• Too. Many. Rules.

Anyone who has even looked at a Bible knows that it is way too big to not have a million rules inside.
    "Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together." (Deuteronomy 22:11)
    -Don't wear mixed fabrics
    "And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination." (Leviticus 11:10-11)
    -Don't eat certain seafood
    "And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also." (Genesis 38:9-10)
    -Don't pull out
    "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD." (Leviticus 19:28)
    -Don't cut yourself or tattoo's
    Can we all agree that a LOT of Christians don't follow these rules? Most of them really don't.

• They are, but they have to.

With a compilation of books so large, in which books contradict other books that it is bound to its impossible to make much sense without cherry picking.

That and the sheer volume, its not like you will read a whole chapter every time that you want to quote the bible or any other work of literature for that matter. I do not blame them for cherry-picking, nothing is wrong with that. It is just as valid to do the same back though.

I do not have a problem with xians. I have a problem with people who are dishonest about what they believe and do. We all cherry pick, and its fine. It is acceptable to disregard nonsense and pick out the good parts of the bible or anything else. There isn't enough good in this world, I'll take it wherever I can find it!

• Along with Atheists who love to debate.

I don't know where to begin with what I'm going to say. The Bible is a "living" book. To many Christians you can believe certain beliefs and not believe others. However, the fundamental beliefs that all Christians believe is that Jesus is God, Born the virgin Mary, and rose on the third day.

Atheists cherry pick it just as much or more.

• There are way too many branches of Christianity

The reason why there are branches is because some follow what others don't. What angers me most is that one of the branches were made because a guy wanted a divorce. Yet nowadays, if you don't want to do something of the religion, you just don't do it. An example, who has seen that video "I'm Christian, but I'm not..", its proof that there are cherry pickers.

• They do things they're told not to anyway, and ignore what they want to ignore. There's too many things the Bible didn't like, I suppose.

Most Christians believe that all homosexuality is bad, while the bible mainly states that gay men are sinners. Lesbians? Nothing to my knowledge and research is said about them. And yet they're still victims of religion-based homophobia.

Plus, the bible informs you not to eat pork or seafood, tells men that they always have to finish inside of their partner (I think), reminds people not to cross dress (aka, women would always be wearing skirts and dresses, guys wouldn't be able to wear shorts/skirts even if society was fine with it, etc), complains about tattoos, getting remarried, gossiping, and apparently you can't even play American football. There's plenty more examples, but it would make the longest supporting argument ever, so I'll stop here and remind that most people, including Christians, like to still do most of these things.

• Are most Christians cherry-pickers? Yes they have to be in order to be a good person.

In the Bible there are many teachings which are contradictory and also immoral in a modern sense. But there are many good teachings also which are beneficial to mankind. A good Christian will ignore the outdated teachings and will consciously choose which are relevant in the current context. In this regard they can be considered as cherry-pickers.

• Modern Christians are

Most churches in the U.S. promote it. No longer are we studying the gospel, but how to be a good person. There are even churches that claim hell does not exist. If you cherry pick, what is the point of believing any of it at all? There are certain scriptures in the bible that aren't meant to be taken literally. But I'm not discussing those, I am talking about the crucial aspects of the bible that people seem to leave out, or they create their own ideas about what they mean. Liberal Christianity has taken Jesus out of the church, and he is the one who it is all about.

• Nah probably not

Probably not. The books you quoted are all found in the Torah, the Jewish book. Basically if I recall correctly the figure of Jesus came in to remove the old laws and replace them with the new. Thus it is irrelevant for Christians to follow old laws. So if anything you are cherry picking against them, or do you mean the Jews instead. Silly Jews?

• No they are not

Oh you the atheists, Christians are not cherry pickers, that would be the atheists, why, because, they have all these crazy theories and they expect you to believe them or you are stupid, or crazy, or some other straw man fallacy, they think that there is no god and and the universe blew up and that is how it exists!

• What the hell

Wow u guess are stupid. I am about to get u. I am a Christian I and I am not cherry picker. You are just . Now just because that came from the bible it doesn't mean that it is true. For example, people say all black people like watermelon, I don't like water melon.

• I am a strong Lutheran, and I want to say yes. And I want to show that we all are.

Speaking on behalf of all Christians, we are cherry-pickers. We are not perfect people. We are very sinful people who make a lot of mistakes every single day, along with everyone else in the world. I don't like admitting I make mistakes a lot, but we all do. Atheist or not, we all are sinful people, who fall short of the Glory of God every single day, but us cherry-pickers, murderers, rapists, and sinners, we are all loved by God, and he loves all of us so much that he sent his one and only son to go through a living hell to die for us to forgive our sins! Whoever believes in him will have eternal paradise with God. What a beautiful gift he has given to all of us. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Vox_Veritas says2015-11-17T00:28:59.060
It's more accurate to say that in the Christian community there is a huge diversity of interpretations of various verses in the Bible.
Bluepaintcan123 says2015-11-17T00:41:51.010
@Vox_Veritas There are a lot of verses that you can't just "interpret." Just look at the ones I used in my argument, how could you possibly interpret them differently? Also the Bible doesn't allow interpretation:
"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." (2 Peter 1:20-21)
Vox_Veritas says2015-11-17T01:50:35.830
Incorrect; the prophecy involving the statue of gold, silver, bronze, and iron has been universally interpreted to mean Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome respectively. The book of Revelation obviously cannot be taken literally and thus it MUST be interpreted.
The context of the verse you provided is probably different from the context you're putting it in.
Bluepaintcan123 says2015-11-17T02:05:56.630
@Vox_Veritas No, if you check the verse (I wrote it in in case someone asked this) it is exactly what it says. The bible isn't about what a man interprets it as, it is what is written on the pages.
So if people really believe in Christianity and the bible, then it would be cherry-picking to ignore this verse.
Vox_Veritas says2015-11-17T16:19:50.827
I'm not saying that you stated the verse incorrectly; what I am saying is that it was probably stated in a different context. I have provided several examples where interpretation of scripture is necessary to make heads or tails of it.
Vox_Veritas says2015-11-17T16:22:26.407
By the way, the verse you mentioned stated that PROPHECIES allegedly are not open to interpretation.
Anyhow, the Mosaic Law in the Church Age must be interpreted to see if it still applies. Peter's dream made it clear that dietary requirements of the OT no longer apply, while it's still very much so sinful to murder or commit adultery according to later verses.