• Yea Banks are the best !

Online banks are safer than traditional banking, but I do think that they are equally safe. However, I believe that online currency systems, such as Bitcoin, are much less safe than traditional banking because they are volatile markets and they are unregulated, which leads to a much greater risk for those individuals utilizing them.
    Report Post

• Online banking systems run parallel to their in-house systems.

Banking online and via mobile devices is just as safe as going into a location because they systems are networking the same way. It's as safe, and much more convenient that being tied to a location. If someone wanted to hack into online services, they could just as easily attack the store.

• No, online banks and currency systems are not safer.

I do not believe that online banks are safer than traditional banking, but I do think that they are equally safe. However, I believe that online currency systems, such as Bitcoin, are much less safe than traditional banking because they are volatile markets and they are unregulated, which leads to a much greater risk for those individuals utilizing them.

• Neither is Particularly Safe

With all hacking and date breaches going on lately, on-line banking hardly seems safe. I do not feel it is safer than traditional banking. In fact it may even be less safe. However the main point is that our electronic records are not safe with either traditional or on-line banking institutions.

• Legitimate online banks and currency systems are as secure as traditional banking.

Online banks offer better features: higher interest rates, better customer service, low fees, and more access to funds. There is also the appeal of anonymity, in some cases. The online platform is a better product, but it is not considered to be more safe. There are scare tactics, in the media, claiming that online options are unsafe, but they are on par with legacy banking.