Are Muslims ignorant to their own religion?

Asked by: punchme
  • Very good chance..

You often hear that it is everyone other than Muslims that are ignorant to what Muslims are about.. As spoken by the Muslims themselves. But is the reverse is true? If you are Muslim, then you believe the Quran to be the literal word of God as revealed to the prophet Muhammad. Then from there comes your world view and perspective on how to live in and among others in our global society. So often you hear how Islam is a religion of peace. Or Women are treated equally. Etc etc.. Yet Islams effect on the world as a whole seems nothing short of disastrous. Not just by Terrorist means.. This isn't about terrorism so much as an ideal about living with other people with different views. So easily is most criticism of Islam met with violence and hate. This is a religion that was and always has been spread mostly by the power of violence and the sword as opposed to open discussion, compassion and love for and with another of a different view. Lets see how this opinion discussion goes.

• Islam Supports Violence

Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims. Islam is based on the idea that you should kill all who are not like you. That is why it is hypocritical, Muslims think their philosophy is the fastest growing religion but when you look at Islam in the world, you see wars in the middle east and terrorism in the rest of the world. Muslims are dirty, uncivilized animals who wish to destruct all that is normal. That is why the United States should have power over all of the middle east and take all the oil because they are evil.

• Islam is a scam

Intellectually poor. Tells inadequate males what they want to hear and that the sole purpose of women is to serve and be owned by them. Even tells men that women are stupid and can't look after themselves. Truth is that no intelligent woman would choose these men of her own free will and has to be forced to be with them hence forced marriages.

• Muslims deny every true fact

It is a well known fact even by atheist scholars that jesus got crucified and they deny momo was a pedo,even though the Hadith and Quran said so and they hate Jews because muzzies took their holy land and they hate gays and they say that apostates should be killed and they say it is a religion of peace

• Islam gonna spread chaos in this world very soon

Muslims must open their eyes and look around they will see the reality, we should help them out to see the beautiful world around with happy souls . These people have gone blind in sake of their religion ..They think their religion is above humanity above everything else! I mean how retard, how sick one's mentality could be ! Such an Illusionists these people are !
    I wish Muslim's were humans ..

• Start of islam is false

Muhammad was in a mountain cave when he heard a voice say READ three times and three times muhammad said I can't read also muhammad was chocked 3 times.
    Muhammad ran out of the cave and told a family member what had happened in the cave.
    Muhammad said the voice never identified itself it was only when one of his christian friends said it could have been Angel Gabriel.
    The fact is most muslims don't know this storey in the quran that the islamic faith was started by the Christian faith.
    The fact is muhammad had mental problems and muhammad followed a pagan religion before the voice in the cave.
    Islam is clearly a false religion based on very weak foundations.

• A religion of lust and violence

Blind belief and blind faith . A religion born out of fear, insecurity and lust for power . A bigot who copied Jewish and Christian beliefs and created another faith knowing well how stupid followers can be. A dark faith which celebrates hatred of life and extols the non existent afterlife

• They choose to be

I'm not saying all muslims are bad. But majority are and the good ones are silent and are afraid to speak up. Revolution begins with them. And muslim women too know the ugly truth but aren't standing up against it! Sad . They're not bad people. Just really stupid people following an evil ideology blindly.

• Clueless about Islam

Yes, Muslims are ignorant of Islam. I have read most of the Islamic source texts, yet I constantly encounter Muslims who haven't even read the Qur'an!! Instead of researching and studying for themselves, they simply parrot whatever their imams or mullahs tell them. Ask them for "facts" and they cut and paste from Islamic propaganda sites. Or, they quote WIKIPEDIA as a "trustworthy" source!!!

They know even less about Islam's bloody history than they do about the religion. As for the brutal, psychotic actions of Muhammad - don't even ask!! Muslims are sure that Muhammad was a perfect saint, a second Jesus, rather than the CRIMINAL that the Sunnah reveals. Pathetic.

• I mean let's be honest for a sec

Islam is inherently violent and dividing , it's hateful dangerous and stupid .
    I am an ex muslim , and I quit Islam as soon as I started reading the Quran and the hadiths , I never knew the true nature of Islam until I read the scripture for myself , and I can guarantee that ISIS are the best muslims , the muslims that truly know and love their faith.
    Everything they do ; the prophet has done or commanded to do . The peaceful muslims are just bad and lazy ignorant muslims. And we have to stop lying to ourselves about Islam and try to reform it or fix it.

• They are ignorant about their culture

In countries like the Middle East where you see women without equal rights or men being superior, that is a cultural thing. In Islam it clearly states that men and women are equal. They have different responsibilities, but man has no control over woman and vice versa. It is ok to follow culture as long as it does not conflict with the religion. That is what many Muslims do and this is how they portray a bad image for the religion.

• I don't think so..

No, Muslims know that in a Western Country, they presently lack the power to institute Sharia and kill unbelievers, but they are making significant inroads throughout European countries and to a lesser extent in the U.S. or Canada. The Hadith informs them to smile in our faces while they curse us inwardly. Gaddafi summed up the reality in a speech saying, "We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe—without swords, without guns, without conquest—will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades." They view themselves as Muhammad did during his earliest period in Meeca or initial move to Medina, where they are too militarily weak to have open warfare. The people that are ignorant are non-Muslims, the kufar or infidels, who don't understand the violent, supremacist teachings of Islam and how low and detested unbelievers are regarded in the Qu'ran (the vilest of creatures."