• Yes they are.

I am of the firm belief that mothers are indeed much better parents that fathers. They are more caring and nurturing for the child, and seem to have a much better emotional understanding of what the kid is going through as it makes its way through the process of growing up.

• Mothers are better parents than fathers.

First, mothers form a much stronger bond with the child and are more in tune with the child's needs and feelings. Second, mothers generally spend a lot more time in actual child rearing and care taking, doing most of the cooking and shopping for the child, as well as supervising schoolwork and social activities outside of school. These are all important tasks and the typical father is not very involved in them.

• If Mama's Not Happy, Nobody's Happy

First of all, most likely the dad proposed. I get the dad spent money on the ring, but he's the reason you're in a family. Most kids want to spend time alone, but dads keep butting in your business when you wane alone time. BTW, moms are better than dads.

• Mothers are better in so many ways

Mothers are the ones that form stronger bonds with the children.She is the one that cares most .She is the one that provides all what i need i love her because she is the one that support anything reasonable i say .I do not know who will ever say father are better than father

• Mum is the best

Mom takes the right desecion .
    They give us the best of all.
    They worry about us the most.
    They keep us in their tummy for nine months.
    Therefore I prefer my mother the most .
    They actually undertake our problem s.
    They let us make fun with them.
    I like seriously the most

• Mother are better

Dads can go days, weeks, months, without seeing their kids and mothers are there. We suffer 9 months with the babies we sacrifice our bodies and the deliver of the baby and the healing. We do all this for our children. When worry so much about them and can not bare to be away from them. Yes not all moms are great parents not all dad are either. But there’s more deadbeat dads then dead beat moms

• I think that they are both the best.

Moms are amazing because they help with reading and writing, and Dads are amazing because they help with cooking and teach you to swim and help ride a bike without training wheels. So yeah both Moms and Dads are freaking amazing, you can have your own opinion but this is mine.

• I think that they are both the best.

• Mothers are the best ones

Listen people who think fathers are great that's good to hear but look you don't understand that there's types of fathers that mess up the look for fathers from drunk to anger, and yes there is mothers out there were made a bad look for mothers but not as much as fathers.

• Mums are better

Well, I think this because they help us get healthier and stronger. They cook the most delicious food for children to eat. While on the other hand, Dads are very lazy at cooking and don’t bother to get a cook book out. That is why I think this is correct.

• Oh hell no

Shit do I hate my mother ''logic? Privacy? Common sense? Never heard of those things haha'' god damn mother I've never in my life ever had a problem with my father yet my mother keep talking shit about oem, nothing I do is good enough, EVERYTHING has to be done her way, privacy is non existant, shit I wish she would die

• Are you kidding me?

Have you not seen the statistics. Single mothers excel at one thing: raising criminals and basket-cases, 4 out of 5 times. Look at the worst, most crime infested ghettos and the most impoverished neighborhoods, the kids with the lowest educations, highest rate of criminal records and the worst future prospects financially. The one overriding factor here was not race, political, or economic status. It was the fact that those kids were being raised by single mothers. The single father demographic does not have the same problem, not even by a long shot.

• Mothers and fathers can do wonders, alone? Not so much!

Would a father let her daughter date at 14? NO! Would a father be ok with the daughter getting pregnant at 14? Hell NO! Would a father let a daughter talk back to her mother in an disrespectful way? Over his dead body! Would a father let his daughter be getting home at 7 am the next morning after partying all night? NO way Jose! Would a father let the daughter date assholes? Perhaps that will be a little difficult to avoid but he would do his best to not let it happen. Mothers don't have the image of authority that fathers naturally have, and the things that mother see as right and normal fathers DON'T, and most of those things that mothers see as normal usually are the things that I mentioned early, getting pregnant and being promiscuous etc, etc. so NO, mothers or... Most mothers are not good at raising our children, not in a million years!

• Dads are equal too

Dads can be just as nurturing and caring and have the same bond as any bio parent! Giving birth does not make you instantly better... You need to realize that men can be just as equal. Moms are no better...Moms can walk away just as easily as dads can. A true father is there each step same as a mom.

• Mothers vs. Fathers

Mothers are the same as fathers, without either one the other will not manage alone. Imagine a mother without a husband. No means of support or anyone for the child to look up to. Imagine a father without a wife, no love and care shown to child due to work, business, etc..

• No they arent

Mother or father, both are equal. They play roles. It only depends how well each of them play their role. For those who are saying the mother is more caring and nurturing, there are many different cases. For example, if the child were a boy, the father would understand him much more than the mother would because the father grew up as a boy. It also applies the other way round.

• Generally, yes, they are.

Although, being a good parent depends on so variables that this kind of debate is moot. But research has shown us that children from single mother households have a far bigger chance of delinquency and crime. Plus, and this is a controversial matter, women have a very strong drive of self preservation that almost gets to the point of self over everything else. Biological mothers are also responsible for the majority of child abuse in the world. In other words, if both parents are generally good (dependable, responsible citizens), the father will almost always be better as the single parent.

• I don't believe so!

Dads can be better parents that moms if they wanted to. Both parents have a choice: if they want to be a good parent or a bad parent. Just because back then, moms were to stay home and take care of the kids while the other person works, doesn't mean it can't be the other around! Parents have to have certain qualities to be a really good parent and not all moms have ALL those qualities that are needed. Men can have them as well, after all, it IS there child too you know!

• Such a stereotypical question!

Dad's can be better parents than moms! They can be more reasonable, understanding, and patient. You have to have those traits to be a good parent and most moms only have 2 out of 3. (no offense of course!) But really, just because back then it was basically moms watch the kids and dad works, doesn't mean it can't be the other way around. So don't be stereotypical!

• No, are blacks better parents than whites?

People are people regardless of what is in between their legs. Statistically mothers have been awarded children in separation cases and fathers more commonly abandon their families. Statistics aside, however, we cannot make generalizations about parents based on their sex. Mothers and fathers vary by the person and by their skill.

Anonymous says2013-05-23T17:24:42.103
I disagree! Not all moms are good parents!
JohnGormley says2014-01-10T10:06:11.170
If mothers really were better for children how come mothers kill twice as many of their own children as men do?