• Yes, most are.

Although I have met some gay friendly conservatives, a vast majority and possibly all homophobes that I have ever met or seen have been conservative. I am gay and grew up around conservatives. I heard a lot of homophobic crap from my relatives when I was a child and teenager.

• Overall, definitely

Homophobia CAN be found in all political ideologies, but it's deeply rooted within the conservative community. This partly has to do with religion as the teechings of most major religions are VERY critical towards homosexuality.

Hence secular societies, with more progressive and modern values and views are less homophobic.

Pardon my English, I am Scandinavian

• Stereotypically Yes

I think the perception is certainly that most homophobes take a conservative stance on political issues as well. Certainly most homophobes are against gay marriage, a conservative stance on the political issue. I don't believe this to be the case in every situation but I think the vast majority of homophobes consider themselves politically conservative.

• No. It just personal preference - like being gay is.

I'm surprised by the term homophobia - it implements that everyone should just accept gay people. Being liberal means believing in the rights to choice and going against the grain right? In that sense, it's very liberal to be a homophobe right now because it seems as if everyone and their grandmothers gay. It's just a personal preference, the same way people just don't like being around seafood, or the way vegetarians hate meat.

• Homophobia Doesn't Mean Political Alignment

Homophobia isn't about politics, it's about an unexplained fear. Anyone who learns to fear homosexuals doesn't necessarily get that view from conservative thinking. Homophobia is probably passed down from one generation to the next. As gay rights become more prevalent in America, homophobia will eventually be eliminated, if not lessened. It is true more liberal people are advocates for gay rights, but not all homophobes are conservatives.

• Homophobia is a fake term.

Homophobia is not only linguistically challenged, but falsely attempts to define any aversion to one of the plethora of sexual fetishes and perversions to the privileged status of immunity whereby any criticism, distaste and disdain is prohibited demonstrating that prostitutes, incestuous siblings, and philanderers are lagging way behind in the public relations department. Ironically, the questioner as well as all the respondents failed to note the late Fred Phelps was a Democrat but of course the extremist Left is the primary source of this pseudo-intellectual political nonsense and make it a contentious national issue. It is a shame and a disgrace that only is this treated like a serious issue, the fear here is apparently the fear to rationally challenge and recognize the absurdity of an illegitimate term and being ostracized for disliking the sexual behavior of a guy that has numbed himself to fecal matter to breed another guy's rectum. My opinion is: Don't waste my time. You could easily enumerate a 100 human behaviors that are ostensibly disdainful and this one shouldn't enjoy any immunity and I don't consider it any more important than the woman that'll spread for $50 US on a street corner or the man that wants to bang his sister. Sadly, Western Civilization is going the way of the panda bear and millennials have substituted critical thinking for episodes of Modern Family.

• No. Sexual preference does not matter.

Just because a person is a homosexual, doesn't automatically make them a liberal or conservative. We all have our right to choose our beliefs. You are going to find homophobes who are liberal and some that are conservative. People can have conservative beliefs and still support gay and lesbian rights.