Are online events the best and most cost-effective places to exchange information and meet and greet with other companies?

• Online events are far more cost effective than in-person events for businesses.

Today's fast-paced world requires technological savvy and innovation. Any decent company should be able to make good use of computers and our globally connected world to get ahead and save money. Online events can easily take the place of physical meetings, and they are less expensive than plane tickets and renting meeting spaces.

Posted by: babyuniqh
  • Yes, I believe online events are the best and most cost-effective overall, though in person meetings provide perks as well.

As online technology increases, the ability to interact effectively with this medium is enhanced. An online meeting can help the topic stay business focused and cut out many facets of planning a meeting that would otherwise require time and effort such as reserving a meeting room, arranging for meal accommodations and travel costs to attend.

Posted by: QuickestLeigh
  • Online events are a great way to meet with other companies, because a great deal of money and time is saved compared to traditional meetings.

Ultimately a personal meeting is probably the best, but the money and time spent organizing and travelling for such meetings often makes them not worth it. Thanks to the Internet, it is very cost and time effective to meet with other businesses. Furthermore, technology such as webcam makes these meetings still personal, even if held from great distances.

Posted by: EminentBennett93
  • I do believe that online events are the most cost-effective way for multiple companies to meet and exchange ideas, because it keeps the focus on the business at hand.

Skype has become such a prevalent business tool now, that I now believe that it is an adequate way to host a forum between multiple companies. Meeting strictly online is also a good way to keep the focus on important business topics, rather than on socializing.

Posted by: ToughEfrain26
  • I agree that online events are the best and most cost-effective places to exchange information and meet and greet with other companies, because it is much easier to flip a switch, rather than physically travel somewhere.

I support this, because it is really the best and most cost-effective way. It is easier to turn on a video camera and communicate that way, instead of wasting money on a plane ticket to do the exact same thing you would be doing with them in person, as you would over a video conference or online.

Posted by: StatuesqueBarry59
  • Online events are the most efficient and the cheapest way for companies to get together because travel expenses are taken out of the equation.

Companies can meet online and avoid gas or airplane tickets, food, hotels, and any other expenses that come with going to an event in person.

Posted by: darcyska
  • While online events are probably the most cost-effective, they are not the best way to exchange info and have meet-and-greets.

When you take the personal equation out of business, I believe that business suffers. I feel that in-person meetings are the absolute best way to get your ideas across correctly. There would be less confusion and mis-communication face-to-face, versus online.

Posted by: KerbyLuv
  • I agree that online events are the best place for people to meet. Instead of having a one on one experience, you can have a one on a million experience.

Well it's free and you can gather more people online than in person. Imagine someone exchanging information with many other people at the same time.

Posted by: ZaibCha
  • I don't completely agree!

No wonder this is the age of modern advancements and technology and everything is at your finger tips. When it comes to dealing with business matters, at some point you need to meet other companies personally in order to create stronger PR and trust between each other. No doubt all decisions are and can be made online but meeting physically is something different.

• They may be cost-effective, but you have to have personal contact to be effective overall.

I may be old school in the way I think, but I believe that if you are going to be doing business together, then you need to meet the person, shake their hand, and be able to look in their eyes. If you are meeting online, people can say whatever they want, and you will have a hard time knowing if it is true or not.

Posted by: 5c0tJung
  • I disagree, as I do not think that online events are the best way to meet and greet with other companies, because some things work better the old-fashioned way.

Call me old school, but there are some things that, when left the old-fashioned way, they work well. If a company was a potential client, I would like to meet their representative in person. I think this would give a clear representation of me, and the company that I am promoting. Also, this will eliminate any ambiguity, and any questions asked could be answered right there.

Posted by: StripperMor
  • This method may be cost-effective, but hardly the best.

Online get-togethers are one business tool for sharing ideas and 'networking', but hardly the greatest. Of course, they offer the advantage of remote 'networking' without travel or facility expenses, but you can't replace the human connection with a virtual one. I'm reminded of the fiasco with Ryan's website on "The Office".

Posted by: Th4Fire
  • I don't believe online events are the best and most cost-effective places to exchange information and meet and greet other companies because it is too impersonal.

I believe that internet events should always be kept on the table as an option, as this is the technological age. However, when doing business I believe a little bit of actual face to face personal time goes a long way. Computers and the internet are fallible. One should never rely solely on this one resource. There are far too many things one can only learn by being present.

Posted by: M0ndHate
  • It's cheap, but communication can still be at risk.

It is often said that only 10% of communication is verbal. Tone and body language are also used to convey messages. We have the ability to share information digitally, but the best sales impressions are made by monitoring the body language and verbal cues of those being interacted with. It is possible to share information through online exchanges. With video conferencing, the physical information is also partially conveyed. Online is certainly the cheapest information exchange method. It's effectivity is improving but not yet as good as the real world.

Posted by: Pir4And
  • While online events can be successful information exchanges, nothing beats meeting people in person.

Online events have their place in today's business, especially if the company is extremely mobile and large in scale, however, it will never replace the success that comes from personalize meeting and greeting. Furthermore, when a company is stretched over an internet connection, the level of involvment deteriorates. For example, there are increased bathroom and refrigerator breaks, broken connections, lost information, and less overall focus. Personalization is the key.

Posted by: Asher Cummings
  • Online events may be cost-effective, but they are not the best places to exchange information and meet and greet with other companies.

Online events certainly are cost effective, saving travel costs, meeting facility costs, and costs of paperwork needed at events. However, this may not be the best way to exchange information and have a meet and greet. It is often difficult to really get to know someone online, especially while conducting business. A personal handshake can mean a lot. You can learn a lot by seeing a person's human nature. This is often lost over the internet.

Posted by: EImerN4th
  • I do not agree that online events are the best and most cost-effective places to exchange information and meet and greet with other companies because there is too much value in face-to-face communication.

Online events are useful, but they lack some of the benefits of in-person or face-to-face events. Online communication too often is misinterpreted; first-time communication via online media makes the possibility of misinterpretation greater. Face-to-face communication also allows the participants to interact with other participants.

Posted by: R0xKiIi