• Yes, we all know they fudge things to cover themselves and their friends.

Policing is a ‘public trust’ We see in many communities today that the ‘trust’ is nonexistent. We should all be able to feel safe with our police. As a general rule, I believe they do lie, and about little things too. I want to trust police but when they lie about traffic tickets can you expect them not to lie about the bigger things?

• No, most police officers in the United States are not corrupt.

No, most police officers in the United States are not corrupt because the actions of a few bad police officers shouldn't taint an entire police force. Although police officers have been in the news a lot lately for shootings and misconduct, I strongly believe that most police officers are law abiding citizens and usually don't abuse their power.

Most police officers in the country are hard working individuals. They believe in justice and maintaining the peace. The problem is that with the power that police are afforded by society, even a small percentage of corrupt police can have huge negative effects. If most police were corrupt, our society would be in terrible shape.

• The good are overshadowed by the highly publicized acts committed by the bad

I think it is unfair to assume that most police officers in the United States are corrupt. Every single day police officers go to work, risking their lives to protect American citizens from danger and harm. The commitment of most officers to ensuring a safe nation often goes unrecognized and unnoticed compared to the highly publicized, horrific stories of corruption that we are often exposed to in the news. These stories overshadow the many good men and women who strive to keep America a safe and happy place.