• A majority of officer's are trustworthy

I believe that, on the whole, the police in America are to be trusted. That said, I do understand that there are many police officers who are not to be trusted, but I believe this to be the exception rather than the rule. There are bad people everywhere, from priests to doctors to accountants. There is often no way of knowing a person is immoral or corrupt until they have the power to make bad choices. All in all, I believe the police are honorable, trustworthy people who serve our communities well.

• For the most part

A majority of officer's are trustworthy, some choose to abuse their authority, for example 'Lt. Joe gliniewicz'. All of the officers where I live are very trustworthy, honorable, and hard workers. They want to do there job and go home at the end of the day just like everyone else.

• Most of them

There are some bad cops but most cops are good.They choose to risk their lives to protect people they don't even know. That takes courage. I bet non of the blm idiots would do that. We can not judge all cops for the actions of a couple. That is BIGOTRY.

• Yes they are...

There have been a few things that were fishy with police officers. But, without them, I don't know what our world would be like. If we didn't have police officers, there would be much more people that were bad out there. Without police officers, there wouldn't be much of a prison. Because no one has the authority to put someone else in prison. The point is, Police Officers are very trustworthy, they help us keep this world a good place.

• They're Not All Bad.

Although there are a lot of police officers out there that are generally horrible people there are some that take the job seriously and really try to help the citizens that they vowed to protect and serve. For every police officers that does something terrible there is at least one police officer who is trying to do the right thing.

• There's a bad seed in every bunch

• There are a few bad apples

Unfortunately, a few bad police officers give many a bad name. It's the same with airplanes. Thousands of planes fly every day without a problem. But a few crash every once in a while and that's all you hear about. Most law enforcement officers just want to do their jobs honestly. But a few want to cut deals for their friends or abuse the public, and they ruin it for everyone.

• No, unfortunately I believe that most Police officers pursue this job to have power over others.

There was a time in society when police officers had the purest of intentions to help protect their citizens, but I believe that this is a dying breed. More and more we are hearing about cases of abuse of power, especially the use of deadly force, and the division seems to be growing. It seems very obvious that people who want to become police officers want to utilize their power to invoke fear in "criminals" who are more and more being lost in the crowd of every day civilians.