yes

• No not really.

Kids that have strict parents do get in trouble, but that does not mean all the kids with strict parents are more likely to get in trouble. I think it is about 50/50 some kids are more afraid of getting in trouble with the parent since they know the parent is strict, others want to rebel more.

• No they don't

I have strict parents and I don't get into trouble. All the time my dad says do this, do that. I seem like a slave. I go to Meyzeek Middle school in Louisville KY and I have never had lunch detention, ISAP (In School Adjustment Plan,) or any other type of trouble.